Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap

Go down 
+23
christinavanderschouw
Kikimalou
Dum_my
Kat26
Dutch Bear
Regy
Tiermann
Fisva
SpiralStrix
Roger
A-J
persefone
Pluisje1998
Elros Alvar
Wilorvise
ulinuk
Deseo
Ana
JonasV
NightLioness
SUSANNE
Damon
LeeAnn
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap Empty
PostSubject: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:49 pm

sunny  flower Welcome to the first STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!  flower  sunny

pig  cat  rabbit  monkey  rendeer  elephant  albino pig  cat  rabbit  monkey  rendeer  elephant  albino pig  cat  rabbit  monkey  rendeer  elephant  albino pig  cat  rabbit  monkey  rendeer  elephant  albino pig  cat  rabbit  monkey  rendeer  elephant

This is a new, special event we’re introducing here at STS. What is it and how does it work?
You will fill out the following form about yourself and your likes and preferences, and send it in to me. You will receive someone else’s form in return, in which you will repaint and/or customize an animal figure for that person. You will also receive an animal figure in return from another STS member.  cheers

The person you are painting an animal for is not painting an animal for you. In other words, you will receive an animal from a different person than you are painting for. If you have any questions for the person you are painting for, they will need to be sent to me so the surprise is not ruined.

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven There is no experience necessary to participate in this swap. If this is your first repaint or your hundredth, we encourage you to participate! The whole point of this swap is to have fun, it doesn’t matter if you’re good or not!  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven

Very Happy Please note, there is no monetary limit or required amount, so please don’t send more than you can afford. There is no need to feel like you need to keep up with everyone else, this is for fun!!  Very Happy

Be aware that with any event there is the possibility of someone not coming through on their end of the deal. We hope that everyone here is honest and will follow through with the swap, but in the worst case I will try my best to pair you up with someone else so you do get a repainted animal in return. Members who do not follow through will not be allowed to participate in further programs or events and will be reported to the STS moderation team.

If you have never sent an international package before, I encourage you to give it a try. It’s very simple to do and if you need help the post office will be able to help you. You might have to fill out a little form but that’s all.

Before sending in your form, please make sure to read through this post and if you have any questions PM me or post in this thread. Someone else may have the same question as you do!

Guidelines:
• Must have active STS membership for at least 30 days
• Must have at least 10 posts AND have at least 3 posts within the past 30 days prior to this post
• Have fun and be creative!
• Any brand or “unknown brand” animal may be used for the swap, but please use only figures in the standard “major brand” scale. No super tiny or very large animals allowed, but if you would like to do a super tiny or super large animal in addition to the regular swap animal, feel free to do so!
• Any customization is allowed, just please keep it appropriate. The idea is to be creative!
• If you are under 18, please ask your parents for permission to participate in the swap. Your parents might not like it if you go out sharing your home address with strangers online. flower

You may start sending in your forms by PM. You have until September 30, 2014 (your time) to send in your form. No exceptions!
Partners will be assigned hopefully the week of October 1st, 2014. I work a busy schedule so please be patient and bear with me!

The deadline to mail your package is December 1st!

Please title your PM to me, “STS Customized Animal Swap.”
Your Name:
STS Username:
Mailing Address:
Current e-mail address:
Please choose - domestic or international shipping:
Are you going to do an unrealisticly colored animal or realistic?:
Do you prefer to receive an unrealisticly colored animal, realistic, or no preference?:
What is your favorite animal? Or no preference?:
What is your favorite major brand? Or no preference?:
Favorite color?:
Anything else you want your partner to know?:

Have fun and I can’t wait to see all the talent STSrs have! If you wish, you are encouraged to post progress pictures of your repainted animal in this thread. Just don’t reveal your partner’s name! We don’t want to ruin the surprise. Wink

Once boxes start getting sent out, we will have a “STS Swap Thank-You Thread” in the customs additions forum, so please let us know in this thread when your parcel is shipped!

Last edited by LeeAnn on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Damon

Damon

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 1:02 am

Yes yes!! That's awesome.

