Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd

Go down 
+5
Roger
WILLYBACOMAN
SUSANNE
skysthelimit
Admin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd Empty
PostSubject: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 6:04 pm

Hi friends,

here comes the "Rainforest-Toob"

Anteater
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Macaw

Emerald Tree Boa

Iguana

Jaguar

Caiman

Human

Poison Dart Frog

Toco Toucan

Red Eye Tree Frog

Tapir

Spider Monkey
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 6:36 pm

Tubelicious, congrats Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 7:26 pm

Hey, a man from Tyrol has erred into the rainforest Shocked

Sorry, sorry Embarassed

There are some good models.
Only I think they repeat themselves. I have the green frog from many years ago, and I never had that toob, - the Tucan also...

And do Anteaters live in rainforests ?

The photoes are horrible as always geek drunken cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 7:45 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Hey, a man from Tyrol has erred into the rainforest Shocked

Sorry, sorry Embarassed

There are some good models.
Only I think they repeat themselves. I have the green frog from many years ago, and I never had that toob, - the Tucan also...

And do Anteaters live in rainforests ?

The photoes are horrible as always geek drunken cheers

What a Face affraid
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:21 pm

Nice critters inside this tube Torben!
Tubelicious indeed! Cool

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:58 pm

Definitly not my favourite toobe, but very very nice species!
Congratulations for such fantastic animals, Torben!
Yes, Susanne, giant anteater are a species from rain forest fauna, of course it also lives in other habitats! Is not easy to find scientific errors in Safari range!!!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:05 pm

I don't think that the giant anteater lives in the forest or jungle, more on the open plains of South-America. Cool
The Malayan Tapir is from South-East Asia, and the rest from the jungles of South-America, so that is a little bit strange too... Rolling Eyes

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 12:14 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I don't think that the giant anteater lives in the forest or jungle, more on the open plains of South-America. Cool
The Malayan Tapir is from South-East Asia, and the rest from the jungles of South-America, so that is a little bit strange too... Rolling Eyes

Willy! About the tapir, it's true, it was easier to put a species of tapir like the south-american tapir, but rain forests are present in Asia too, and the Malaian tapir lives in rain forests.
About the giant anteater, is present in different habitats but also in the rain forest, you could read these two books or click the link below, or even see it googling... the toobe is only saying "rain forest" or is it saying South American rain forest, Torben?
:) Rolling Eyes

Mandarich, Tony - Rainforest Animals - Giant Anteater

Louise H. Emmons and Francois Feer, 1997 – Neotropical Rainforest Mammals, A Field Guide.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:10 am

Cute little critters! Congratualtions Torben! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 4:40 pm

Great additions Torben. Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:05 am

Roger wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Willy! About the tapir, it's true, it was easier to put a species of tapir like the south-american tapir, but rain forests are present in Asia too, and the Malaian tapir lives in rain forests.
About the giant anteater, is present in different habitats but also in the rain forest, you could read these two books or click the link below, or even see it googling... the toobe is only saying "rain forest" or is it saying South American rain forest, Torben?

Louise H. Emmons and Francois Feer, 1997 – Neotropical Rainforest Mammals, A Field Guide.

Haha, you tell me that Roger, the Dutch Richard Attenborough? geek
I am busy with animals for whole my life, and since i am aware of what lives on our planet, this about 42 years, i always tried to know as much as possible on animals and their natural habitats.
But that doesn't matter Roger, nobody knows everything, isn't it Roger... Laughing

But the primary habitat of the giant anteater are the open woods, the savannahs and more like that.
They can be found in the jungle sometimes, but very rarely, as their main food-sourse, the termites are more to be found in open country to.

