Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!

Go down 
+16
Grippen
HKHollinstone
Fisva
Kristie
scot(t)
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
NightLioness
SUSANNE
Ana
LeeAnn
sadie3112
widukind
costicuba
JonasV
Roger
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! Empty
PostSubject: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 1:21 am

STS is a place full of artists and generous people. I am just the Happy One Wink ... we know also that our Bulgarian friend, can make miracles repainting some figures of felines. cheers
Yes, all joined and I received this tremendous surprise gift from Kosta. The Mojo Iberian lynx repainted by Kostadin. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
What I can say? It is just superb, perfect and I am very happy...
you also know my pictures won't ever give justice to it but I really wanted to share my joy and say to all how thankful I am... HUGE THANKS KOSTA! cheers cheers
That's the animal of my region, tomorrow I'll show, if possible, some comparison pictures with regular version and with another custom. bounce

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 1:53 am

What a wonderful, perfectly painted outstanding figurine! How awesome you're one of those lucky ones who've won in the lottery winning these gorgeous modles from Bulgaria!
This one is just so good there's nothing you can say but I love your work, Kosta!
Roger, was it you who said "I can't photograph" and "my photos are horrible"... No it must have been somebody else...
Congrats friend Very Happy Stunning outdoor photo as well!!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 3:23 am

Thank you so much Roger...for this so generous words..
I`m very happy, that I managed to reproduce the Iberian Lynx, using this very nice looking Mojo model..
and of course with your huge help.. first with your proposal - to repaint this model in a Iberian way...
and then , with your detailed, clearly and accurately explanation for all characteristics of this beutiful, portuguese cat.
And WOWWW... these photos... You told me, that you are not good with photos...
but OMG... I love them !!!
Especially the outdoor photos...  affraid ..like this , the Lynx look`s alive  cheers
I think, now it`s time to change my avatar...and I have to ask you for permission, to use one of your photos :)))

jonesee wrote:
What a wonderful, perfectly painted outstanding figurine! How awesome you're one of those lucky ones who've won in the lottery winning these gorgeous modles from Bulgaria!
This one is just so good there's nothing you can say but I love your work, Kosta!
Roger, was it you who said "I can't photograph" and "my photos are horrible"... No it must have been somebody else...
Congrats friend Very Happy Stunning outdoor photo as well!!
Thank you very much Jonas monkey  I realy appreciate your words..and I feel, that you are honest :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 9:01 am

A beautieful figurine!!  Big congratulations Roger and a hurray for Kosta:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sadie3112

sadie3112

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 10:38 am

Congratulations Roger, and you've photographed him very well, I love the outside pictures Very Happy Also well done to Kosta who painted such a beautiful figure Applause

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 2:32 pm

WOW, once again! Shocked I'm running out of adjectives, excellent work Kosta! And huge congrats to Roger!

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 2:50 pm

Very very beautiful repaint, amazing gift!!! Wonderful!!! sunny
Congratulations Roger and hurray for Kosta!!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 4:52 pm

WOW, oh, WOW affraid
Another magnificent model from Kosta  cheers
It is stunning ! Awesome ! Gorgeous ! Perfect !  bounce  Applause
I almost said . Of course  Laughing

And not only is this model a very special Kosta-repaint, it is also a very special model which went to a very special person drunken

For those who do not know the story behind the model, I'll try to be brief, even if it is difficult. Embarassed

The Iberian Lynx is THE most endangered cat at all.
In spite of an enormous effort to save it, the population barely hangs on with the tip of the claws, - in 2005, the population was down to app 100 .
Thus, this may well be the first wild cat to become extinct since the last Smilodon died 10.000 years ago Sad

But there is still a small hope.
The experts are working hard to save it, but the public must also be aware !
A few people are not only aware, - some DO something, - people like Roger cheers
When the first Mojo models appeared in 2011, Roger contacted James Conolly, asking him to make an Iberian lynx !!!
And James agreed Very Happy

A small STS-team was created, and the result is the model we know  Wink
But James took it even further, using two pages in the 2012-catalogue, and giving a sum of money to the ICNB for each model sold :

And now Kosta has made this wonderful, beautyful re-paint  cheers

For Roger  cheers  Applause

I am SO happy, - now there is one more Iberian lynx in Portugal, - and she lives in Roger's house  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 5:16 pm

Thank you so much Andreas, Abby , LeeAnn, Anna :)
And dear Susanne :)))
Thank you for all you wrote. It`s very good and important for all of us , to know this.
I realy hope ,that the  population of Iberian lynx will survive.
This cat is just gorgeous !

