Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Information about AAA models ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

Information about AAA models ? Empty
PostSubject: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:17 pm

I wonder if anyone could give me any information about AAA models. I have asked some fellow collectors here in the UK but all we know is that they were sold in a toy shop called the Early Learning Centre.

I only just realised that I had quite a large collection of them which I sold a few years ago online, Elephants, Zebras, Kangaroo etc. I think I only have 6 of their dogs, two not shown on the site.

So are they easy to get a hold of ? Are they still made ?

I ask as the shop where I originally got them from, The Early Learning Centre, has stopped selling them and is selling Schleich instead.

I hope this is in the correct place. I am self taught German so do not understand a lot Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
HKHollinstone
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 6:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I wonder if anyone could give me any information about AAA models. I have asked some fellow collectors here in the UK but all we know is that they were sold in a toy shop called the Early Learning Centre.

I only just realised that I had quite a large collection of them which I sold a few years ago online, Elephants, Zebras, Kangaroo etc. I think I only have 6 of their dogs, two not shown on the site.

I ask as the shop where I originally got them from, The Early Learning Centre, has stopped selling them and is selling Schleich instead.

I hope this is in the correct place. I am self taught German so do not understand a lot Embarassed
You can buy AAA or ELC on eBay, but they are (or were?) a part of Schleich, I mean schleich produced them for places like Early Learning Centre. Yes, they are still made, but I don't know who makes them now.

I don't know much about their background, so I'll leave it for others to say.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
stecal

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 7:23 pm

hi there are hundreds of them on ebay uk usually sold as elc animals not aaa the sealife centres still sell the sharks whales etc heres a web site that shows what is still being produced
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
Rio

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyFri May 07, 2010 4:01 am

Thank you Very Happy

Yes, when I sold mine I put them as ELC animals. I had no idea about AAA. I regret selling them now, especially the Zebra and Camels Mad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyFri May 07, 2010 5:42 am

You can buy AAA or ELC on eBay, but they are (or were?) a part of Schleich, I mean schleich produced them for places like Early Learning Centre. Yes, they are still made, but I don't know who makes them now.

It´s not right that Schleich produced them. AAA was never a part of Schleich. In the 90´s Schleich and Bullyland bought some figures from AAA and sold them with own article numbers in their own programm.
Back to top Go down
http://sts-forum.forumieren.de
HKHollinstone
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyFri May 07, 2010 5:55 am

It´s not right that Schleich produced them. AAA was never a part of Schleich. In the 90´s Schleich and Bullyland bought some figures from AAA and sold them with own article numbers in their own programm.
Sorry for giving wrong information Torben. I guess you're the best person to answer this question.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:04 am

I bought the adult hippo long time ago under the ELC name here in Holland, but it is a AAA figurine obvious...

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:18 am

I just sorted out my little collection and of all the animals I bought from ELC, only a few are AAA animals. The rest are marked ELC. I did just win a auction on eBay for a set of three Zebras. Two are ones that I sold a few years ago (childhood memories have already come flooding back) but the other Zebra, I'm not sure what make it is.

I shall have to look when they arrive.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:22 am

Well, AAA is the same as ELC in this case i think...
But not always marked as AAA.
Please make pictures of your new ones when they arrive, then we can see what it is... :)

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Mon May 10, 2010 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:42 am

I just sorted out my little collection and of all the animals I bought from ELC, only a few are AAA animals. The rest are marked ELC. I did just win a auction on eBay for a set of three Zebras. Two are ones that I sold a few years ago (childhood memories have already come flooding back) but the other Zebra, I'm not sure what make it is.

I shall have to look when they arrive.

Sometimes you only have one A in a circle and sometimes you will find ELC but, as Willy said, those models are often AAA Wink
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:51 am

I only know double B, BB, Brigitte Bardot... tongue queen

Ok, i know a nice joke about that theme...just of topic for short...

