Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 
 

 Kosta`s animals statues.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
costicuba



Country/State : Bulgaria
Age : 35
Joined : 2014-06-14
Posts : 2028

PostSubject: Kosta`s animals statues.   Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Hi guys,
on this topic, I want to share with you my animals statues.
They are made from diferent material, like :
bronze, resin, wood, stone, porcelain, plastic...

So, first, I`ll start with my last treasure :)
The beautiful statue of horse, made from plastic and wooden base.
The size in centimeters :
Height 35 cm and width 42 cm.
It`s an old statue..maibe from 1970s
And i`m 90% shure that is by: Leonardo Collection.
So here he is:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And here is compared with my Breyer horses: the``Totilas KWPN stallion`` and the retired ``Proud arabian mare``
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That`s my beauty Wink
Back to top Go down
widukind



Country/State : Germany
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 23628

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:53 pm

Very nice!!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana



Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 29
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9261

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:57 pm

Very beautiful horses! The new one is amazing and also really big! I think that's great Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

_________________
Anna
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20252

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:47 pm

That horse is really beautiful! Very Happy Are these Breyer traditional or classic scale? Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28260

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:25 pm

Ohhh! Your new horse is gorgeous I love you drunken
A fantastic find Applause

And you got "Totilas" , - I know you wanted him very much ! He is SO beautyful too cheers

The mare is awesome too, - what a great little flock Very Happy Very Happy

_________________
SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
JonasV



Country/State : Finland
Age : 20
Joined : 2012-07-23
Posts : 5614

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:52 pm

What a gorgeous horse! And even that old, you've gotten a real treasure there:drunken:
Very good photo too cheers

_________________
Jonas

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
Moderator


Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 9947

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:58 pm

Congrats again! Very Happy I'm glad you got him. bounce And I love your old resist dapple grey PAM. drunken I love you

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That horse is really beautiful! Very Happy Are these Breyer traditional or classic scale? Very Happy

Costa, I hope you don't mind me answering... these are Traditionals Roger. Wink

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  LeeAnn  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  /  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  /  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20252

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:03 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Congrats again! Very Happy I'm glad you got him. bounce And I love your old resist dapple grey PAM.  drunken I love you

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That horse is really beautiful! Very Happy Are these Breyer traditional or classic scale? Very Happy

Costa, I hope you don't mind me answering...  these are Traditionals Roger. Wink

I am sure, as it is traditional on our forum, that Kosta doesn't mind. Laughing Thanks LeeAnn for replying. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba



Country/State : Bulgaria
Age : 35
Joined : 2014-06-14
Posts : 2028

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:34 pm

Thank you Andreas, Anna, Roger, Susanne, Jonas, LeeAnn :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ohhh! Your new horse is gorgeous I love you drunken
A fantastic find Applause

And you got "Totilas" , - I know you wanted him very much ! He is SO beautyful too cheers

The mare is awesome too, - what a great little flock Very Happy Very Happy
Yeahhh, I got this beautiful Totilas cheers
Look`s so strong and graceful .
Back to top Go down
costicuba



Country/State : Bulgaria
Age : 35
Joined : 2014-06-14
Posts : 2028

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Congrats again! Very Happy I'm glad you got him. bounce And I love your old resist dapple grey PAM.  drunken I love you

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That horse is really beautiful! Very Happy Are these Breyer traditional or classic scale? Very Happy

Costa, I hope you don't mind me answering...  these are Traditionals Roger. Wink

I am sure, as it is traditional on our forum, that Kosta doesn't mind. Laughing  Thanks LeeAnn for replying. Very Happy

Thank`s for the answer LeeAnn, of course I don`t mind :)
Actually Roger, you know what..?!?.. Laughing I know that these two horses are Traditionals...but
I feel shame, becouse I still don`t know the difference between Breyer`s Traditional & Classic ... scratch
Maby somebody can explain to me...if this is not so boring for him/her... alien
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20252

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Actually Roger, you know what..?!?.. Laughing  I know that these two horses are Traditionals...but
I feel shame, becouse I still don`t know the difference between Breyer`s Traditional & Classic ... scratch
Maby somebody can explain to me...if this is not so boring for him/her... alien

I hope LeeAnn don't mind I'm replyingto you. Laughing tongue
Traditional horses are in 1:9 scale once Classic are somewhat smaller in 1:12 scale.
I think first Breyer horse of ever was in 1:9 scale and that's the reason why it is called traditional. 1:12 scale is a very popular one, many brands of horses, dollhouses and several other miniatures are and were historically made in that scale, thus it is called Classic. Very Happy
As you surely know, 1:9 means that it is 9 times less than the dimensions of the real thing while 1:12 is 12 times less. study