Last edited by costicuba on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 5:24 pm

I didn`t know, that PeGe also made very good repainted model of Mojo Iberian Lynx...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and he used other type of the Iberian lynx`s coloration :)

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 5:39 pm

Some of the photos which I used for my repaint:

this first photo is from Roger:
And look, the lunx from the last photo, look`s allmost the same like our model :)

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 8:50 pm

Just no words to describe this perrrrfect Lynx! Huge congrats to you Roger.
And hurray for Kosta, very generous of you!! cheers cyclops sunny

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 10:16 pm

What a nice sacrilege Laughing You've made a wonderful Iberian lynx for our fantastic croc Applause

And I love the pics, especilly the outdoor ones Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 11:54 pm

Thanks to Everyone without any exception, I won't quote everyone but check below.
@Jonas, thanks for your very kind words, I am glad you enjoy (my) pictures taken outdoors. Yes, i hate to photograph and I love to see all your pictures. Very Happy
@Kosta, Oh, all work was yours, my guidance was only to help you identifying lynx species and a little coat suggestion. Very Happy Again, incredible all the detail you can put in such a small figure. Of course you can use any of my pictures, that is actually a honour for me. cheers p.s. I don't think that girls on forum will allow you to change your avatar! Laughing
@Susanne, excelent description and addition to this topic. cheers I think it is really fair to give all praises to Kosta once work is magnificent but we can never forget how that figure was born and how generous was from James giving the chance of introducing a figure of this animal in Mojo's range and all his effort to give a little but appreciated help to the Iberian lynx conservation program. cheers
The STS team that reviewed the figure deserves also that mention once the painting also has all this realistic effect because the mould has quality. It is useless to repaint a platypus like an Iberian lynx that it won't ever look good. Very Happy It is important to recall that you belong to that team. Well, I deserved the release and that kosta's masterpiece and that is really a big joy for me. Very Happy
Again Kosta, it is great that you've found Philipp's repaint. Just like you he is a great artist and a big enthusiast of wild cats. cat I remember discussing some details with him and his choice was the called Doñana pattern. That last picture was exactly the picture that originally served to start Mojo's project. Very Happy
I don't have the Mojo's repaint from PEGE, but he also send as a gift a AAA Eurasian lynx customized as an Iberian lynx and brilliantly repainted too. Of course the mould is less realistic, a chubby one but the result is just amasing. Very Happy
The other picture shows one of the versions of mass produced painting compared with yours. The difference is so dramatic that the sculpt doesn't look as nice although it is the same. Laughing Though, it is completely impossible to mass produce such a complex pattern. Very Happy

PeGe Iberian lynx and Kosta's Iberian lynx

Kosta's repaint and mass produced version of Mojö Iberian lynx

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 1:22 am

Thank you Karin and Christophe :)
Roger, all I can say is : cheers cheers cheers

...ouu...and one more thing...it`s a small one...but I need to say Very Happy
On your nice photos, I see some pieces left on the lynx, from the styrofoam (white one) :)
You can take them out..don`t worry about the paint.. it`s fixed Wink) ..that`s why maby it`s sticky a bit. Wink

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 1:28 am

costicuba wrote:

On your nice photos, I see some pieces left on the lynx, from the styrofoam (white one) :)
You can take them out..don`t worry about the paint.. it`s fixed Wink) ..that`s why maby it`s sticky a bit. Wink

Yes, I already removed many of these pieces but some I am afraid of doing it. I'll try to try. affraid Laughing

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 1:40 am

Roger wrote:
costicuba wrote:

Yes, I already removed many of these pieces but some I am afraid of doing it. I'll try to try. affraid Laughing

Laughing Don`t worry.... I think will not destroy the paint Wink)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 1:45 am

costicuba wrote:
Roger wrote:
costicuba wrote:

Laughing  Don`t worry.... I think will not destroy the paint Wink)

Yes, just removed the largest one on left flank and it is not damaged. Tomorrow I'll try microscopic ones. Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 4:07 pm

Wow, its stunning. Fabulous job, big congrats to you Roger, hurray for Kosta!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 4:15 pm

Really fantastic! Wonderful repaint Kosta! I'm very impressed. It's a great sculpt, but the off-the-line paintwork doesn't do it justice. This repaint absolutely does. Congratulations Roger! You have some wonderful Lynxes. The repainted AAA by PeGe and the Mojo by Kosta are fabulous!
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 1:52 am

Congrats Roger! It's beautiful :)
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 7:37 am

Wow, this repaint is absolutely genius! Costa, you are very, very, very talented! And you have a good heart! cheers
And hooray Roger for receiving such a beautiful gift cheers cheers cheers

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 9:11 am

Oh it's so wonderful, gorgeous paintwork - congratulations Roger on having such a gem in your collection!  They are amazing animals, beautiful markings.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 12:55 pm

Thank you very much Saarlooswolfhound, Scot, Kristie, Agata and Harriet :)))
I realy appreciate your kind words cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 6:19 pm

Thanks Paige, Scott, Kristie, Agata and Harriet! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!   Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo Iberian Lynx by Kosta! ... an unbelievable gift!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next