Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Asking your help to solve Photobucket problem

Share | 
 

 Modeling New Zealand birds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MiniZoo

avatar

Country/State : Australia
Age : 45
Joined : 2011-02-01
Posts : 379

PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:27 pm

Congratulations on finishing your first model! With the painting try undercoating the whole model with a single colour (usually black for me) first before adding your colours. Then you don't need to go back and 'fill in' little gaps so much. I look forward to seeing your next model Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
LeeAnn
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 10277

PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:09 pm

@MiniZoo wrote:
Congratulations on finishing your first model! With the painting try undercoating the whole model with a single colour (usually black for me) first before adding your colours. Then you don't need to go back and 'fill in' little gaps so much. I look forward to seeing your next model Very Happy

Laughing I always use white for a basecoat.  But that's because my primer and gesso are white and I tend to use mainly pastels with acrylics for details.
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Update   Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:10 am

My dad has very kindly offered to buy me some wire tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
But I have no clue how to use it to get the right shape that I want for my bird. Does anybody know any good tutorials for this? I want to draw how the wire skeleton will look before I get started. I will definitely try painting it one colour this time before the actual coat. cheers Thanks for your help cheers  Oh! and also should it be tough wire or soft bendy wire??? bounce
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 25664

PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:28 am

Nice bird!!

_________________
sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
JonasV

avatar

Country/State : Finland
Age : 21
Joined : 2012-07-23
Posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:35 pm

I'm excited to see what kind of birds you will make when you get the wire! = D I cant help but somebody else might can Very Happy

_________________
Jonas

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. I love you
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30530

PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:47 pm

Ohhh! I missed the finished bird affraid

I LOVE it, - and the paintwork is beautyful cheers

_________________
flower SUSANNE   flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:06 pm

Schleichgirl wrote:
My dad has very kindly offered to buy me some wire tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
But I have no clue how to use it to get the right shape that I want for my bird. Does anybody know any good tutorials for this? I want to draw how the wire skeleton will look before I get started. I will definitely try painting it one colour this time before the actual coat. cheers Thanks for your help cheers  Oh! and also should it be tough wire or soft bendy wire??? bounce
Bother Mad Nobody is able to help me with the wire! I am going this morning and I don't have a clue what to get, I will have to make a guess scratch
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30530

PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:18 pm

I will be very interested to hear what you find out Very Happy

_________________
flower SUSANNE   flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:27 pm

@SUSANNE wrote:
Ohhh! I missed the finished bird affraid

I LOVE it, - and the paintwork is beautyful cheers

Thanks Susanne cheers


Quote :
Nice bird!!

Thanks Andreas cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21487

PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:39 am

Schleichgirl wrote:
Schleichgirl wrote:
My dad has very kindly offered to buy me some wire tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
But I have no clue how to use it to get the right shape that I want for my bird. Does anybody know any good tutorials for this? I want to draw how the wire skeleton will look before I get started. I will definitely try painting it one colour this time before the actual coat. cheers Thanks for your help cheers  Oh! and also should it be tough wire or soft bendy wire??? bounce
Bother Mad Nobody is able to help me with the wire! I am going this morning and I don't have a clue what to get, I will have to make a guess scratch

Emma, I am sure that there is someone able to help you with the wire, we have often between 30 and 60 topics active in a single day, so probably none of our sculptors saw your request. :)
I know it is a little late but try to see this topic and if you don't find the answer ther, check carefully our Tutorials section. study Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile MY collection of FOXES! Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   

Back to top Go down
 
Modeling New Zealand birds
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» shape 880, Air New Zealand Butter dish
» Sonnet Made in New Zealand by Crown Lynn
» Teratorns - the monster birds
» Young Scrap Birds FIRST Cybercrop!!
» CL Plate Royal New Zealand Air Force

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs - Homemade models - Non toy animal replicas :: Homemade models-
Jump to: