Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set

Go down 
+8
Ana
JonasV
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
weaselfan93
12 posters
AuthorMessage
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set Empty
PostSubject: Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set   Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 11:39 pm

here are 2 very lucky ebay finds. both are very elusive models released in the 1990's. first is the creepy but realistic giant flea. its one of the hardest to find models in the Smithsonian collection and I believe it was only available for one year.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
and here is a new in box complete set of all seven Rainforest frogs from the Baltimore Aquarium series by Safari. they are life size frogs and very comparable to the well known Tennessee Aquarium Salamanders. this is a real treasure to me. Sadly most of the frogs are not marked with their name so I am unsure of many of their species.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I hope you will enjoy them. Very Happy

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set   Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 11:48 pm

Holy, howling, hopping, HAMSTER affraid affraid

Lance, those are  the most fantastic pieces I have seen for ages bounce Applause cheers

WOW!! That flea is so scary, and so beautyful Shocked
How big is it ? Big, I suppose ? What a critter !!!  Very Happy

AND the full set of frogs in box, - I can't believe it ! I have never seen those before, - CONGRATULATIONS, COLGRATULATIONS Applause Applause cheers sunny flower

weaselfan93

weaselfan93

PostSubject: safari ltd   Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 11:51 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Holy, howling, hopping, HAMSTER affraid affraid

Lance, those are  the most fantastic pieces I have seen for ages bounce Applause cheers

WOW!! That flea is so scary, and so beautyful Shocked
How big is it ? Big, I suppose ? What a critter !!!  Very Happy

AND the full set of frogs in box, - I can't believe it ! I have never seen those before, - CONGRATULATIONS, COLGRATULATIONS Applause Applause cheers sunny flower

thanks so much Susanne. yes I was really lucky. the seller sold me the frogs set for $25 USD total. what a bargain Shocked and the flea is very big. its one of the largest in the series.

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set   Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 11:57 pm

WOW! Amazing find! Huge congrats! cheers cheers

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set   Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 1:02 am

Congratulations Lance! Those are figures of museum quality from two different but of high intererst collections. Very Happy
Although theorically I don't collect them, I am sure I wouldn't mind to have them, mainly lifelsized frogs, I love figures in 1:1 scale. Very Happy
Aren't frogs marked in their box? It seems they are identifyed on catalogues. study

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set   Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 3:24 am

Big congrats, great new additions. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set   Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 5:28 am

Big congratulations for this rareties Lance !! I am not sure but i think i saw this flea on ebay, right?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set   Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 3:21 pm

Congratulations on getting those very rare pieces! The first one is creepy indeed Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set   Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 3:24 pm

Great finds! These frogs are just wonderful! Congratulations Lance! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set   Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 5:15 pm

Beautiful flea....Applause .Very hard to get.

weaselfan93

weaselfan93

PostSubject: Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set   Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 6:29 pm

thank you my friends! Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

PostSubject: safari ltd baltimore frogs auction    Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 7:16 pm

widukind wrote:
Big congratulations for this rareties Lance !! I am not sure but i think i saw this flea on ebay, right?

yes, the flea i bought on ebay. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set   Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 4:19 am

Congrats Lance!

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set   Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 5:32 am

Kudos on the frogs, but I'm not sure if saying so about the model of a blood-sucker is the appropriate thing to do. I mean, "Yay, congrats on the huge flea that recently invaded your house!" just sounds... mildly malicious...

weaselfan93

PostSubject: Safari ltd   Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 10:14 pm

Wilorvise wrote:
Kudos on the frogs, but I'm not sure if saying so about the model of a blood-sucker is the appropriate thing to do.  I mean, "Yay, congrats on the huge flea that recently invaded your house!" just sounds... mildly malicious...

Thank you, I guess I never thought about that. Laughing

Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set   Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 7:16 pm

great set! Thanks for posting.Need it. Species aren't a problem,...

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set   Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari ltd Smithsonian Flea and Complete Baltimore Frog Set
Page 1 of 1