That those toobs were jungle or forest animals was clear to me, but it was a strange choice of the manufacturer, as the most animals were from the South-American jungle... Rolling Eyes

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:07 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Roger wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Haha, you tell me that Roger, the Dutch Richard Attenborough? geek
I am busy with animals for whole my life, and since i am aware of what lives on our planet, this about 42 years, i always tried to know as much as possible on animals and their natural habitats.
But that doesn't matter Roger, nobody knows everything, isn't it Roger... Laughing

But the primary habitat of the giant anteater are the open woods, the savannahs and more like that.
They can be found in the jungle sometimes, but very rarely, as their main food-sourse, the termites are more to be found in open country to.

That those toobs were jungle or forest animals was clear to me, but it was a strange choice of the manufacturer, as the most animals were from the South-American jungle... Rolling Eyes

Oh Willy, I was trying to explain what I think that is the point of view of Safari. Not saying that you are not able to identify the habitats of animals! I am learning a lot with you and other members from this forum, I think that with 42 years of collecting, I will be totally ignorant about wild life! I only have less than 1 year collecting, maybe I'm not still able to be a pedagogic member and I'll try to learn some more! Anyway try to see where do you find termits, because to see ants, you only need to visit my home in the Summer, fortunately I have already a anteater in my collection! Now I need a pine cone and a Aardvark!cheers king Laughing

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:37 pm

I know, i know Rogerio, don't worry...
Well yes, when you have a garden, then you probably have some ants to... Laughing
The problem is, that your edentates in model won't eat them...

In the house of my brother in Spain, you can have big streams of very tiny ants sometimes, when you don't clean up the kitchen or so, just a spoon with some food-rests is enough to wake them up! Shocked
Or a cockroach, that you killed by stepping on it, they will clean up the mess for you, haha. :)

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:52 pm

I never clean my house, it is the same that you see a child with hungry and throug away the food! So I have a lot of criters working for me!:) Little criters but very cute! And I don't have a garden but a bugs restaurant!pig pig pig pale silent
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 10:54 pm

Well, then it must be a zoo outhere in your house, haha. Wink pig cat elephant alien rendeer

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:09 pm

Some doubled 1:1 scaled ants to trade, very realistic like all my stuff! Organic material without pvc! Made in Portugal without tag! Wink

Continuing with the Safari Accuracy... Oh no... after Willy I think will get some conversation with Kiki monkey... what kind of front paws are those from this giant anteater???? I need to see the larger figure.... affraid
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:02 am

He curled his nails inside i guess.... Rolling Eyes

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:11 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
He curled his nails inside i guess.... Rolling Eyes

This ANTEATER from the toobs have the toes of front paws similar to those from the back paws! This poor guy will broke the nails! Sad
Fortunately the larger one has the toes and nails curled DOWNWARDS! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:12 am

Roger wrote:
Some doubled 1:1 scaled ants to trade, very realistic like all my stuff! Organic material without pvc! Made in Portugal without tag! Wink

Continuing with the Safari Accuracy... Oh no... after Willy I think will get some conversation with Kiki monkey... what kind of front paws are those from this giant anteater???? I need to see the larger figure.... affraid

Don't worry about the bigger one, she has no problem with her paws Wink

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 2:00 pm

[quote="Kikimalou"]
Roger wrote:

Don't worry about the bigger one, she has no problem with her paws Wink

Yes she looks very nice, I need this female and the baby in my collection! More realistic than the Schleich one!
It makes more strange the wrong paws in smaller figure! I know that toobs figures are less accurate but no reason to this flaw!
Thanks for your picture!
If anyone can find this anteater in local shops let me know and I trade with a CollectA, Papo or Schleich figures! The same for the Aardvark or Arabian oryx! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:26 am

I agree that the Safari anteater is very accurate! Cool

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 10:26 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I agree that the Safari anteater is very accurate! Cool

Ahahah! Willy, Kiki already sent me one! Is absolutly fantastic! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 7:18 pm

Actually, the Green Tree Python, is not a bad figure, and it's a nice size if you need a snake for a jungle diorama!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd   Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd Empty

Back to top Go down

Rainforest TOOB from Safari Ltd
Page 1 of 1