Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .

Go down 
+7
Megaptera
Kikimalou
donny ong
LukaLeon085
widukind
weaselfan93
SUSANNE
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

whale - Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale . Empty
PostSubject: Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .   whale - Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale . EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 10:45 pm

Do you know the feeling : You have ordered something online, and when you open the parcel, a model surprises you by being is just so gorgeous that your world fills with joy and sunshine  cheers  sunny  Very Happy  sunny  bounce  cheers
That was my feeling when I got two of the large whales from Safari's Monterey Bay series !!!

One of ( if not THE) first sea animals I ever got was MB's giant squid. And it certainly IS GIANT.
So after that I have only had whale calves...but now I really wanted to see the adults ;-)

And ...WOW !!!! Very Happy
I just can't let them out of my sight. They stand on my bedside table at night, and in the sitting room at day  Laughing

BUT ! There was a problem when I wanted to show them here : They are much too large for my normal "studio"  scratch

At first I took the outside and put them on railing of the terrasse, but it was too narrow.
Then I put a piece of paper double the size of the mentioned "studio" on a tile in the grass. Holy Hopping etc  affraid
The pictures that came out of it are to horrible, but also so enormously funny, I have to show them to you  lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What to do ?  Shocked
Then I remembered that I have a blue table cloth that my Mom gave to me many years ago, - it must be large enough !
Yes it is, - but there are flowers on it !!! Well, it has to be sea-flowers, so here we go Wink

The Humpback baby must be very very young !

She is much smaller than Mom's fin  Laughing

Look at that face !

All the detail !!! Very Happy

As ofen before, photos don't do a model justice, and part of the charm of these whales are the size, the feel, the weight...they are just impressive !
But I can show some details and hopefully give you an idea  Rolling Eyes

The gray whale is quite different, - of course she is -  but awesome too !
Totally streamlined and smooth,  - this is a truely impressive crature !
Wikipedia writes  "It reaches a length of 14.9 meters (49 ft), a weight of 36 tonnes" , and still this model shows the stunning beauty and elegance of the huge mammal !

The calf I have is older and shows how the paintwork must have changed :

Quite a different shape from the Humpback whale .

And look at the face !
I sincerely believe that this whale would give the whalers so much fight that they called it a "Devil fish"....hmmm, I know who I think was the devil there  Evil or Very Mad

You can see that this is a very intelligent creature, and kind if not attacked.

Lots of fine detail Very Happy

Thankyou for watching, - and sorry for all my writing Embarassed Laughing

weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .   whale - Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale . EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 11:15 pm

nice whales, Susanne. I have the entire series in a glass cabinet display.

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .   whale - Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale . EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 8:13 am

weaselfan93 wrote:
nice whales, Susanne. I have the entire series in a glass cabinet display.

WOW ! That must be an awesome sight !!! cheers
Is your camera working ? I would love to see a picture bounce Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .   whale - Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale . EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 9:24 am

I like these whales so much :) Big congratulations :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .   whale - Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale . EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 11:38 am

widukind wrote:
I like these whales so much :) Big congratulations :)

cheers cheers

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .   whale - Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale . EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 1:03 pm

U___a____o Shocked

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .   whale - Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale . EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 2:58 am

Very beautiful painting! I believe Safari could make a really nice paintjob if they want to!
Congrats Susanne!

Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .   whale - Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale . EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 4:49 am

Susanne, I'm just curious, what Monterey Bay figures are you still missing? I thought you owned the entire collection. scratch Very Happy

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .   whale - Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale . EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 7:32 am

Congratulation Susanne (and Lance Wink ), those are really awesome figures Applause  The only MB whale I have is the Spermwhale and it is absolutely awesome sunny

And now I will explain to my daughter I know a lady who have two whales in her bedroom every night... A good start for a story Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .   whale - Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale . EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 9:00 am

weaselfan93 wrote:
Susanne, I'm just curious, what Monterey Bay figures are you still missing? I thought you owned the entire collection. scratch Very Happy

I don't have the sperm whales, and the dolphin calf Wink

Btw, I would LOVE a comparison photo of the MB sperm whale calf and the wild Safari adult sperm whale, if anybody has them  Very Happy

Kikimalou wrote:
 The only MB whale I have is the Spermwhale and it is absolutely awesome sunny

Ohh, I would love a walkaround from you  bounce  bounce

Kikimalou wrote:

And now I will explain to my daughter I know a lady who have two whales in her bedroom every night... A good start for a story Laughing

cheers  lol!  lol!

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .   whale - Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale . EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 10:47 am

I cannot see the pics Sad
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .   whale - Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale . EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 10:59 am

Megaptera wrote:

That's because of the Photobucket problem Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .   whale - Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale . EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 1:47 pm

NightLioness wrote:
Megaptera wrote:

That's because of the Photobucket problem Wink

Yes, DARNED !!!!
I I can't even make copies, because Photobucket is flooded with silly adverts Evil or Very Mad

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .   whale - Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale . EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 2:04 pm

I wanted to see the Humpback Whale, because Balaenoptera said that this is the best Humpback Whale figure of all brands.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .   whale - Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale . EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 9:53 am

Searching for whales I've found this topic about two superb whale figures that I missed for all these years! Sleep One of the most spectacular I had in my hands was the fabulous Schleich/Maia & Borges humpback whale and I also believe the Monterey model is even more impressive although it is hard to immagine seeing pictures. I wonder the excitment of having the chance of enjoying these models in real. It is a pity the comparison picture between both humpback whales got lost.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .   whale - Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale . EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 11:35 am

Such a beautiful pair of whales! drunken cheers cheers
I can completely see why these two made you so happy- they are stunning in every detail! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Rakel

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .   whale - Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale . EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 4:09 pm

Wow... they are beautiful and impressive and it seems fitting that such big animals also have big toy figure representations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .   whale - Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale . Empty

Back to top Go down

Monterey Bay humpback whale and grey whale .
Page 1 of 1