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba



Country/State : Bulgaria
Age : 35
Joined : 2014-06-14
Posts : 2028

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:48 pm

Becouse I start with horse (my newest statue), so I`ll continue with the next horse : My oldest statue.
It`s not looking so impressive, but it`s very special to me.
This horse comes from Mongolia and I have it from more then 25 years.
It`s a gift from my grandmother (god bless her).
When I was a little child, my grandmother, together with my grandfather, worked in Mongoliq for 2 years. A very interesting job.... They were cleaning gold. When the gold mining is done,
after that, people like my grand parents, clean the gold, from stones and other stuffs.
And around them, other people with guns, observed..that nobody from workers, can steal a gold.
So, it`s also a bit a dangerous job :)

Here is my Mongolian horse, made from porcelain :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]




_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] KOSTA [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba



Country/State : Bulgaria
Age : 35
Joined : 2014-06-14
Posts : 2028

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Actually Roger, you know what..?!?.. Laughing  I know that these two horses are Traditionals...but
I feel shame, becouse I still don`t know the difference between Breyer`s Traditional & Classic ... scratch
Maby somebody can explain to me...if this is not so boring for him/her... alien

I hope LeeAnn don't mind I'm replyingto you. Laughing tongue
Traditional horses are in 1:9 scale once Classic are somewhat smaller in 1:12 scale.
I think first Breyer horse of ever was in 1:9 scale and that's the reason why it is called traditional. 1:12 scale is a very popular one, many brands of horses, dollhouses and several other miniatures are and were historically made in that scale, thus it is called Classic. Very Happy
As you surely know, 1:9 means that it is 9 times less than the dimensions of the real thing while 1:12 is 12 times less. study

Thank you Roger :) So now I know cheers
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
Moderator


Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 9947

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:38 am

Great statue cheers

Laughing Roger, the funny thing is Classic scale is one of the least favored scales in the hobby, although as far as I understand it is a popular scale in the dollhouse hobby. Most people in the model horse hobby claim not to collect Classics, although Breyer is now releasing many new Classic models and trying to bring people back to their Classic line. I believe this line is suffering and is not a good seller among collectors (this is the line most children buy), so Breyer is releasing special and limited runs to appeal to the collectors. Which is nice, but I'm one that doesn't collect Classics. The few I have are Traditional ponies. Embarassed Laughing

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  LeeAnn  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  /  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  /  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28260

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:32 am

Ohhh, Kosta, that Mongolean horse is a beauty drunken
The pose and the build, - fantastic that a seemingly simple sculpt can have captured so much of the spirit if this magnificent, little horse cheers
And the colours, the tack, - what a gem Applause
And the history behind !
Imagine that people from Bulgaria went to Mongolia to clean god, in such recent times Shocked
We learn so much in this forum Applause Applause

I wished one of the brands would have the courage to make one !
It is not a flashy horse, but this hardy, ancient breed has had such a huge role in history !
Perhaps Papo could make a great one ? They have previously made unusual horses, and used to not be afraid of going for the soul of the horse more than just beauty Very Happy

_________________
SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
JonasV



Country/State : Finland
Age : 20
Joined : 2012-07-23
Posts : 5614

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:58 pm

This one is beautiful! I really like this kind of old stuff! :)
Your grandparents had an interesting job! Surprised

_________________
Jonas

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
costicuba



Country/State : Bulgaria
Age : 35
Joined : 2014-06-14
Posts : 2028

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ohhh, Kosta, that Mongolean horse is a beauty drunken
The pose and the build, - fantastic that a seemingly simple sculpt can have captured so much of the spirit if this magnificent, little horse cheers
And the colours, the tack, - what a gem Applause
And the history behind !
Imagine that people from Bulgaria went to Mongolia to clean god, in such recent times  Shocked
We learn so much in this forum  Applause  Applause

I wished one of the brands would have the courage to make one !
It is not a flashy horse, but this hardy, ancient breed has had such a huge role in history !
Perhaps Papo could make a great one ? They have previously made unusual horses, and used to not be afraid of going for the soul of the horse more than just beauty Very Happy