A woman knew that her husband loved Brigitte Bardot very much, so she decided to make a very special birthday present for him.
On both cheeks of her butt, she let herself tattood with a huge B, so together it would form BB when she turned her back to her husband...
When she came home the same evening, she kept it a secret for a while, untill it was time to go to bed.
Her husband was already waiting in bed, waiting for his present...
Then she came out of the shower, turned her back on him, bent over forwards, and let down her panties, and said...
Do you like it???
Then the man said...
Who the F@@@ck is BOB? Wink Shocked Rolling Eyes affraid question

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:55 am

Laughing Laughing pig
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:08 am

Yes, i know i am a pig haha. 🐰

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:49 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:51 am

Wink

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 11:12 am

In recent years, B. Bardot is a passionate advocate for animal rights, is she not? Of course, she is also a follower Jean-Marie Le Pen and the Front National. What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 11:23 am

Yes, she was, or still is...
What political preferences she has, i don't know...
The right movement in politics tend to be winning here in Europe the last years, as things go bad and worse the last years, i can understand the people around here...
Maybe not good actually, but i hope it shakes up the stubborn, old fashionned and stuffed politicians around here... Cool

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:05 pm

In recent years, B. Bardot is a passionate advocate for animal rights, is she not? Of course, she is also a follower Jean-Marie Le Pen and the Front National. What a Face

Absolutely Phil, absolutely pirat What a Face
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Numaan

Country/State : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:03 am

AAA models are still avalable and sold in all Early Learning centres but the range varies...
Back to top Go down
Rio

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:12 am

True, although they are fazing them out now it seems Sad

ELC nearest me has a few animals left at half price.
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 8:25 am

I´d never hear about AAA models until now O.o

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
malinablue

Country/State : Maryland, United States

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 3:01 am

This is an old thread, but maybe somebody is still watching and can help me with my question. I am after some AAA/ ELC non-animal figures. Apparently, they made this tiny mini line of mythical creatures. I think they are very small, the size of those figures sold in various tubes. Does anyone know anything about these?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], on Flickr

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], on Flickr

Thanks for any help.

Cindy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 6:53 am

This is an old thread, but maybe somebody is still watching and can help me with my question. I am after some AAA/ ELC non-animal figures. Apparently, they made this tiny mini line of mythical creatures. I think they are very small, the size of those figures sold in various tubes. Does anyone know anything about these?

Thanks for any help.

Cindy

Welcome here, but sorry i dont have any informations about that

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 8:07 am

Hi, Malina, and welcome here Very Happy

They are ever so beautyful ! Much better than the TOOB ones from Safari. Rolling Eyes
I have a tiny AAA Centaur . Perhaps he is from that set ?
He was on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , but it is some years ago.
If you want, I can take a picture Very Happy

malinablue

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 9:46 am

I would love to see a picture, Susanne. I have not seen that one at all. I collect miniatures on mythology, fairy tales, legends, and art and history. I'd really love to find this set, but it is either rare or I am not searching with the proper terms.

cindy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 10:41 am

I am very happy to show this little model. He is ever so neat , isn't he ? Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 10:56 am

Thanks for any help.

Cindy

Welcome on forum Cindy! Very Happy It is hard to be sure when these figures are really retired because they are made to be sold under several brand names. Though, surely E-Bay is the best place to find them. You can sse also, another centaur like Susanne is showing more two dragons, from Valérie's collection, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 9:10 am

Thanks for any help.

Cindy

This is from te same line as my mini-centaur, my mini-chinese dragons and my mini-european dragon!!!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 9:46 am

This set was sold in the ELC shops in the UK as a tube of mythical figures.I had the tube but sadly traded it a few years ago.I think the set had 2 models of each creature in the set.

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 10:16 am

Taos, thank you for that info. Do you happen to remember how many different figures total there are? Also - were the 2 figures per set the same or were there variations? I wish I knew the exact name of this tube, as I am having difficulty finding a single one. They are either really rare, or I am not looking with the correct search terms.

Cindy
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 8:17 am

I think there was about 9-10 models and 2 of each in a tube.I have a look on Ebay here in the UK and they seem to be hard to fine-just like you mentioned.I will keep a look out for you for the models as they sometimes appear in second hand shops and car boot sales. Smile

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 9:59 am

Thank you very much, Taos. I would be most happy to find them.
Back to top Go down
aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: AAA website   Information about AAA models ? EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 1:53 pm

Hi Guys,

Well, in the past few days, I have done some digging, and I found that the company AAA still exists, albeit in Hong Kong. They do have a website, I think. The Address is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] They also have an email address [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. And a phone number, too, which I haven't tried yet, but here it is: 8522-741-2733. Well, that's all the information I could find.

Anna

P.S. Does anyone have any more item numbers for me?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Thanks

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 9:00 pm

Thanks, Anna Very Happy
A very minimalistic page, but interesting all the same Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 10:44 am

I added the link at the wiki although it doesn't provide any important information to collectors. Though, maybe it worth trying to contact them. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Information about AAA models ?
Page 1 of 1