Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou

Go down 
+16
ken yeo
shadoweon
MartinH
SUSANNE
signatus
scot(t)
lucky luke
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Roger
Florian
costicuba
NightLioness
Ana
Kikimalou
donny ong
widukind
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 12:22 am

It is great to read all your comments and your eagerness of helping me to take the best decision. Interesting to see important opinions favorable towards the Safari figure. It is quite relevant because Schleich jaguar is a good figure too. It is also great when we see that not all opinions have the same direction and that's one of the reasons why foruns are so important. I love to read your comments and I'll consider to get the Safari jaguar although it is surely not a priority.
Christophe, so it was a snow leopard, these two wonderful cats are often mixed although we all know which one is each. Very Happy
Oh, also looking forward to see how this jaguar will look like after these famous repaints from Kosta! bounce

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 5:15 am

Roger wrote:

Oh, also looking forward to see how this jaguar will look like after these famous repaints from Kosta! bounce
... Embarassed sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 8:58 am

Roger wrote:
...... It is also great when we see that not all opinions have the same direction and that's one of the reasons why foruns are so important......

Hear, hear cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 4:34 pm

Roger wrote:
It is great to read all your comments and your eagerness of helping me to take the best decision. Interesting to see important opinions favorable towards the Safari figure. It is quite relevant because Schleich jaguar is a good figure too. It is also great when we see that not all opinions have the same direction and that's one of the reasons why foruns are so important. I love to read your comments and I'll consider to get the Safari jaguar although it is surely not a priority.
Christophe, so it was a snow leopard, these two wonderful cats are often mixed although we all know which one is each. Very Happy

Great cheers I agree Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 10:48 am

Holy mother!! I really want this one!!! Applause Applause Applause

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 12:36 pm

MartinH wrote:
Holy mother!! I really want this one!!! Applause Applause Applause

Go for it Martin Very Happy Your displays are empty without this one Laughing
Back to top Go down
shadoweon

shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2015 8:58 pm

Is there a comparison between this one and the Papo one anywhere? Would be interested to see since if I was to get one these were the two I was considering.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2015 10:26 pm

Unfortunately Ican't find my papo jaguar. Nevertheless, the Papo jaguar is a beautiful big cat but it is not a jaguar, the Safari Ltd is a jaguar. Wink
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 9:20 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Unfortunately Ican't find my papo jaguar. Nevertheless, the Papo jaguar is a beautiful big cat but it is not a jaguar, the Safari Ltd is a jaguar. Wink

That's right! Papo should revise the design and make it right.

smilodoncalifornicus

Country/State : USA Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 2:52 pm

Ana wrote:
Beautiful jaguar. I love the walking pose and I think proportions are good enough. I still have slight preference for Schleich one, maybe it's kind of sentiment for this one or so? Laughing

Fantastic photos too, what a great colour of background to show majesty of that beautiful royal wild cat king   Very Happy cheers

I also like the Schleich Jaguar better. To myself, the Schleich one has a better body and head that look more Jaguar.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 7:24 pm

smilodoncalifornicus wrote:
Ana wrote:
Beautiful jaguar. I love the walking pose and I think proportions are good enough. I still have slight preference for Schleich one, maybe it's kind of sentiment for this one or so? Laughing

Fantastic photos too, what a great colour of background to show majesty of that beautiful royal wild cat king   Very Happy cheers

I also like the Schleich Jaguar better.  To myself, the Schleich one has a better body and head that look more Jaguar.

Two collectors, three opinions Laughing

I think the Safari Ltd looks more like a Jungle jaguar and Schleich like a Zoo jaguar.
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 7:26 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
smilodoncalifornicus wrote:
Ana wrote:

I also like the Schleich Jaguar better.  To myself, the Schleich one has a better body and head that look more Jaguar.

Two collectors, three opinions Laughing

I think the Safari Ltd looks more like a Jungle jaguar and Schleich like a Zoo jaguar.

Thats a good way to look at it.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 7:33 pm

I think the painting enhance the Schleich model and lower the Safari Ltd.

Look at it when it is very well painted [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 8:01 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I think the painting enhance the Schleich model and lower the Safari Ltd.

Look at it when it is very well painted [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Yes, the stock Schleich Jaguar is painted a bit better than the stock Safari one. That repainted one you showed helps alot. Both companies are not to bad for a Jaguar. I think the limbs on the Safari one a a slight bit to long, but its a good one overall.
Back to top Go down
Palustris

Palustris

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 6:40 pm

Hello all,

This thread is from 2015, but I just read it now.

First of all, great paint job on the Safari ltd. jaguar! I love to see people try to capture the essence of this great cat.

I personally feel that the Schleich jaguar ( second one they have put out and the one you displayed ) is the best "structured" jaguar on the market and the paint job is not bad. I feel the Safari ltd. jaguar is too narrow with slightly longer legs than I would like to see. It doesn't really capture the power and bulky size of the jaguar that makes it the thirds largest feline in the world.

However, as I have stated before, there are several subspecies of jaguar and not all subspecies show the huge size and bulk that they are famous for. For instance, jaguars from Mexico or Central America is much smaller than jaguars from the Pantanal of Brazil, Bolivia and Paraguay. Central American jaguars are average about 120-140 lbs (male) compared to an average weight of 220 lbs for a Brazilian male from the Pantanal or the Venezuelan Llanos. That is double the weight! In the latter areas they even get up to 325 lbs or more. Those are immense cats that would truly have the huge heads, short powerful limbs, big barrel shaped bodies and short tails. They inhabit more of the open area of South America where a larger race of jaguars have developed due to the open space and access to more and larger prey. The jaguars of the dense jungles need a smaller body in order to be more arboreal and live in a more confined habitat (thick jungle).

So, Christophe you are actually correct. The Safari ltd jaguar depicts more the "jungle jaguar" where jaguars are smaller, where as the Schleich jaguar depicts more the characteristics of the larger races of jaguars.

Either way my friend, good job with your repainted jaguar!

Back to top Go down
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 5:56 am

excellent photos to clearly demonstrate this model. thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
NRiyaz

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 11:38 pm

Edit: I can see finally the photos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2