Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kosta`s animals statues.

Go down 
+8
Kikimalou
NightLioness
Ana
JonasV
widukind
LeeAnn
cattlecollector
Fisva
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Kosta`s animals statues. Empty
PostSubject: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:40 pm

Hi guys,
on this topic, I want to share with you my animals statues.
They are made from diferent material, like :
bronze, resin, wood, stone, porcelain, plastic...

So, first, I`ll start with my last treasure :)
The beautiful statue of horse, made from plastic and wooden base.
The size in centimeters :
Height 35 cm and width 42 cm.
It`s an old statue..maibe from 1970s
And i`m 90% shure that is by: Leonardo Collection.
So here he is:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And here is compared with my Breyer horses: the``Totilas KWPN stallion`` and the retired ``Proud arabian mare``

That`s my beauty Wink
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 12:53 am

Very nice!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 12:57 am

Very beautiful horses! The new one is amazing and also really big! I think that's great Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:47 am

That horse is really beautiful! Very Happy Are these Breyer traditional or classic scale? Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:25 am

Ohhh! Your new horse is gorgeous I love you drunken
A fantastic find Applause

And you got "Totilas" , - I know you wanted him very much ! He is SO beautyful too cheers

The mare is awesome too, - what a great little flock Very Happy Very Happy

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:52 am

What a gorgeous horse! And even that old, you've gotten a real treasure there:drunken:
Very good photo too cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:58 am

Congrats again! Very Happy I'm glad you got him. bounce And I love your old resist dapple grey PAM. drunken I love you

Roger wrote:
That horse is really beautiful! Very Happy Are these Breyer traditional or classic scale? Very Happy

Costa, I hope you don't mind me answering... these are Traditionals Roger. Wink

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:03 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Congrats again! Very Happy I'm glad you got him. bounce And I love your old resist dapple grey PAM.  drunken I love you

Roger wrote:

Costa, I hope you don't mind me answering...  these are Traditionals Roger. Wink

I am sure, as it is traditional on our forum, that Kosta doesn't mind. Laughing Thanks LeeAnn for replying. Very Happy

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 5:34 am

Thank you Andreas, Anna, Roger, Susanne, Jonas, LeeAnn :)

SUSANNE wrote:
Ohhh! Your new horse is gorgeous I love you drunken
A fantastic find Applause

And you got "Totilas" , - I know you wanted him very much ! He is SO beautyful too cheers

The mare is awesome too, - what a great little flock Very Happy Very Happy
Yeahhh, I got this beautiful Totilas cheers
Look`s so strong and graceful .
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 5:41 am

Roger wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Congrats again! Very Happy I'm glad you got him. bounce And I love your old resist dapple grey PAM.  drunken I love you

Roger wrote:

Costa, I hope you don't mind me answering...  these are Traditionals Roger. Wink

I am sure, as it is traditional on our forum, that Kosta doesn't mind. Laughing  Thanks LeeAnn for replying. Very Happy

Thank`s for the answer LeeAnn, of course I don`t mind :)
Actually Roger, you know what..?!?.. Laughing I know that these two horses are Traditionals...but
I feel shame, becouse I still don`t know the difference between Breyer`s Traditional & Classic ... scratch
Maby somebody can explain to me...if this is not so boring for him/her... alien
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 6:19 am

costicuba wrote:

Actually Roger, you know what..?!?.. Laughing  I know that these two horses are Traditionals...but
I feel shame, becouse I still don`t know the difference between Breyer`s Traditional & Classic ... scratch

I hope LeeAnn don't mind I'm replyingto you. Laughing tongue
Traditional horses are in 1:9 scale once Classic are somewhat smaller in 1:12 scale.
I think first Breyer horse of ever was in 1:9 scale and that's the reason why it is called traditional. 1:12 scale is a very popular one, many brands of horses, dollhouses and several other miniatures are and were historically made in that scale, thus it is called Classic. Very Happy
As you surely know, 1:9 means that it is 9 times less than the dimensions of the real thing while 1:12 is 12 times less. study

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 6:48 am

Becouse I start with horse (my newest statue), so I`ll continue with the next horse : My oldest statue.
It`s not looking so impressive, but it`s very special to me.
This horse comes from Mongolia and I have it from more then 25 years.
It`s a gift from my grandmother (god bless her).
When I was a little child, my grandmother, together with my grandfather, worked in Mongoliq for 2 years. A very interesting job.... They were cleaning gold. When the gold mining is done,
after that, people like my grand parents, clean the gold, from stones and other stuffs.
And around them, other people with guns, observed..that nobody from workers, can steal a gold.
So, it`s also a bit a dangerous job :)

Here is my Mongolian horse, made from porcelain :

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 6:50 am

Roger wrote:
costicuba wrote:

Actually Roger, you know what..?!?.. Laughing  I know that these two horses are Traditionals...but

I hope LeeAnn don't mind I'm replyingto you. Laughing tongue
Traditional horses are in 1:9 scale once Classic are somewhat smaller in 1:12 scale.
I think first Breyer horse of ever was in 1:9 scale and that's the reason why it is called traditional. 1:12 scale is a very popular one, many brands of horses, dollhouses and several other miniatures are and were historically made in that scale, thus it is called Classic. Very Happy
As you surely know, 1:9 means that it is 9 times less than the dimensions of the real thing while 1:12 is 12 times less. study

Thank you Roger :) So now I know cheers
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:38 am

