Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Britains earliest production lead soldiers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

Britains earliest production lead soldiers Empty
PostSubject: Britains earliest production lead soldiers   Britains earliest production lead soldiers EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 10:09 pm

Here are some of Britains earliest production lead soldiers, British Infantry of the Line (i.e. normal infantry regiments), all made over a century ago. Now that's what I call 'vintage'!  

This photo shows infantry kneeling, 1,2,3, & 4 being the first version made 1894-1909. Note small tab by front foot.
The 5th figure replaced it from 1910 onwards.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This photo shows 7 marching figures, all on oval bases, which identifies them as very early production.
1 & 2 are men marching with their rifles on the wrong shoulder for the British army, a mistake by Britains Ltd, which they soon rectified. Made 1895-96 only.
3, bugler, made 1895-1910.
4, fifer and 5,6,7 marching with rifle on correct shoulder, all made 1896-1910

From 1911 onwards almost all Britains lead soldiers had rectangular bases.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Britains earliest production lead soldiers   Britains earliest production lead soldiers EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 10:45 pm

Gosh ! THAT is rarities affraid

They are gorgeous !!! SO charming and fine and lovely bounce Applause Applause

Thankyou for sharing, Dave flower flower flower

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Britains earliest production lead soldiers   Britains earliest production lead soldiers EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 11:35 pm

That's centenary! Shocked To old to be vintage once I think th word is from vingt age that means 20 years. Laughing
It is very interesting to see that the company was able of rectinfying an important mistake, to make mistakes is not a tragedy but to keep them after being aware of it is. Thanks for sharing, that's really interesting! Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Britains earliest production lead soldiers   Britains earliest production lead soldiers EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 3:48 am

Very rare stuff, thank you for showing :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Britains earliest production lead soldiers   Britains earliest production lead soldiers EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 6:13 am

Incredible oldies Dave Shocked

I like old lead toy soldiers feeling, they looks so toyish and poetic that they really can't hurt someone Very Happy
Just look at the head of the guy on the right... it's just fantastic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Britains earliest production lead soldiers   Britains earliest production lead soldiers Empty

Back to top Go down

Britains earliest production lead soldiers
Page 1 of 1