Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo tigers and lion qustions

Go down 
+3
LukaLeon085
scot(t)
Kat26
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kat26

Kat26

Country/State : IL USA

Papo tigers and lion qustions Empty
PostSubject: Papo tigers and lion qustions   Papo tigers and lion qustions EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 5:06 am

Hi! So I just have a couple questions about a couple Papo figures. First off is the tiger nursing figure. I couldn't find any reviews so I came here Wink. Are the cubs each a separate figure or are they all connected? My other question is about the lioness with cub figure. Does the cub come out of the mouth? I have heard that it does but isn't designed to. Do you guys think it would damage the figure badly? Thanks guys! Very Happy flower
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Papo tigers and lion qustions   Papo tigers and lion qustions EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 7:17 am

I haven't any pictures at the moment but I try to reponse your questions
1.) Yes, the cubs are seperate figures, but there are a group that you can't seperate everyone single.
2.) No, the cub is solide in the mouth of the lioness

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo tigers and lion qustions   Papo tigers and lion qustions EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 9:39 pm

Unless you were a skilled sculptor and used to working with plastic, etc., removing the cub from the mouth would definitely damage the piece. It's all part of the same plastic piece; you'd have to carve it out and resculpt the mouth of the adult and the body of the cub. (it's packed away so I'm going off of memory, but I'm pretty sure they are not separate pieces glued together.)

Bryan's answers to the other questions are the same ones I'd give.
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Papo tigers and lion qustions   Papo tigers and lion qustions EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 11:54 am

Hi there!
Bryan said it right.
And if you still need it:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Papo tigers and lion qustions   Papo tigers and lion qustions EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 12:07 pm

WOW AMAZING PHOTOS drunken

arafan

PostSubject: Re: Papo tigers and lion qustions   Papo tigers and lion qustions EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 12:09 pm

Amazing walkaround Anasta! Very Happy But the paintjob is still very poor.

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Papo tigers and lion qustions   Papo tigers and lion qustions EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 12:13 pm

arafan wrote:
Thank you!
Yeas, agree by part: she is too orange and her cubs look not detailed because of paintwork. I don't understand: why, why Papo do dark BROWN stripes on tigers? But in generaly I like its paintjob, despite theses minuses, it's very accurate.
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: Papo tigers and lion qustions   Papo tigers and lion qustions EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 12:18 pm

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin wrote:
arafan wrote:
Thank you!
Yeas, agree by part: she is too orange and her cubs look not detailed because of paintwork. I don't understand: why, why Papo do dark BROWN stripes on tigers? But in generaly I like its paintjob, despite theses minuses, it's very accurate.
What I don't understand on Papo is why they are so expensive? CollectA has a better paintjob and they are cheaper  scratch
In my eyes the brown isn't bad at all, the stripes aren't completly black.

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Papo tigers and lion qustions   Papo tigers and lion qustions EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 12:26 pm

arafan wrote:
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin wrote:
arafan wrote:
Thank you!
What I don't understand on Papo is why they are so expensive? CollectA has a better paintjob and they are cheaper  scratch
In my eyes the brown isn't bad at all, the stripes aren't completly black.
CollectA is chinese brand if I right remember, life in China is cheap, especialy for us, foreigners.
They almost are, but Papo do it too light Sad
And about the prices: Schleich is one of the oldest brands, and, I think, it is reason (for Schleich) why its prices are higher and higher when its quality don't be improve (before 2015, 2015 figurines are very nice, I think). Maybe we pay just for country of brand...
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: Papo tigers and lion qustions   Papo tigers and lion qustions EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 12:36 pm

Isn't CollectA a British brand? Schleich can have these prices, because so many people buy figures of them and they are in almost every toystore, if they wouldn't they wouldn't have any chance.

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Papo tigers and lion qustions   Papo tigers and lion qustions EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 12:48 pm

arafan wrote:
Isn't CollectA a British brand? Schleich can have these prices, because so many people buy figures of them and they are in almost every toystore, if they wouldn't they wouldn't have any chance.
I thought so but after I heard somewhere that it is chinese scratch
Yeah, popularity affects to price too.
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Papo tigers and lion qustions   Papo tigers and lion qustions EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 12:57 pm

arafan wrote:
You're right! Collecta is really british brand. Why did I think otherwise? Where did I read that it is chinese? scratch Kill me please XD
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo tigers and lion qustions   Papo tigers and lion qustions EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:46 pm

arafan wrote:
Isn't CollectA a British brand?

I think it is based in HONG KONG scratch

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Papo tigers and lion qustions   Papo tigers and lion qustions EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:56 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
arafan wrote:
Isn't CollectA a British brand?

I think it is based in HONG KONG scratch
I'm confused. On russian sites wrote that is British company. So maybe it is Britains based company in Hong Kong? Or I don't understand again? scratch
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: Papo tigers and lion qustions   Papo tigers and lion qustions EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:00 pm

I don't know, once I recived a package from then from the UK, but I think it's the same like Mojo?

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Papo tigers and lion qustions   Papo tigers and lion qustions EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:06 pm

arafan wrote:
I don't know, once I recived a package from then from the UK, but I think it's the same like Mojo?
I'm fully confused confused
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo tigers and lion qustions   Papo tigers and lion qustions EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 6:58 pm

Both CollectA and Mojö were created as British brands but their facilities are in Hong Kong. I believe Mojo keeps their British "branch" while CollectA not.
We can find "Designed in U.K." in more recent Mojo figures. Also, manager/sculptor, photographer are English, besides the Polish and Chinese sculptors too.
The extension of their websites is also an indicator. Mojo uses .eu - domain available for organizations resident in Europe or in European hands.
CollectA uses .biz - a generic designation to business without a geographic assignment.
We can also remember that CollectA was originally a trademark owned by Procon (Asia)
I conclude that CollectA is a Hong Kong company. Very Happy

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Papo tigers and lion qustions   Papo tigers and lion qustions EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 7:01 pm

Roger wrote:
Both CollectA and Mojö were created as British brands but their facilities are in Hong Kong. I believe Mojo keeps their British "branch" while CollectA not.
We can find "Designed in U.K." in more recent Mojo figures. Also, manager/sculptor, photographer are English, besides the Polish and Chinese sculptors too.
The extension of their websites is also an indicator. Mojo uses .eu - domain available for organizations resident in Europe or in European hands.
CollectA uses .biz - a generic designation to business without a geographic assignment.
We can also remember that CollectA was originally a trademark owned by Procon (Asia)
I conclude that CollectA is a Hong Kong company. Very Happy
Thank you, Roger! You always help us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo tigers and lion qustions   Papo tigers and lion qustions Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo tigers and lion qustions
Page 1 of 1