Great statue cheers

Laughing Roger, the funny thing is Classic scale is one of the least favored scales in the hobby, although as far as I understand it is a popular scale in the dollhouse hobby. Most people in the model horse hobby claim not to collect Classics, although Breyer is now releasing many new Classic models and trying to bring people back to their Classic line. I believe this line is suffering and is not a good seller among collectors (this is the line most children buy), so Breyer is releasing special and limited runs to appeal to the collectors. Which is nice, but I'm one that doesn't collect Classics. The few I have are Traditional ponies. Embarassed Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 4:32 pm

Ohhh, Kosta, that Mongolean horse is a beauty drunken
The pose and the build, - fantastic that a seemingly simple sculpt can have captured so much of the spirit if this magnificent, little horse cheers
And the colours, the tack, - what a gem Applause
And the history behind !
Imagine that people from Bulgaria went to Mongolia to clean god, in such recent times Shocked
We learn so much in this forum Applause Applause

I wished one of the brands would have the courage to make one !
It is not a flashy horse, but this hardy, ancient breed has had such a huge role in history !
Perhaps Papo could make a great one ? They have previously made unusual horses, and used to not be afraid of going for the soul of the horse more than just beauty Very Happy

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 7:58 pm

This one is beautiful! I really like this kind of old stuff! :)
Your grandparents had an interesting job! Surprised

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 8:04 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
The pose and the build, - fantastic that a seemingly simple sculpt can have captured so much of the spirit if this magnificent, little horse cheers
And the history behind !
Imagine that people from Bulgaria went to Mongolia to clean god, in such recent times  Shocked
We learn so much in this forum  Applause  Applause

It is not a flashy horse, but this hardy, ancient breed has had such a huge role in history !
Perhaps Papo could make a great one ? They have previously made unusual horses, and used to not be afraid of going for the soul of the horse more than just beauty Very Happy

Thank you Susanne, I`m happy that you like the horse and the history behind :)
This what I know, is that the wild horses in Mongolia are the ``Przewalski's Horse`` and
two Major brands allready have this horse as a model : Schleich & CollectA :)
The horse is very interesting looking :

And some photos of Mongolian horses and soldiers:

The history of Mongolia is very interesting....We all know about Cengiz Han :)
Other interesting thing:
Some historians believes that the history of my country- Bulgaria.. starting from Mongolia
And maby it`s true....
The first people who have come in our land and established Bulgaria, they looks like this:

:)

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 10:23 pm

Thank you Jonas Wink

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 7:06 am

costicuba wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
And the history behind !
Imagine that people from Bulgaria went to Mongolia to clean god, in such recent times  Shocked
We learn so much in this forum  Applause  Applause

Thank you Susanne, I`m happy that you like the horse and the history behind :)
This what I know, is that the wild horses in Mongolia are the ``Przewalski's Horse`` and
two Major brands allready have this horse as a model : Schleich & CollectA :)
The horse is very interesting looking :

Przewalski horses and Mongolian horses are distinct animals. Przerwalski's are wild horses that are not related with domesticated ones while Mongolian is a native breed of Mongolia, of course they can breed and they share the same region, that's probably the reason why they turned so similar to adapt to a region with such characteristics. Very Happy
I agree with almost everything Susanne's comment making it mine comment too. Except when she says that "Imagine that people from Bulgaria went to Mongolia to clean god, in such recent times ", this is fundamentalism! Laughing flower
Your figure is very simple but gets the spirit of the breed once they are often feral, it is actually identifiable as a Mongolian horse. I believe also you're showing pictures of both horses. Very Happy
Please check WIKIPEDIA article, it is interesting. study

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 8:12 am

Yes Roger, you are right.
Of course the Mongolian and the Przewalski`s  horse are distinct animals.
And I showed pictures of both horses.
I didn`t write correct my point... Susanne wrote that will be nice, one of the brands to make
a Mongolian horse.... and I wanted to say, that we have Mongolian ..but the wild one- from Schleich & CollectA:
the Przewalski`s  horse. :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 8:39 am

Kosta, it seems I misunderstood your comment. however, I support Susanne's idea of a Mongolian horse, preferrably the desert type.

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Great statue cheers

Laughing Roger, the funny thing is Classic scale is one of the least favored scales in the hobby, although as far as I understand it is a popular scale in the dollhouse hobby. Most people in the model horse hobby claim not to collect Classics, although Breyer is now releasing many new Classic models and trying to bring people back to their Classic line. I believe this line is suffering and is not a good seller among collectors (this is the line most children buy), so Breyer is releasing special and limited runs to appeal to the collectors. Which is nice, but I'm one that doesn't collect Classics. The few I have are Traditional ponies. Embarassed Laughing

I didn't know that about Breyer. I think the majority of large horses from other brands are in 1:12 scale, you can even find them in major brands like CollectA Deluxe or Safari Blue Ribbons. Now I don't understand why so many brands make them in that scale if Breyer shows that they are not popular? Have you noticed that Safari is making a puma in 1:9 scale? the same scale as Breyer puma? Very Happy

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 8:51 am

My next statue for you guys, is this soo cute Hippopotamus,
by Leonardo Collection...made from resin.
It is new for me..and I love it.

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 8:55 am

Very cute, congrats! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 9:25 am

That's really cute! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 6:13 pm

The cutest hippo ever cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kosta`s animals statues.   Kosta`s animals statues. Empty

Back to top Go down

Kosta`s animals statues.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next