Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard

Go down 
+22
smilodoncalifornicus
WILLYBACOMAN
sebillba
costicuba
Ana
Bonobo
Sergey
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
cattlecollector
Jennypurr
Kikimalou
Roger
scot(t)
signatus
Dutch Bear
Carola
lunate
Juan Andrés
widukind
NightLioness
JonasV
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Elect the 2014 Animal figure of the year.
Papo snow leopard
papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 42% [ 62 ]
CollectA fallow deer
papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 25 ]
Kitan Club leopard seal
papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 18 ]
Rebor Tyrannosaurus rex
papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 13 ]
CollectA Ankole/Watusi bull
papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 13 ]
Mojo Arabian mare in foal
 9% [ 13 ]
Papo Siberian husky
papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 149

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 12:45 pm

Dutch Bear wrote:
I kind of missed a bird catagory in the pre-rounds.
Maybe an idee for 2016?

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:36 am

Dutch Bear wrote:
I kind of missed a bird catagory in the pre-rounds.
Maybe an idee for 2016?
exclamation That would be great! cheers Applause

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 1:44 am

Jennypurr wrote:
I have a strange feeling I know who sculpted the T Rex.  Last year I stopped by a hobbyist's house and thought I saw the prototype for the REBOR T Rex.  But, I could be wrong.  I know the woman and her husband sculpt many dinosaurs but have no idea if they sell them to a toy company.

My least favorite of the finalists is the Mojo Arabian mare in foal.  She does appear to be in foal but she's too heavy-looking to be an Arabian.  Now, if they said it was a Morgan or Morab mare - that I could see.  This IS a pregnant Arabian mare:
http://www.equineresindirectory.com/showresin.asp?resinid=1985

The legs of the Arab mare had to be sculpted that way, mostly because of the technology and material it was produced from. Some companies use another kind of plastic or even a bitbigger scale which let them make legs proportionally thinner.  In this case it was a minimal required thickness.

I also would prefer to see more thin legged final version of this Arab mare, that's why I sculpted another version of this horse model, cast in resin. And resin version has about 30% thinner legs. It was possible thanks to different technology. (Resin version has also no fur texture which is not typical for Arabians but was required by the company, although in the winter Arabians also can have thick fur, if they are kept whole year outside in the colder climate, so, some may claim the Mojo Arabian is a one in winter fur Wink )  

The model of Arabian mare from your link is also made in resin, and is a bigger scale, that two facts allowed for making the thin, typical Arabian legs. Smile I think comparing it to PCV toy is a bit hard, these are two different "classes".

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 5:14 am

Ana wrote:
Jennypurr wrote:
I have a strange feeling I know who sculpted the T Rex.  Last year I stopped by a hobbyist's house and thought I saw the prototype for the REBOR T Rex.  But, I could be wrong.  I know the woman and her husband sculpt many dinosaurs but have no idea if they sell them to a toy company.

My least favorite of the finalists is the Mojo Arabian mare in foal.  She does appear to be in foal but she's too heavy-looking to be an Arabian.  Now, if they said it was a Morgan or Morab mare - that I could see.  This IS a pregnant Arabian mare:
http://www.equineresindirectory.com/showresin.asp?resinid=1985

The legs of the Arab mare had to be sculpted that way, mostly because of the technology and material it was produced from. Some companies use another kind of plastic or even a bitbigger scale which let them make legs proportionally thinner.  In this case it was a minimal required thickness.

I also would prefer to see more thin legged final version of this Arab mare, that's why I sculpted another version of this horse model, cast in resin. And resin version has about 30% thinner legs. It was possible thanks to different technology. (Resin version has also no fur texture which is not typical for Arabians but was required by the company, although in the winter Arabians also can have thick fur, if they are kept whole year outside in the colder climate, so, some may claim the Mojo Arabian is a one in winter fur Wink )  

The model of Arabian mare from your link is also made in resin, and is a bigger scale, that two facts allowed for making the thin, typical Arabian legs. Smile I think comparing it to PCV toy is a bit hard, these are two different "classes".

Very good, clear and right points :)
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:48 pm

What is thinking this beautiful Leo ..?
...``I guess, I`m the wiiinneeerrr...yeahhh ``  lol!
papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 10670210
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 8:16 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
sebillba

sebillba

Country/State : Southsea, UK

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 8:17 pm

Thanks to all involved in compiling this poll, it's been a lot of fun! A little sad for me that there are no monkeys in the final, but I did vote for two non-primates in the initial rounds, and it looks like one of those is going to be named Figure of the Year! Very Happy Applause bounce
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:55 pm

I voted for the Kitan Club seal, which is a model form another category on its own, not even to compare with the Papo snowleopard, which is nice, but for me from another category, much less then the Kitan Club model, which is the case for most Japanese models when it come to quality i guess...

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:17 pm

costicuba wrote:
papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 10670210

cheers cheers lol!

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:22 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
costicuba wrote:

cheers cheers lol!

Laughing Laughing Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. I love you
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 2:38 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I voted for the Kitan Club seal, which is a model form another category on its own, not even to compare with the Papo snowleopard, which is nice, but for me from another category, much less then the Kitan Club model, which is the case for most Japanese models when it come to quality i guess...

Me too cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 9:54 am

LeeAnn wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Me too cheers

Laughing Laughing Laughing So am I cheers
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:15 am

Well of course mon ami! cheers Wink

smilodoncalifornicus

Country/State : USA Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:33 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
cattlecollector wrote:
I'm a bit surprised that the snow leopard is winning. It seems like such an oddly proportioned model, and the face looks strange. scratch

Actually, when you look at real snow leopard pics, you will find that the Papo have very good proportions. Wink  

I agree . My take on the Papo Snow Leopard is that it is perfect in every way. I think it is about the most accurate and realistic extant animal figure I have ever seen by far. It s stunning.
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 6:01 am

Edited....

Last edited by Dutch Bear on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 8:52 pm

So, ladies and gentlemen,
the STS 2014 Animal figure of the year is the
Papo Snow Leopard. farao

Like in 2013, the Animal Figure of the year is the Wildlife figure of the year.
Big congratulation to the Snow Leopard sculptor and to the Papo company.

papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 Papo50160_Snow_Leopard.jpg_original

Below the final ranking:
1 Papo Snow Leopard
2 CollectA fallow deer
3 Kitan Club leopard seal
4 CollectA Ankole/Watusi bull
4 Mojo Arabian mare in foal
4 Rebor Tyrannosaurus rex
7 Papo Siberian husky

A few more stats and one more winner  Suspect

papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 Brand2014.png_original

So With 407 votes, CollectA is the 2014 STS Brand of the year king

papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 Collecta_Logo.png_original

And congratulation to the 149 members who voted in the Final poll ( Last year we were only 80 Wink )

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:39 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 9:00 pm

CONGRATULATIONS to Papo cheers

And GREAT work , CollectA Applause

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 2:16 am

cheers cheers cheers

Congrats to the Papo snow leopard and CollectA! Worthy winners Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 2:23 am

Congratulations to the Winners! cheers

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 3:18 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 4:40 am

Congratulations to the winners!! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:11 am

Congradulations! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:24 am

Did the Papo Hippopotamus Cow win? That was my favorite of the year. I hope it did.

Seriously though, the Papo Snow Leopard is fantastic. And CollectA released so many spectacularly good models, it was kind of overwhelming.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 1:19 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS to Papo cheers

And GREAT work , CollectA Applause

cheers Bravo ! cheers
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 3:14 pm

Congrats to ALL. Applause cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   papo - The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next