Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020

Go down 
+8
NightLioness
Tarunyada
Roger
lucky luke
widukind
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
Liiolii
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Liiolii

Liiolii

Country/State : Finland

Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptySat May 09, 2015 12:36 pm

This is a thread for my newest animal additions. I have still problems with uploading pics - those url's etc. are bit tricky for me - so please be patient, if you can't see my photos immediately...or there is something else odd... Just learning the system!  study

So, my newest Schleich animals! I'm a bit disappointed in the seagull - eyes are too cartoonish, in my honest opinion. The silver color of wings is nice, however. Seahorse is smaller than I thought, but cute. I like to collect sealife and birds, of course. I tried to concentrate to collecting only birds earlier (and sealife and... and...) but I can't resist when I see well shaped and nicely painted figurines - even elephants!!  tongue This time I bought some animals of Northern forests, too. No monkeys, you see...  monkey

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And then my new Papos. Which one is my favorite - I can't decide yet. In general, I prefer Papo to Schleich, but there is only one store in Finland where you can find Papos... and Schleichs are everywhere.

Last edited by Liiolii on Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:45 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptySat May 09, 2015 12:56 pm

It looks like Flickr changed the format again Mad Don't feel bad if you can't figure it out - I don't understand this new version either!

Lovely new models you've acquired, congrats!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptySat May 09, 2015 1:06 pm

Wonderful additions cheers
I love those Papos also, - perhaps the snake most, - but yes ! It is hard to choose Wink

We have the same here, - schleich everywhere, and a ridiculous prices because they don't have competition silent , - but you found some really nice ones Very Happy

Is your seagul made in China ? I think the German made one is slightly less cartoonish ....

Arrrgh ! It is irritating when they keep changing the places where you can upload pictures, - well, I suppose they think they improve geek Laughing

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptySat May 09, 2015 4:15 pm

Nice additions

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptySat May 09, 2015 9:12 pm

Wonderful additions Very Happy cheers Applause Cool
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptySat May 09, 2015 11:07 pm

Those are all great figures, my favorite of them is the Papo cobra. Very Happy Not a question of reptilian taste, I just think it is the figure that better represents the real thing. Though, as I told, all others are really nice. Very Happy
I hope you figure a easy way to manage with how to post pictures, when we can't find an easy way, it turns boring but with time, I am sure you'll find it funny. Very Happy

Liiolii

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 3:52 pm

Thanks for nice comments!

SUSANNE wrote:

Is your seagul made in China ? I think the German made one is slightly less cartoonish ....

Yes, it's Chinese... What a surprise. (Not really.)

Well, I have to say I'm really waiting September and coming of Schleich watering hole!! Any opinions, without seeing it in real, folks? I afraid I have to move in a bigger apartment soon... Shocked The watering hole is quite big - so where to put it? On a kitchen table? Do you think it's just for children - I mean, for playing? The surface of water seems nice in pictures, I think.
Link
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 5:11 pm

Congratulations with your additions Very Happy That Papo barn owl is still on my wishlist, what a beauty.. <3

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Liiolii

Liiolii

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:39 pm

Oh no, just found a Finnish online toy store selling all CollectA's for 2 € (normal 3,90-7,90 €). bounce

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 1:59 pm

Liiolii wrote:
Oh no, just found a Finnish online toy store selling all CollectA's for 2 € (normal 3,90-7,90 €). bounce

Whaaaaa???? affraid cyclops bounce

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:06 pm

Ooh! Where!? bounce

Liiolii

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:50 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Ooh! Where!? bounce

In Lelushoppi store: Lelushoppi
Unfortunately their models are quite "basic", not the best examples of CollectA, but I bought some wildlife, however.  tongue

And... I found another store, too, selling CollectA (with normal prices). Yeah, a lot of Googling today.  Rolling Eyes
Pinkorblue
Their postages are huge, which is a big minus, but they have a nice variety of wild animals. I did't buy anything yet there, I have to eat, too... Wink  But it's always nice (and rare!) to find a store selling other brands that Schleich in Finland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:37 pm

Beautiful additions! Very Happy bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptySat May 16, 2015 12:30 am

€2 each, wow.
too bad i dont read Finnish so i cant find details on ordering and postage.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptySat May 16, 2015 2:34 am

Older but still very charming models, can't wait to see which ones you picked out Very Happy

Liiolii

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 9:56 am

Ok, time to share pics of my late Christmas pressies! These are Schleich wildlife. The ostrich was a free extra, nice to get it.

And these are Papo's. I have to say that I fell immediately love in the dimetrodon!  I love you I suppose I'll start to collect pre-historic wildlife, too. I never knew that it could be so fascinating subject. (I have always thought that dinosaurs are more like 5y-old-boys interest, haha!) But I can't collect everything.  Rolling Eyes I should do some serious decisions soon, hmm...  scratch  

Here are the newest wildlife additions with Schleich river and water fall playsets. I really like the water, Schleich had done it well, though the fall-part was quite tricky to join to the cave. "Water" shimmers in the light very naturally. I think I don't purchase the watering-hole though, it seems to be way too big.

