Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

method of payment for your for sale figures

Go down 
+3
LeeAnn
DaveScriv
sauroid
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

method of payment for your for sale figures Empty
PostSubject: method of payment for your for sale figures   method of payment for your for sale figures EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 6:25 pm

what kind of payments do you guys use when selling your figures? i am assuming that most use paypal? but what about those who dont have paypal account or want to use it? is money order still being used? i dont think cash is such a good idea too...
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: method of payment for your for sale figures   method of payment for your for sale figures EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 6:56 pm

For international payments, I don't think there are any viable alternatives to PayPal. All other methods I've investigated have very high fees.
Back to top Go down
sauroid

sauroid

PostSubject: Re: method of payment for your for sale figures   method of payment for your for sale figures EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 6:58 pm

is money order still being used actively among sellers/buyers?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: method of payment for your for sale figures   method of payment for your for sale figures EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 7:29 pm

I had to google money order Shocked
A kind of international check, is it ?

It looks like a lot of work, and probably expensive. I don't think we have it in Denmark at all .

But I use bank transfer sometimes, even if it is expensive and slow Wink

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: method of payment for your for sale figures   method of payment for your for sale figures EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 2:34 am

SUSANNE wrote:
I had to google money order Shocked
A kind of international check, is it ?

It looks like a lot of work, and probably expensive. I don't think we have it in Denmark at all .

But I use bank transfer sometimes, even if it is expensive and slow Wink

I've never heard of an international MO, though they're like a check but are guaranteed funds. They're typically purchased at the PO. Sometimes they're used the the model horse hobby but rarely as there isn't much protection of the other person flakes.

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: method of payment for your for sale figures   method of payment for your for sale figures EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 2:39 am

I take strictly Paypal, but I can be lenient on other US members and take a check or MO if they don't have PP. Though again that's rare, usually PP and that's that.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: method of payment for your for sale figures   method of payment for your for sale figures EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 3:06 am

Ohh, so it is just a national check, - why not send a check ? Shocked

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: method of payment for your for sale figures   method of payment for your for sale figures EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 3:34 am

So it clears faster Very Happy An out-of-state check can take a few days to clear, or even bounce, where with the MO you get the cash in hand immediately.

sauroid

PostSubject: Re: method of payment for your for sale figures   method of payment for your for sale figures EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 3:58 am

so International MO is the next best thing to paypal then? (there are people still wary of how paypal works and wont deal using PP and i cant blame them)
here's a great article/info about money order:
http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/tips/money-orders/

thanks for all the inputs
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: method of payment for your for sale figures   method of payment for your for sale figures EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 12:23 pm

I've done international buying/selling with other types of collectibles. and almost always used Paypal. When I started out there was Bid Pay, but I think they've been gone for years. With others in the US, I have accepted personal checks, but I won't ship until the check clears. I've taken money orders from those without Paypal or personal checks, but that's another expense for the buyer. I will accept them though.
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: method of payment for your for sale figures   method of payment for your for sale figures EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 12:33 pm

I take Payapl through my store, which allows people to pay via credit cards without creating an actual account if they wish--this means that I don't have to store the data, and Paypal merely acts as a host for the transaction, after which the data is also expunged after a time.

Money orders and cheques, in particular for international purchases, are often at risk of various frauds, and some banks will not cash them--and many sellers won't take them (if it bounces, how are they going to get the NSF fee recovered, as well as the funds?).

Western Union-type transfers can work, but again, fraud is a rampant issue, except in this case there is no proof that the correct person received it.

Bank wire transfers are generally safe, as they go bank to bank, and there is a record. Bu they are expensive, and can have issues with international banks.

Personal cheques are a huge no-no in e-business, but a certified cheque, which is guaranteed by the bank, are okay. And are also really expensive.

Unfortunately, in a digital world, using digital funds is the way things operate.

Last edited by sbell on Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: method of payment for your for sale figures   method of payment for your for sale figures EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:26 pm

Everything is said I guess. I use Paypal for the world and accept Bank transfert in Europe. Sometimes I try to pay with kisses or Big hugs but it never works No
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: method of payment for your for sale figures   method of payment for your for sale figures EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
......Sometimes I try to pay with kisses or Big hugs but it never works No

Arrrhw Sad

Try me cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: method of payment for your for sale figures   method of payment for your for sale figures EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 7:40 pm

cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: method of payment for your for sale figures   method of payment for your for sale figures Empty

Back to top Go down

method of payment for your for sale figures
Page 1 of 1