Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The wild boar, new for Safari 2015

Go down 
+7
shadoweon
Saarlooswolfhound
JonasV
widukind
Roger
NightLioness
Kikimalou
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The wild boar, new for Safari 2015 Empty
PostSubject: The wild boar, new for Safari 2015   The wild boar, new for Safari 2015 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Susanne's walkaround of the day Embarassed Laughing

This is a new species for Safari !
Most European brands make wild boars routinely, but it seems that except for the short-lived Warthog ( 2007-11) and the peccary from last year, this is the first wild pig that Safari has made   Very Happy

This model is placed in the "Wildlife" series, and wikipedial mentions them as an "Old World" animal.
So now  I am a bit confused because it seems there are lots of wild hogs in USA, - are they an invasive species ?  scratch
I am sure somebody can tell me all about  bounce  bounce

Well, here we have the nice lady, sniffing away at the lego block  pig  Laughing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Together with Safari's Peccary :

For comparison, I found some of those that look rather similar :
Mojo,
CollectA, Papo, Bullyland
Lineol, Safari ,Schleich

pig pig pig sunny

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The wild boar, new for Safari 2015   The wild boar, new for Safari 2015 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:08 pm

Thank you Susanne for the good pics Very Happy

Indeed All suids are native to the Old World, the peccaries are from a different family, the Tayassuidae, which are the New world pigs. Wild hogs or razorbacks are feral "Sus Scrofa" which were introduced in The USA and Australia.

Thsi Safari Ltd is very nice, is it me or it looks a bit like an Asterix's wild boar?  Very Happy

Last edited by Kikimalou on Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The wild boar, new for Safari 2015   The wild boar, new for Safari 2015 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:44 pm

cheers YES !!!! Asterix -pig !
I think her name must be Porcafix Laughing

Thankyou for the info, dear Christoph, - now I learned something new today, hurrayyy Applause

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The wild boar, new for Safari 2015   The wild boar, new for Safari 2015 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:54 pm

STS is a great learing place for animal loves, but that is of-topic now :)

Her face is docile, she is just sniffing around, did safari made some piglets as well?
Great photos Susanne Very Happy Can't wait till tomorrow, an other walk-around by you ^^ XD

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The wild boar, new for Safari 2015   The wild boar, new for Safari 2015 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 10:09 pm

Great walk around! I confess I got surprised when Safari decided to release a wild boar. First, as you commented and Christophe confirmed, it is an Old World species, usually assigned, in toy animal hobby, with woodlands. Woodland figures in Safari are usually from North America. Also, recently they have released that peccary, not a suidae but a suine anyway. Very Happy
I love comparison pictures, I have been quite curious about this Safari and also about that Mojo. In that scale, my wild boar keeps being the retired Schleich that is a nice figure, though, that last picture makes me think that the Mojo is the most graceful and dynamic. But, are boars supposed to be graceful? Laughing pig
Interesting that you're using the Lineol, the grandfather of them all that is curiously remarkably different. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The wild boar, new for Safari 2015   The wild boar, new for Safari 2015 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 9:06 am

Beautieful wild boar(s)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The wild boar, new for Safari 2015   The wild boar, new for Safari 2015 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 11:54 am

Very nice! It seems that the paintjob is better than last year cyclops I think she's a really fine model =)

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The wild boar, new for Safari 2015   The wild boar, new for Safari 2015 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 5:37 pm

Wow, great new wild hog. I love the details. Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The wild boar, new for Safari 2015   The wild boar, new for Safari 2015 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 6:45 pm

Thankyou for all the nice comments ! sunny Oink ! Oink ! from mrs W. Piggie Laughing

NightLioness wrote:
.......did safari made some piglets as well?

No, no piglets Wink

Roger wrote:
Great walk around! I confess I got surprised when Safari decided to release a wild boar. First, as you commented and Christophe confirmed, it is an Old World species, usually assigned, in toy animal hobby, with woodlands. Woodland figures in Safari are usually from North America. Also, recently they have released that peccary, not a suidae but a suine anyway. Very Happy
I love comparison pictures, I have been quite curious about this Safari and also about that Mojo. In that scale, my wild boar keeps being the retired Schleich that is a nice figure, though, that last picture makes me think that the Mojo is the most graceful and dynamic. But, are boars supposed to be graceful? Laughing pig
Interesting that you're using the Lineol, the grandfather of them all that is curiously remarkably different. Very Happy

I agree that it is somewhat strange to see this model together with the tigers, giraffes and aardwark Laughing
Perhaps Safari is considering making an "European" series ? Shocked

Yes ! The model from Mojo is fantastic , and has a personaliyty quite his own Very Happy

shadoweon

shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

PostSubject: Re: The wild boar, new for Safari 2015   The wild boar, new for Safari 2015 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 7:36 pm

Pretty nice! She has a more gentle looking face than what I was expecting,which is good. It would be adorable if they made a piglet to go with her.

Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The wild boar, new for Safari 2015   The wild boar, new for Safari 2015 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 8:49 pm

This is a very good presentation of the wild boar from Safari. Thank you for sharing and congratulation with the newcomer.

I like her eyes, she looks very relaxed but I am sure she is sharp enough to avoid beeing a meal for mr Obelix and his friends. Wink

I appreciate the comparison with the models from other brands. Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The wild boar, new for Safari 2015   The wild boar, new for Safari 2015 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 9:01 pm

Thankyou very much, Ladies Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The wild boar, new for Safari 2015   The wild boar, new for Safari 2015 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 9:06 pm

Tove wrote:
... but I am sure she is sharp enough to avoid beeing a meal for mr Obelix and his friends. Wink ...

Avoiding????? No way  Laughing

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The wild boar, new for Safari 2015   The wild boar, new for Safari 2015 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:25 am

Thank you for walk around Susanne and great comparison pictures! The painting gives him indeed a look like from Asterix cartoon haha Very Happy But it's very nice model and I guess after repaint it would look even more realistic.

Somehow none of the modern brands caught the wild boar character as good as Lineol. Lineol is really phenomenal and wildest of wild boar miniature replicas probably Very Happy With this shaggy fur on his shoulders, it looks angry and ready to protect his family Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The wild boar, new for Safari 2015   The wild boar, new for Safari 2015 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 6:56 pm

A great model cheers

PostSubject: Re: The wild boar, new for Safari 2015   The wild boar, new for Safari 2015 Empty

Back to top Go down

The wild boar, new for Safari 2015
Page 1 of 1