I got another free extra: Safari frogs and turtles. Nice but I already had these.

That's all. Did I say I love the dimetrodon? (Even he should brush his teeth! Some bad painting there, but I don't care.)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 10:07 am

Nice additions :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 11:38 am

It seems your favorite is Papo dimetrodon and be sure that it is a magnificent figure! You're in troubles now. Collecting prehistoric figures is obviously not exclusive from boys and we know some devoted women collecting them. Very Happy
Oh, such a strange feeling when I watched your beautiful picture with the playsets. I thought, how could I have never noticed these great Schleich hippos? OK, they are Papo instead. I almost forgot these two wonders existed. Schleich flamingo and oryx are also great figures.
About the Safari Toob you have now in double, it is hard to understand why this tube was never popular. Actually, it feature some interesting species. We are even missing some on Toy Animal Wiki. Maybe the mistake from the company was when they decided to mix turtles and frogs. They fixed it now, I guess.

Liiolii

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 6:02 am

Roger wrote:
You're in troubles now.

INDEED! Laughing

Thank you for commenting, Widukind and Roger. I have borrowed and read some dinosaur books now. Unfortunately almost all dinosaur books I have found are made for the kids. But I have a lot to learn about the subject, so any information is needed.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 8:58 am

Liiolii wrote:
Roger wrote:
You're in troubles now.

INDEED! Laughing

Thank you for commenting, Widukind and Roger. I have borrowed and read some dinosaur books now. Unfortunately almost all dinosaur books I have found are made for the kids. But I have a lot to learn about the subject, so any information is needed.

Laughing Laughing I know this lol!
And Papo's dinos are ever so charming cheers

There are lots of good books - for adults too - about prehistoric life. The problem is that they becom outdated retger fast, as science discovers more all the time Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 9:05 pm

Liiolii wrote:
Roger wrote:
You're in troubles now.

INDEED! Laughing

Reading dinosaur books is something very pleasant. I think those books for kids are the right ones when we are just starting. They help us recognizing the most common group of dinosaurs. They also often feature some nice draws. When you are confortable with the main lines of the theme, you can obviously read more advanced books even if they are often outdated as Susanne pointed. Very Happy

Liiolii

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 2:14 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

There are lots of good books - for adults too - about prehistoric life. The problem is that they becom outdated retger fast, as science discovers more all the time  Very Happy

I suppose I could rather easily purchase for example Steve Parker's book Dinosaurus (Second Edition). By the way – I just learnt that actually Dimetrodon is not a dinosaur... lol!

But it's time to share my newest additions. I went to a local toy store. The Schleich shelf was a real disappointment: only few wild life animals, some dogs, more horses, but nothing very interesting. I usually buy figurines online, beacause it's cheaper and the variety is larger, but this time I couldn't resist and bought two figures anyway.

It's more exciting to go to flea markets, because you can't never know what you find there (usually just nothing). I like treasure hunting! I visited Emmaus flea market near my home today. I bought these Schleich elephants. I don't need a duplicate but they were sold "as a family". A cheap purchase anyway. I'll give the more damaged one away.

Then I found my very first non-Schleich-Papo-Collecta figurine. I saw a bigger scale tiger in a box. It was K&M International's Siberian tiger (Series: Large animal figures)! Happy happy! It costed only 0,5 €.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 5:01 pm

That is a very good start indeed. Dimetrodons are not dinosaurs indeed. You will probably find that plesiosaurs and pterosaurs are neither. But, you already learned something more fruitful to this hobby. Flea markets are the best place for collectors. Look at it, for just 0,50€ you've found the long retired K&M large solide Siberian tiger! Shocked To give you an idea, I collect foxes already for years, with the help of the good friends on forum, and I still don't ahve the fennec fox of that same series. cat

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Nice additions again :)

Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 11:50 pm

Roger wrote:
That is a very good start indeed. Dimetrodons are not dinosaurs indeed. You will probably find that plesiosaurs and pterosaurs are neither. But, you already learned something more fruitful to this hobby. Flea markets are the best place for collectors. Look at it, for just 0,50€ you've found the long retired K&M large solide Siberian tiger! Shocked To give you an idea, I collect foxes already for years, with the help of the good friends on forum, and I still don't ahve the fennec fox of that same series. cat

That K&M fennec fox is extremely rare but coincidentally there was one other one on eBay the same time I got mine. Unfortunately, it was part of a bundle of 54 other rare K&M and PV figures up for auction...I watched in horror as the bid climbed and climbed day after day. The entire lot including that K&M Fennec Fox sold for $676.00 USD!!! affraid

Amazing the great lengths collectors will go to obtain rare figures!

0,50€ is an absolute bargin for such a rare figure! I hope you are able to obtain the two adorable cubs that go with it someday. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 Empty

Back to top Go down

Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next