Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not quite a model...

Go down 
+12
Shanti
sadie3112
Kikimalou
Ana
Zelvik
NandO
JonasV
LeeAnn
Fisva
widukind
SUSANNE
Wilorvise
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

Not quite a model...  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 5:54 pm

Wilorvise wrote:
Jonas you're always so very supportive.

Are you trying to wear me down on the international shipping? Wink lol!

lol! lol! lol! No I'm not trying that Laughing
I just like to see people doing what they like to do. Your work is just somehow so cute Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 11:08 pm

Great horse head and I keep finding your tapir a figure with a lot of character. Chap Mei won't be able of doing it better. Very Happy
I really love it! Very Happy

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 12:33 am

Aww, thanks Roger, Anna, Agata. flower sunny

(I'm teasing Jonas.)

It's about 1 3/8 inches high x 2 inches long x 1/2 inch wide.  Or about... 3.5 cm high x 5 cm long x 1.3 cm wide

Just for the record though, I'm done with horses after this random challenge to myself. I also have a newfound appreciation for those who sculpt beautiful horses. Still not going to collect them though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Wilorvise on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 12:43 am

They are so cute!!! You have been very busy Very Happy cheers It is awesome to see how your work progresses Very Happy sunny cheers
And your horse can stand up! cheers cheers cheers
Mine wouldn't Mad
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 12:46 am

Alas, I was going for menacing. Kidding.

I admit it, I took metal from some twisty ties from the grocers I had on hand and used that for the legs. Otherwise wouldn't work well with toothpicks with that pose and scale or lack thereof.

I bet you'd make an adorable lying down horse if you don't find your own work around for the standing up part. I was tempted to use metal paperclips but they seem to have disappeared from the house.

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 4:00 pm

Haha aww =D You keep posting cute animals that you made Very Happy This one is so adorable that I could eat it cherry Laughing

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sadie3112

sadie3112

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:13 pm

I really like this model! It's like a chubby pony Very Happy And look how much you have improved in a short space of time too cheers

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 8:55 pm

Thanks Abby.

And now, I'm quite proud to tell you I am finished with the regular Sculpey and have no plans to get more. It's quite irritating to work with. Gummy. blah.

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 9:57 pm

I wish I had so much energy like you seem to have... Like a new model everyday Very Happy
Another lovely there ü

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 4:21 pm

Thanks Jonas, though I was just trying to use up the rest of the clay since it's location was bothering the lady of the house. :) I just need to touch up the horse head and bake it and I'll be all done!

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 6:14 pm

Wilorvise wrote:
Thanks Jonas, though I was just trying to use up the rest of the clay since it's location was bothering the lady of the house. :) I just need to touch up the horse head and bake it and I'll be all done!

When I have some clay to be used fast I always make tiny, silly faces of it, which I send for those poor ones who've decide to buy a custom from me Laughing
Yay! Hope you'll share photos of her then Wink

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 6:27 pm

An unfortunate incident may have caused the head to ... break apart. I'm going to try to remake and hope it doesn't look like a monster the second time round.

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Wilorvise wrote:
An unfortunate incident may have caused the head to ... break apart. I'm going to try to remake and hope it doesn't look like a monster the second time round.

Damn! silent pale That must be annoying... Best of luck trying to fix it Wink

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 1:40 am

Your works are lovely, I think you need to be only more faithful! Very Happy
Keep the good job, Laura! flower

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 5:28 pm

Bah humbug. Anyhow, I think that I'm done. Just need to let it sit and look over once more before baking it a little later.

Any horribly awful things that won't take too much time/effort to change? (too much more time on this will make me throw into the trash in frustration. This is the remake after I accidentally broke the first one in several places while trying to fix it up a little.

left face:

right face:

back:

front: (sorry its so blurry - camera didn't want to focus):

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 7:05 pm

This is looking better than the last one Wink cheers Look how happy she is Very Happy
I can't really give any help bcos I don't know how this kind of clay reacts to different things.. I use brush and scrape down the areas that I wanna be smoother. Can you try that?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 11:36 pm

Morgan? Laughing Charming! Very Happy

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 12:58 am

Okay, so I am now officially banned by all family members over the age of 4 from making any more horses for a long while... apparently I get really grouchy and nitpicky. So I give you the final iteration of the horse head. I am done. Fini. It's still not right, but I'm not going to keep driving myself crazy. Also ended up somehow picking up random fibers.

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 6:52 am

Great! cheers cheers So much better Very Happy I see you really know what does a horse head look. For example in the front photo she/he's is very nice sunny

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 7:16 am

I love the fox Laura Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 1:57 pm

jonesee wrote:
Great! cheers cheers So much better Very Happy I see you really know what does a horse head look. For example in the front photo she/he's is very nice sunny

Thanks Jonas. We went out to visit a farm briefly and my son got to sit on a horse. (I got lost to the church bonfire gathering, and they'd put the horse away already, but a beautiful young lady heard that my son was disappointed that he wasn't able to ride a horse, and got him back out so my son could at least sit on him... and feed him some hay.) Beautiful creature he was. I had to harden my resolve not to get into collecting horses. Now I just want a real horse for Christmas. Very Happy

Kikimalou wrote:
I love the fox Laura Very Happy

Thank you, Christophe.

I may try painting the horse head and fox, but I'm not certain I'm quite that brave.

update:
Well, the cat and peacock have gone to home that has promised pictures when they get around to painting them. The wombat arrived safely at its destination. The one somewhat resembling a pony has found a new home. And the rest have been claimed by my son.

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 5:50 pm

Wilorvise wrote:

jonesee wrote:

Thanks Jonas. We went out to visit a farm briefly and my son got to sit on a horse. (I got lost to the church bonfire gathering, and they'd put the horse away already, but a beautiful young lady heard that my son was disappointed that he wasn't able to ride a horse, and got him back out so my son could at least sit on him... and feed him some hay.) Beautiful creature he was. I had to harden my resolve not to get into collecting horses. Now I just want a real horse for Christmas. Very Happy  

[

Aw how nice! Now I remember my very first time on horse back... Just a small shetlander and I felt like I'm the best rider in this world Very Happy
I know when you see a gerbil on a video you immediately wanna have a couple! Haha I'd not mind getting a pony for xmas either... lol!

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 4:27 pm

So I got the cheapest acrylics I could... I should've just paid 50-cents a bottle instead... the white and brown were dried out... oh well... Yeah, I'm not sure I'm really a painter...

Here ya go...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 1:27 am

Oh, your cutie got lost! Sleep Is it for me? Wink

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 3:12 am

Maybe... depends on if I decide I'm brave enough to try shipping international...

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Not quite a model...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next