Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Starlux mystery... any further info?

Go down 
+7
Roger
SUSANNE
scot(t)
widukind
NightLioness
smallscaleworld
Kikimalou
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 10:36 pm

Thanks for all information provided, @Caracal recently opened a few topics showing reused moulds of vintage French figures, I may link our French friend to this topic. Idea
Roger, thanks for all the informations provided and for noticing that the Starlux fox was missing at the wiki, I have no idea who is that editor into foxes but if I find him, I'll bite him. Evil or Very Mad affraid
@Susanne, your mobile phone pictures are very good. You can always use Fidda as a tripod, I'm sure she won't move a little. Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 7:00 am

Kosta, thanks ! Good to know it is not just me Rolling Eyes
I'll try to think of something to hold the phone stable .

Wow, Roger, brilliant ideas lol!

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 11:13 pm

Roger wrote:
I used a better scale and figured that in fact foxes have different weights, enough to conclude that unlikely it is just a painting variation.
Original Starlux is 5,4 g and misterious fox is 4,2 g, 25% lighter than the original. Also, I searched in an exaustive way for Starlux foxes and I am not able of finding any other looking like the misterious one. scratch
Some examples:

Susanne's
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thierry's

Kiki's picture

Rogério, I had never seen this "fox souvenir" before this one. I checked on my french forum "Soldat plastique 1/32"  but there is none although  there are many with red deers, chamois, bears, dogs, roe deers, flamingoes, camargue bulls, gardians..

If this fox is lighter than the common one, it's because it 's surely made with polystyrene plastic rather with acetate one.

Would you allow me to transfer your picture with the complete "fox souvenir" on "Soldat plastique " forum?.. for I am sure it will interest a lot the others animal collectors like us! :)

some of my "Starlux souvenirs":

These were sold in gift shops from mountaneous areas like Alps and Pyrenean mountains..
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 12:49 am

Caracal wrote:

Rogério, I had never seen this "fox souvenir" before this one. I checked on my french forum "Soldat plastique 1/32"  but there is none although  there are many with red deers, chamois, bears, dogs, roe deers, flamingoes, camargue bulls, gardians..

If this fox is lighter than the common one, it's because it 's surely made with polystyrene plastic rather with acetate one.

Would you allow me to transfer your picture with the complete "fox souvenir" on "Soldat plastique " forum?.. for I am sure it will interest a lot the others animal collectors like us! :)

some of my "Starlux souvenirs":

These were sold in gift shops from mountaneous areas like Alps and Pyrenean mountains..

Wonderful souvenirs, Alain! I'm glad you've found this topic. Very Happy Interesting the info about materials.
The fox with the fir is one model and the fox without the fir is another model. They are three iff we count the original Starlux.
Of course you can use any of my pictures wherever you want.
There is also this picture.
I received this one from the Netherlands while the figure with fir I received from Bulgaria.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 6:49 am

Very Happy Thank you very much Rogério, I am sure this piece will produice a great surprise!.. above all coming from Bulgaria! :)
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 6:10 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 5:21 pm

found on a flea market on this morning:

.. a souvenir from Saint Etienne Vallée Française, a village in Cévennes moutains (Occitanie)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 5:23 pm

What an unusual and beautiful model! And two animals in one, would be great for dioramas! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 5:33 pm

Very nice. Do you have an idea what St. Etienne V.F. and the musical horn refer to?

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 6:30 pm

Thank you Bonnie and Roger! :)

Roger, St Etienne V.F. is a village (Saint Etienne Vallée Française) situated in a hunting area.. this horn is a hunting horn used for "chasse à courre" :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 6:58 pm

WOW !!! What a great find !!! cheers

Two old Starlux models, lovely quartz crystals, a Waldhorn, artificial wood Shocked
It is really, really ugly, but also just enormously charming ... I LOVE it bounce Very Happy cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 7:04 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Very nice. Do you have an idea what St. Etienne V.F. and the musical horn refer to?

The horn is a Waldhorn, I think, used for signals when hunting in wood areas.

St. Etienne is a city in the south east of France Wink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-%C3%89tienne

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 7:34 pm

yes Susanne ugly but so kitsh! Very Happy

"St Etienne Vallée Française" is a small village in Cévennes moutains. There are a lot of "St Etienne" in the whoole France! :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 8:07 pm

Caracal wrote:
   yes Susanne ugly but so kitsh! Very Happy

"St Etienne Vallée Française" is a small village in Cévennes moutains. There are a lot of "St Etienne" in the whoole France! :)

Ahh, I see , so it could also be other places, - the souvenir is surely from an area with mountains and wood Very Happy

About the horn , - here is a picture of my fathers brother-in-law ( Albin Svensson) blowing " Hunt over" on the simple kind of Waldhorn, that we call a Hunt-horn in Danish ( Jagthorn) .
The horn has no valves and is extremely difficult to play,- I am sure it sounded horrible  Laughing
The picture must be from about 1930, and is from a book that his daughter wrote about this amazing man.
He was a gamekeeper/ hunter and had an eternal fight with the poachers back then.

Don't they look fun Laughing Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 9:38 pm

Even if the subject is not of our likings. I assume the piece is very beautiful! I'd get it also if I had the chance. Thanks for sharing and for influencing Susanne to post such a cool vintage picture. Laughing

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 11:03 pm

Thank you Rogério, now, this area is a national parc in which hunting game is strictly controled! :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 4:58 pm

Interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 9:27 pm

Thanks for the explanation (I forgot to read the one under the photo). Great picture of your ancestor, Susanne. An interest in animals is clearly a family trait - though I don't suppose you hunt.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 10:32 pm

Thank you Andreas and Roger! :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 7:30 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Thanks for the explanation (I forgot to read the one under the photo). Great picture of your ancestor, Susanne. An interest in animals is clearly a family trait - though I don't suppose you hunt.

Laughing Laughing No ! I never ever hunt - except for flies and wasps when they come inside the house, and ticks, if I find them on myself or my pets.tongue
But both my parents did, - my mother stopped, though, when one day she actually killed an animal Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Starlux mystery... any further info?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2