Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How often do you dust your collection?

Go down 
+3
Dutch Bear
NightLioness
LeeAnn
7 posters

Weekly
How often do you dust your collection? Vote_lcap7%How often do you dust your collection? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Every other week or so
How often do you dust your collection? Vote_lcap4%How often do you dust your collection? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Monthly
How often do you dust your collection? Vote_lcap7%How often do you dust your collection? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Every other month or so
How often do you dust your collection? Vote_lcap11%How often do you dust your collection? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 3 ]
Twice a year
How often do you dust your collection? Vote_lcap19%How often do you dust your collection? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
Once a year
How often do you dust your collection? Vote_lcap4%How often do you dust your collection? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Every few years
 4% [ 1 ]
I'm supposed to remove the dust!?!?
How often do you dust your collection? Vote_lcap15%How often do you dust your collection? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
Everything is behind glass, so I don't need to dust
How often do you dust your collection? Vote_lcap11%How often do you dust your collection? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 3 ]
I just don't.
How often do you dust your collection? Vote_lcap18%How often do you dust your collection? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

How often do you dust your collection? Empty
PostSubject: How often do you dust your collection?   How often do you dust your collection? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 8:15 pm

This is something that comes up in the model horse hobby every now and then. How concerned are you about dust on your collection?

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: How often do you dust your collection?   How often do you dust your collection? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 8:54 pm

Hahaha, one already voted for: I'm supposed to remove the dust?!?! XD

Well, not that concerned Wink On the white models I do, because dust can be very sticky.
Also, with 4 cats and a dog, although my entire collection is upstairs, it can be a bit hairy XD

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: How often do you dust your collection?   How often do you dust your collection? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 11:41 am

Everything is behind glass, so I don't need to dust..... well I dusted my collection in the glasscabinet last year, for the first time in 5 years.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: How often do you dust your collection?   How often do you dust your collection? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 11:26 pm

I have no idea how often I dust mine scratch ...now and then Laughing Laughing

Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: How often do you dust your collection?   How often do you dust your collection? EmptyFri May 29, 2015 12:24 am

I never dust my items. if i need to , i run a dusty item under running water to wash it off
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: How often do you dust your collection?   How often do you dust your collection? EmptyFri May 29, 2015 9:02 am

Takama wrote:
I never dust my items. if i need to , i run a dusty item under running water to wash it off

I do that also sometimes, - but usually the shelves are more dusty than the models Laughing

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: How often do you dust your collection?   How often do you dust your collection? EmptyFri May 29, 2015 9:37 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Takama wrote:

I do that also sometimes, - but usually the shelves are more dusty than the models Laughing

Indeed! Especially when the shelves are white affraid Laughing

*Valencia Stables*

Country/State : Arizona

PostSubject: Re: How often do you dust your collection?   How often do you dust your collection? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 1:42 am

I dust about twice a year. My horses once, and my people and bayala twice or thrice. My buildings I dust every week, the roofes get dusty! Like the little glass windows in the roof of the 2014 stable, 3 times a week, one of the OCD things! But my fairy orb thingy I dusted for the first time, such a pain since you have to get into the cobblestone cracks!
Back to top Go down
TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: How often do you dust your collection?   How often do you dust your collection? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 6:37 pm

Hmm, than it's time to clean the apartment very studiously I'm the one having to whip away dust from everywhere, that includes my collection.
Otherwise it's then I notice the shelf is more grey than black. Most of them is behind glass for now, and don't need dusting so often, but some of them is
standing on black shelves. I can get rather annoyed if I touch the shelf and the dust becomes "uneven". But at the same time I just really don't like having
to pick up all the stablemates for cleaning, they are on one of the black shelves Neutral
I'd say I dust every other month or so, sometimes more often, sometimes it takes longer... My concept of time is ridiculously bad.
Much of the dusting is for the shelves and not the animals. The animals I mostly just runs my fingers over.
I'm afraid of damaging them otherwise... I tried to clean a stablemate with water and a bit of paper once and removed the paint...
It's not like they are standing in the kitchen so no sticky dust as of now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How often do you dust your collection?   How often do you dust your collection? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1