Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Information about AAA models ?

Go down 
+18
Tupolew Tu-154
ROBINJOSEPHISAAKKENDALL
aschuck
Taos
Bowhead Whale
Roger
SUSANNE
widukind
malinablue
SyLoBe
Numa
schleich61
Kikimalou
WILLYBACOMAN
Admin
stecal
HKHollinstone
Rio
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

Information about AAA models ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 11:45 pm

ROBINJOSEPHISAAKKENDALL wrote:
landrover wrote:
Very interesting.Applause Applause

Does this figure have the AAA symbol printed on it? Photo please.
Yep, it's got the letters and the logo.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks.

aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: AAA still there? Yeah they are.   Information about AAA models ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2021 5:06 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Okay, whoever said that about the latest AAA activity being in 2017, well, correction, my Mamejo catalog says "Coming soon in Summer of 2018," and I've had my catalog for a couple of years, so it's pretty old. Somehow, I was able to obtain a link to the Mamejo 2021 catalog, although I don't remember what the link said exactly just now. Oh well. I do know that the link had something to do with the website flipping book dot com, or something like that. I just don't remember the actual text. Christy's toy outlet sent me the link in an email awhile ago, so I was able to see the catalog with my mom's help. Anyway, to answer all your questions, AAA is still there, and up and running, except for the past 8 months, because of the pandemic. I heard that from Christy's Toy outlet. Anyway, this info is all I have. Besides the catalog, anyway. If anyone has any more information, then let me know. Because I'm on the hunt for AAA models.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 2:38 am

I just bought a set consisting of AAA marked figures at a Lakeshore Learning store. They had this Forest Animals set, and a Farm Animals set which I didn't get (terribly expensive) but I recognize at least a few of the figures on the box as AAA. I also found a partial box of Learning Resources Ocean Animals at a thrift store awhile back; the figures were a mix which included AAA.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 5:26 am

I don't recognize the wolf (!!!) but all the others are known AAA sculpts. What a great catch! Especially, of course, the howling gray wolf.  drunken

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 3:17 pm

Great additions!!agree with Paige with regards to the models being AAA but again don't recognise the wolf.

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2023 1:23 am

Unfortunately the wolf wasn't in the set. They had a small sitting/howling wolf stamped AAA instead.
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: AAA Forest animals?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2023 6:55 pm

Dear Pipsxlch,

Hi there, could you tell me which AAA figures were in the forest Animals set, as I'm interested in getting some of these from lakeshore learning for my collection. So, the question is: what AAA figures came in the forest animals set? If you could describe them to me that would be great. Also, mom and I looked at the lakeshore learning website, and there's a wild animals classic set, a dinosaurs classic set, a farm classic set, an ocean animals classic set, and of course, the forest one that you got. Each set has around 18 animals in it. I'm only telling you this, so that you can check it out for yourself. Right now, mom and I are in the process of gathering information about these sets, so your descriptions of the forest animals would be very useful.

Thanks in advance,

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 5:13 am

Anna, I will post descriptions of them tomorrow when I have more time to take them out and describe them fully. If your mom has described the photo on the box to you, i think all of the figures are as pictured except for the wolf.
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Thanks for describing   Information about AAA models ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 5:33 am

Dear Pipsxlch,

Yes, yes, yes! Post your descriptions! The info will be very useful, as mom and I haven't been able to find really good pictures of these figures yet. At this point, we're still investigating this whole thingy, of lakeshore learning carrying AAA. Anyway, if you could describe your figures for me, that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 3:46 am

