Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Modeling New Zealand birds

Go down 
+3
MiniZoo
JonasV
ulinuk
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MiniZoo

MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

Modeling New Zealand birds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   Modeling New Zealand birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:27 pm

Congratulations on finishing your first model! With the painting try undercoating the whole model with a single colour (usually black for me) first before adding your colours. Then you don't need to go back and 'fill in' little gaps so much. I look forward to seeing your next model Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   Modeling New Zealand birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 4:09 pm

MiniZoo wrote:
Congratulations on finishing your first model! With the painting try undercoating the whole model with a single colour (usually black for me) first before adding your colours. Then you don't need to go back and 'fill in' little gaps so much. I look forward to seeing your next model Very Happy

Laughing I always use white for a basecoat.  But that's because my primer and gesso are white and I tend to use mainly pastels with acrylics for details.

PostSubject: Update   Modeling New Zealand birds - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 2:10 am

My dad has very kindly offered to buy me some wire tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
But I have no clue how to use it to get the right shape that I want for my bird. Does anybody know any good tutorials for this? I want to draw how the wire skeleton will look before I get started. I will definitely try painting it one colour this time before the actual coat. cheers Thanks for your help cheers  Oh! and also should it be tough wire or soft bendy wire??? bounce
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   Modeling New Zealand birds - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 8:28 am

Nice bird!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   Modeling New Zealand birds - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 4:35 pm

I'm excited to see what kind of birds you will make when you get the wire! = D I cant help but somebody else might can Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   Modeling New Zealand birds - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 4:47 pm

Ohhh! I missed the finished bird affraid

I LOVE it, - and the paintwork is beautyful cheers

PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   Modeling New Zealand birds - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 9:06 pm

Schleichgirl wrote:
My dad has very kindly offered to buy me some wire tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
But I have no clue how to use it to get the right shape that I want for my bird. Does anybody know any good tutorials for this? I want to draw how the wire skeleton will look before I get started. I will definitely try painting it one colour this time before the actual coat. cheers Thanks for your help cheers  Oh! and also should it be tough wire or soft bendy wire??? bounce
Bother Mad Nobody is able to help me with the wire! I am going this morning and I don't have a clue what to get, I will have to make a guess scratch
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   Modeling New Zealand birds - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 9:18 pm

I will be very interested to hear what you find out Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   Modeling New Zealand birds - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 9:27 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Ohhh! I missed the finished bird affraid

I LOVE it, - and the paintwork is beautyful cheers

Thanks Susanne cheers

Quote :
Nice bird!!

Thanks Andreas cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   Modeling New Zealand birds - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 1:39 am

Schleichgirl wrote:
Schleichgirl wrote:
Bother Mad Nobody is able to help me with the wire! I am going this morning and I don't have a clue what to get, I will have to make a guess scratch

Emma, I am sure that there is someone able to help you with the wire, we have often between 30 and 60 topics active in a single day, so probably none of our sculptors saw your request. :)
I know it is a little late but try to see this topic and if you don't find the answer ther, check carefully our Tutorials section. study Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Modeling New Zealand birds   Modeling New Zealand birds - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Modeling New Zealand birds
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2