I sent you my message, can't wait!
I know some people here enjoy my work and I can't wait to have something from someone else

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 6:01 am

I'm going to give it a go, even if I've never even done a repaint before bounce Very Happy 
This is going to be heaps of fun!

cheers cheers

Do we include the return address when we send them in? Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 8:27 am

GASP !What a Face Perhaps I should try to but som paint Rolling Eyes Laughing
Great initiative, LeeAnn Applause

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 10:14 am

Yay! I will fill in the form asap! Very Happy Once again, great idea for this forum LeeAnn Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 1:35 pm

Schleichgirl wrote:
I'm going to give it a go, even if I've never even done a repaint before bounce Very Happy 
This is going to be heaps of fun!

cheers cheers

Do we include the return address when we send them in? Wink

Glad you're excited! Yes, the return address should be on the box just incase something goes wrong and it needs to be returned to you. Very Happy Here in the US they have us fill out a little form, and everything you need to include is there.

SUSANNE wrote:
GASP !What a Face  Perhaps I should try to but som paint Rolling Eyes Laughing
Great initiative, LeeAnn Applause

Yes! Buy some paint! bounce Laughing

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 1:36 pm

Current list so far:

Damon93
sortepletter
Ana
NightLioness
christinavanderschouw

Please note you won't receive a reply to your form until you get your partner's information. So don't panic if you don't hear back from me right away!

Also, if you don't see someone's name here that you want to participate, feel free to encourage them. Wink

Last edited by Animal_Figures_4U on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 1:47 pm

I just can't wait to start  with this! So exciting to do a cutom for someone who doesn't know Very Happy And then show some progress photos and everyone are guessing xD Thank you, LeeAnn for your work! sunny

Edit: Message sent Wink

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by jonesee on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 1:54 pm

Updated list:

Damon93
sortepletter
Ana
NightLioness
christinavanderschouw
A-J
jonessee

Last edited by Animal_Figures_4U on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 4:19 pm

I would like to invite friend but he didn't write anything on forum during last 30 days (he is member here since a couple of months). But I write to him often via Facebook and he makes a lot of nice customs, can I invite him to this game?

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 4:25 pm

Anna, if he has at least 10 posts prior to this thread I think it's fair to invite him. Very Happy

Deseo

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 4:47 pm

Ooh, what a lovely idea. I'm definitely in. This is so exciting cheers cheers drunken drunken bounce bounce bounce bounce

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 4:53 pm

Damon93
sortepletter
Ana
NightLioness
christinavanderschouw
A-J
jonessee
Deseo

Last edited by Animal_Figures_4U on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ulinuk

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:02 pm

I will send PM when I will be at hone. Now I am on trip! So dont forget on me!

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:15 pm

Awesome so many are interested to be in this cheers cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:24 pm

ulinuk wrote:
I will send PM when I will be at hone. Now I am on trip! So dont forget on me!

That's okay! You have until September 30th to send in your form. Wink

Damon

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:59 pm

Oh really I can't wait, can't wait !! Excuse me for being excited.bounce bounce bounce

I hope this will work out fine! I knew some kids (years 11-13) who wanted to do a swap, but lots of people sent something but never got anything back. Hope that won't happen !!

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 6:14 pm

I'm glad you're excited!

The reason I have the requirements for number of posts, et cetera is so that doesn't happen. sunny

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 6:48 pm

So, out of curiosity, if one WAS to ship international for the first time, what usually is the best way of "declaring items" on the customs forms?

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 7:30 pm

In this case you can mark it as a gift, as it is technically a gift. Wink

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 10:31 pm

Pretty Awesome!!! *-* Cool I just send a PM^^ cheers cheers cheers sunny drunken

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:18 pm

What are you going to do if an uneven number of people end up doing it? bounce
Back to top Go down
Pluisje1998

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:31 pm

I have filled in the form too, I can't wait to start bounce
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:56 pm

Schleichgirl wrote:
What are you going to do if an uneven number of people end up doing it? bounce

I think if I understand it correctly,

Say there's five people
A, B, C, D, and E

it could go this way

A -> B
B -> C
C -> D
D -> E
E ->A

Or
A -> C
B -> D
C -> E
D -> A
E -> B

or so on and so forth, it could be more random when you account for other combinations and permutations . Since it's not really a pair where A sends to B and B sends back to A, the evens/odds becomes a moot point... Right?

And you wondered if Statistics and Probability had real-life applications Wink

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 12:01 am

Thanks Laura cheers cheers cheers
I am really not a maths person Embarassed Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap   First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap Empty

Back to top Go down

First STS Customized Animal Figure Swap
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next