Anna, I have the box here with me, so will describe them as I pick them up. I will not descibe the material, as they all seem to be typical AAA heavy rubbery plastic. They all seem to have the fur sculpted in.
1. Small wolf sitting on its haunches and howling, perhaps 3" tall. Its eyes are closed, and its tail is curled around it. It is sculpted in adult proportions, not those of a pup. It is a dark brownish grey.
2. Adult fox, presumably red fox. It is about 5" long, and 2" at the highest point (its eartips). It is sculpted male. It is standing with its left foreleg raised, as if in mid stride. Its head is turned to the right. Its head and tail are held fairly low. It is a golden tan color, with a heavy dark grey overspray, white on the belly and ears, and blue eyes.
3. Fox pup, about 2" high, closely matches the adult. Colors are the same. It is sitting down and looking up. The tail is curled around its right side.
4. Bull moose adult, about 7" long and 6" high at the highest point (the tips of the antlers). It is standing, facing slightly left. It is also a yellowish tan, with dark overspray on the face and brown antlers and beard.
5. Fawn, in a jumping posture. Total length is perhaps 5", as the legs extend beyond the body to the front and back. Height at the tips of the ears is about 2". It looks like a young fawn, but it does not have spots. It is dark brown with a white belly and red eyes. The tail is up, but it is very tiny. It is facing forward.
6. Black bear, maybe 7" long and 4" high. This is a heavy substantial figure, with the fur sculpting detail over the shoulders very nice. It is standing facing forward, and snarling. It is solid black except for the eyes- dark brown almost covered by the black pupils- and mouth, with a light pink palate, dark pink tongue, and white canines and incisors. A very nice detail is the ridges sculpted into the palate.
7. Whitetail deer buck, 6" to 7" at the highest point of the antlers. He is sculpted very thin and tall. He is standing facing slightly to the left. He is a medium brown, with red eyes and white inside his ears, down his belly and on/around his lowered tail.
8. Owl, standing but with its wings extended as if in flight. Wingtip to wingtip is 6" to 7", though height is less than 2". It is facing forward. It is a medium Golden brown, with white around the edges of the wings and tail, also brushed lightly on the cheeks and beard. The eyes are yellow, outlined in black. The beak and claws are also black. There is black barring on the back, wings, and tail.
9. Raccoon, about 4" and less than 2" in height. It is standing facing slightly to the left and slightly crouched, with its tail curled a little downward. It is dark grey, with white on its belly, and white stripes on its tail and face. The only paint on the eyes is the black pupils. The legs are a darker grey.
10. Chipmunk, sitting up holding a nut(?) it has taken a bite from. It is 2" or a little more high. It is facing left, with its tail curled over its left hip. It is an orangey tan color, with the underside left the blank yellow plastic. The tail and nose to forehead between the ears is black. It has a white stripe above and below each eye, with black around those stripes. The nut is orange and brown, with the inside red.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 4:13 am

11. Brown bear, as heavy as the black but a different sculpt. It appears to be walking, with its head turned left. It is about 6" long and 4" high. Unlike the other bear, it has a calm expression and its mouth is only slightly open. It is a light orangey tan/brown with a dark brown belly. The eyes are yellow. The skin around the eyes, lips and nose are dark brown. Inside the mouth is a dark pinkish brown.
12. Another raccoon, identical to the first.
13. Tortoise, medium brown on top and left the whitish plastic on the bottom. The only other paint is a wash of black to bring out the details top and bottom. It is about 3" long and a little over q" high. It is resting on its belly, with its head turned left.
14. Hedgehog, looks rather like an African pygmy hedgehog? It is about 1" high and 2" or a bit long. It is sitting facing forward. It is made of a tan plastic, with its neck and back (areas with quills) painted black and brushed with white to bring out the deeply sculpted quill details. The eyes and nose are red.
15. Another chipmunk identical to the first.
16. Brown bear cub, standing on its hind legs and walking forward like a human. It's right leg is forward, and it has its left foreleg is raised. It looks like its smiling and it has a tiny green leaf in its mouth. The stamp is on its bum. It is about 4" high.
17. Brown bear cub sitting, facing left. It has its left foreleg between its back feet and its right foreleg raised holding a green leaf. It has another leaf hanging out the left side of its mouth. It is maybe a little less than 3" tall. It also has its stamp on its bum, but it is a more attractive figure that doesn't have a silly smile.
18. Bald eagle, in the same pose as the owl- standing facing forward, with its wings spread as if in flight. It is 7"-8" from wingtip to wingtip and a little over an inch high. It is medium brown, fading to white on the wing edges, with a white head and tail. The feet, beak and eyes are orange, with the eyes outlined black.
19. Tortoise, same as the first only this one is only peeking out of its shell. Only the fire legs are out of the shell; they are folded tight against the sides.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 4:16 am

Forgot one
20. Beaver crouched on its belly facing forward, about 4" long and 1" high. It is a uniform dark grey with a slight whitish detailing of the ears and muzzle. The oddly tiny smooth tail is dark brown and held behind it.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 6:31 pm

Fantastic job describing these figures, Kelly. It is also useful to me because my eyes are also defintely not the best. cheers

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: AAA animal figures exchange   Information about AAA models ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 4:18 am

Hello friends, I collect a lot of AAA animal figures and would like to share with you if you have some. Please email me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: AliExpress   Information about AAA models ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 5:52 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey guys, I was just wondering, does any one know if the website Ali Express is a good place to find AAA figures? The reason why I ask is because I'm looking for other places, besides ebay, to get my figures from. Anyway, I have taken notes about the lakeshore learning sets, and I think I'll get a few just to see how well they work in my collection. Well, this is all the news I have for now, so if anything changes as far as new additions goes, I'll let you know.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 11:06 am

aschuck wrote:
Dear Sts Friends:

Hey  guys, I was just wondering, does any one know if the website Ali Express is a good place to find AAA figures?  The reason why I ask is because I'm looking for other places, besides ebay, to get my figures from. Anyway, I have taken notes about the lakeshore learning sets, and I think I'll get a few just to see how well they work in my collection.  Well, this is all the news I have for now, so if anything changes as far as new additions goes, I'll let you know.

Aschuck

I could imagine that the figures could not be marked with AAA by AliExpress

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Information about AAA models ?   Information about AAA models ? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Information about AAA models ?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3