Thank you Susanne, I`m happy that you like the horse and the history behind :)
This what I know, is that the wild horses in Mongolia are the ``Przewalski's Horse`` and
two Major brands allready have this horse as a model : Schleich & CollectA :)
The horse is very interesting looking :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And some photos of Mongolian horses and soldiers:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The history of Mongolia is very interesting....We all know about Cengiz Han :)
Other interesting thing:
Some historians believes that the history of my country- Bulgaria.. starting from Mongolia
And maby it`s true....
The first people who have come in our land and established Bulgaria, they looks like this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

:)

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] KOSTA [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba



Country/State : Bulgaria
Age : 35
Joined : 2014-06-14
Posts : 2028

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:23 pm

Thank you Jonas Wink

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] KOSTA [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20252

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ohhh, Kosta, that Mongolean horse is a beauty drunken
The pose and the build, - fantastic that a seemingly simple sculpt can have captured so much of the spirit if this magnificent, little horse cheers
And the colours, the tack, - what a gem Applause
And the history behind !
Imagine that people from Bulgaria went to Mongolia to clean god, in such recent times  Shocked
We learn so much in this forum  Applause  Applause

I wished one of the brands would have the courage to make one !
It is not a flashy horse, but this hardy, ancient breed has had such a huge role in history !
Perhaps Papo could make a great one ? They have previously made unusual horses, and used to not be afraid of going for the soul of the horse more than just beauty Very Happy

Thank you Susanne, I`m happy that you like the horse and the history behind :)
This what I know, is that the wild horses in Mongolia are the ``Przewalski's Horse`` and
two Major brands allready have this horse as a model : Schleich & CollectA :)
The horse is very interesting looking :


Przewalski horses and Mongolian horses are distinct animals. Przerwalski's are wild horses that are not related with domesticated ones while Mongolian is a native breed of Mongolia, of course they can breed and they share the same region, that's probably the reason why they turned so similar to adapt to a region with such characteristics. Very Happy
I agree with almost everything Susanne's comment making it mine comment too. Except when she says that "Imagine that people from Bulgaria went to Mongolia to clean god, in such recent times ", this is fundamentalism! Laughing flower
Your figure is very simple but gets the spirit of the breed once they are often feral, it is actually identifiable as a Mongolian horse. I believe also you're showing pictures of both horses. Very Happy
Please check [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], it is interesting. study

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba



Country/State : Bulgaria
Age : 35
Joined : 2014-06-14
Posts : 2028

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:12 am

Yes Roger, you are right.
Of course the Mongolian and the Przewalski`s  horse are distinct animals.
And I showed pictures of both horses.
I didn`t write correct my point... Susanne wrote that will be nice, one of the brands to make
a Mongolian horse.... and I wanted to say, that we have Mongolian ..but the wild one- from Schleich & CollectA:
the Przewalski`s  horse. :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20252

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:39 am

Kosta, it seems I misunderstood your comment. however, I support Susanne's idea of a Mongolian horse, preferrably the desert type.

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Great statue cheers

Laughing Roger, the funny thing is Classic scale is one of the least favored scales in the hobby, although as far as I understand it is a popular scale in the dollhouse hobby. Most people in the model horse hobby claim not to collect Classics, although Breyer is now releasing many new Classic models and trying to bring people back to their Classic line. I believe this line is suffering and is not a good seller among collectors (this is the line most children buy), so Breyer is releasing special and limited runs to appeal to the collectors. Which is nice, but I'm one that doesn't collect Classics. The few I have are Traditional ponies. Embarassed Laughing

I didn't know that about Breyer. I think the majority of large horses from other brands are in 1:12 scale, you can even find them in major brands like CollectA Deluxe or Safari Blue Ribbons. Now I don't understand why so many brands make them in that scale if Breyer shows that they are not popular? Have you noticed that Safari is making a puma in 1:9 scale? the same scale as Breyer puma? Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba



Country/State : Bulgaria
Age : 35
Joined : 2014-06-14
Posts : 2028

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:51 am

My next statue for you guys, is this soo cute Hippopotamus,
by Leonardo Collection...made from resin.
It is new for me..and I love it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] KOSTA [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
Moderator


Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 9947

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:55 am

Very cute, congrats! Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  LeeAnn  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  /  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  /  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20252

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:25 am

That's really cute! Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28260

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:13 am

The cutest hippo ever cheers

_________________
SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Today at 12:55 am

Back to top Go down
 
Kosta`s animals statues.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Kosta Boda Zoo
» Would you feel differently about classical Greek statues if you knew they were originally painted?
» deep red & clear glass vase kosta boda or??
» My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five
» The xx animals in my zoo

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs - Homemade models - Non toy animal replicas :: Non toy animal replicas-
Jump to: