Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)

Go down 
+11
Bloodrayne
JonasV
widukind
Damon
donny ong
Kikimalou
arafan
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
LeeAnn
Bonobo
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonobo

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) Empty
PostSubject: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 7:32 pm

First of all the hyena :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Even the right foreleg looks a bit strange and the face looks a bit too cartoonish is it a great figure. The details (fur) are amazing! Could be the best figure on the market, but this isn’t difficult Laughing

Bonobo

Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 7:32 pm

the boa

The darker parts are deeper inside the body than the lighter parts (marked with a red arrow). Why??? And the tongue is too heavy.
With customizing (cut off the tongue and resculpt the darker parts) it would be much nicer, maybe good Smile

Bonobo

PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 7:33 pm

the sitting cat, the polar wolf and the alligator baby

I like the fact, that we have now a cat, which is looking forward, the older ones always looked to the side.
But there are also two negative things: on the one hand the face, that looks loke an botox experiment pale Laughing  and on the other hand a part of the too big stamp on the back, I really hate these stamps Mad

There is nothing really bad about this one, but the pose is a bit boring and the fur is overacted.

There is also nothing really bad about this one, i really like the pose, but the colors could be better: they are originally yellow and black!

Bonobo

PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 7:33 pm

and finally: the icelandic mare

Even I have heard, that it is not really correct, I love it, but I'm also not a horse expert Very Happy

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Thank you for the walkarounds! Very Happy The icelandic is a major disappointment for me. Sad

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Thanks for the walkarounds, most of them aren't terrible, but that anaconda's spots are probably a design idea to show the painters where to put the dark spots... a failed attempt since it looks like it has a fungal infection. pale

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 8:07 pm

Thanks a lot for your walk arounds! Much easier to make a judgement now. Very Happy
I agree that there aren't many good spotted hyenas on market, figure looks chubby to me but not disappointing, something to study. Very Happy I cannot find any excitment with the boa, an absolute lack of realism in my opinion although I find it an interesting release from the brand.
The wolf is somewhat cute with a naif and simple style though I think Schleich wanted to make a wolf in sheep clothing. Laughing
Sorry if I am not very positive, even the Icey looks only attractive from the catalogue angle, in all other angles it doesn't look anything special. Surely those are my impressions and of course I congratulate you for your new additions, it is important when the owner loves his figures and not properly the observer. I actually like them, I only wished they were a little better, mainly boa. Very Happy Thanks again! cheers

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 8:09 pm

Thank you very much for the pictures! cheers 
The baby gator looks much better, I also do really like the wolf, but the hyeana doesn't looks so good anymore how in the catalogue pictures. Neutral

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Thank you very much for the walkarounds cheers

I agree, to quote Susanne, I hate that they write novels on the models! It really has an impact on the smaller ones! Mad

They look decent though, but none of them are perfect.
The icelandic she is charming with her cute face and flowing mane, but she has a little of that huge neck syndrome seen in several of the newer Schleich horses.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 9:34 pm

How can i say more... Nothing awful and nothing really interesting.

Nevertheless, thank you very much for the pics cheers
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 1:39 am

Thanks for the photos.

Back to top Go down
Damon

Damon

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 2:32 am

Carola wrote:

The icelandic she is charming with her cute face and flowing mane, but she has a little of that huge neck syndrome seen in several of the newer Schleich horses.

Yep, it's almost like they're all stallions trying to get their mares .. Laughing

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 2:41 am

Thank you Bonobo! Great to have some more (and better) pictures of these figures!

I like the Hyena; I'm looking forward to it. I like the baby alligator too. And I'll be buying the Arctic Wolf.

The comment about the Sitting cat's "Botox Face" made me laugh. Very Happy

The Boa is awful. Really disappointing. The indented areas are bizarre. A lot of kids are going to grow up having super distorted ideas of what Boa Constrictors are like. I still love collecting Schleich but I will never get that horrible figure.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 8:01 am

Congratulations :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 5:02 pm

Thanks a lot for these photos! Hmm... I'm wondering why they put the logo on this poor cat's back.. And this snake hasn't got his marking made best way.. Rolling Eyes Paint job look like Safari made it. Not happy what they're doing. These are just toys nowadays..

Danke anyway =)

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 10:13 pm

Oh boy....that Hyena needs to lay off the hamburgers
or tell Papa not to preach, 'cause she's keeping her baby. Laughing

I already noticed the weird zombie flesh on the Boa constrictor when pictures were shown in the Schleich 2015 thread. Why did they think this would be a good idea? It makes no sense at all.

The Polar wolf would be even better and more wolf like with longer, leaner legs.
Icelandic mare would be better with a proper neck.

That leaves only one:
I need to get myself a Botox cat ASAP. bounce I love you Twisted Evil

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 7:22 am

Bloodrayne wrote:
Oh boy....that Hyena needs to lay off the hamburgers
or tell Papa not to preach, 'cause she's keeping her baby. Laughing

That leaves only one:
I need to get myself a Botox cat ASAP. bounce I love you Twisted Evil

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 8:21 pm

Congrats and thank you for this walkaround!
It is sad about the boa, but I like that one more that I saw them on promo photo.
Alligator baby is nice, but he is normal, hasn't any features.
Why, why Schleich made their copyright on back of cat? I also saw it on some other models too Sad
I don't like hyena anyway, the best hyena is Schleich's, in Bayala collection.
Icelandic mare is VERY BEAUTIFUL! I'll buy them! Applause
I like polar wolf, but I think it is anything strange in him. His (or her? Very Happy ) eyes look too dark, ears look too fleshy and hind legs look not detailed (wolves has very gracile legs and so we can see many bonds and tendons)

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 6:01 am

Reading back over this thread, I'm surprised by the lack of enthusiasm for the hyena. I just got it yesterday and I have to say I think it is fantastic. I honestly think it's the best hyena available by a major company. (Obviously, I'd take the Jeol if I could, so I'm not counting that one here.)

I have the Bayala Hyena, the one Anasta mentioned above, and I agree that it's a great Hyena. But this new one is as good I think. (At least in my view.) I encourage folks to get a look at the model in person -- go to a nearby store if possible and take a look at it. It's really quite good. For those of us who are particularly fond of Hyenas -- it's one of my favorite animals -- this new Schleich is a very happy addition.

The Schleich models I've bought this year -- the Alligator, crocodile, rattlesnake, and hyena -- are better than anything that came out last year by Schleich -- my favorites for 2014 were the Bison and the Chipmunk. And I haven't even yet acquired the Tiger, Arctic Wolf, or Ostrich.
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 12:00 pm

Really nice additions.
Stil i don't go for the wildlife yet .. there are no models i would like to have Razz
That cat look a bit to happy and that back logo ... No Sad
i like the horse more then i tought ... She is oke with the hair do it think i will get her Razz

PostSubject: Re: Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)   Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat) Empty

Back to top Go down

Some new 2015 (Polar wolf, boa, hyena, alligator baby, icelandic mare, sitting cat)
Page 1 of 1