Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015

Go down 
+16
Jetty
JackyLovertjex
Silver Unicornis
Kikimalou
A-J
goatherder
Roger
Geospiza fortis
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Florian
SUSANNE
Ana
costicuba
LeeAnn
NightLioness
Tarunyada
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 10:28 pm

Is there maybe room for one more (A)?

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 12:17 am

It is incredible how we get attached to our community! I am not going but I feel a big joy anytime I see someone saying that is going to be there. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I really hope you all have a great journey, that you enjoy a lot and of course that you share everything with other members. Very Happy

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 12:43 am

Tarunyada wrote:
NightLioness wrote:
It is official! I can come the 21 of November! So Julie, Florian and I will come to Anna the 21 of November. Anyone else??? Very Happy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH this made my day I love you Joepie de poepie Very Happy

cheers sunny cheers

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 4:40 pm

We have one month from now so I would like to order materials. I would like to order one package of Super Sculpey for each person. But perhaps any of you already have this clay and don't have to buy? Also, please let me know if you prefer soft, medium or firm version of SS. I use medium blend. Firm is too hard for me and soft is in some moments too soft but in general also very nice to works with. I have just found a shop which have medium blend Super Sculpey, it's actually new product for this year and I couldn't find it yet in most of shops. Before that I just mixed firm ss with soft but that take a lot of time. Smile

Ana wrote:
OK, Saturday November 21st, is that day good for all of you? Smile Karin, Julie, AJ, Christophe, Florian, Kaat?, will that day suit you?

Dum_my wrote:
Is there maybe room for one more (A)?

Smile Up to this moment Florian, Kikimalou, Karin and Julie confirmed they will come. I'm able to find place for 5 students. Kaat said it will be too close to her exams but I didn't hear any news from Anne Joke? I will write to her and as soon as I have info I will write here if there is still place. Smile

I really wish I was able to make even bigger group or perhaps if we have more people who want to come in future I will organise another meeting like that in Spring time. And then anyone who didn't participated in Autumn workshops will have first choice for Spring workshop. Does it sound OK?

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 4:52 pm

Ana wrote:
We have one month from now so I would like to order materials. I would like to order one package of Super Sculpey for each person. But perhaps any of you already have this clay and don't have to buy? Also, please let me know if you prefer soft, medium or firm version of SS. I use medium blend. Firm is too hard for me and soft is in some moments too soft but in general also very nice to works with. I have just found a shop which have medium blend Super Sculpey, it's actually new product for this year and I couldn't find it yet in most of shops. Before that I just mixed firm ss with soft but that take a lot of time. Smile

I have some Super Sculpey left, but it isn't much, so it would be great if you could order a new package for me as well! cheers I actually have no idea what I'm using at the moment, so medium would be great.

Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 Manatee_icon1Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 Tiny_heart_emoticon_by_gasara-d79d7v1Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
My Sirenians x Sirenian Searchlist
Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 Manatee_icon2
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 7:08 pm

I have no idea what would be best, so I'm going with the rest: medium please :3

The Spring Class sounds cool Very Happy
And it is fair indeed to give the ones that didn't participate in the Autumn Class a first choice :)

One question: how late can we arrive?

Florian

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 8:26 pm

It will be medium for me so the best for sculpting :)

I don't remember, do we must pay this super sculpey and how much ? :)

Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 10:38 am

I will take a place in the pring than for sure Very Happy
Sow i will order up some sculpy for that moment in spring Razz
and i really want to sculpt a horse (afcourse hahaha)
Sow i will here how it was this time in the autum for you guys
very much fun and succes to all of you flower

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 2:20 pm

I just got package with materials for workshop! Including 5 packages of Medium Blend Super Sculpey. It's really great and it's new for me. In the past I used top mix firm and normal and now this one is just perfect. I also got a bunch of tools for you to try and use during the workshop, I think they are quite nice also Very Happy

Please, think already what species in what size and pose would you like to sculpt. You can print some photos and take them with you. I recommend to find a photo of the animal you like to sculpt in a similar pose to what you imagine and print it in the desired scale - this will be very helpful for building skeleton and later for matching proportion of your sculpture. If you have any trouble with preparing such photos you can try drawing or send the photo to me, write the scale and I will print it for you here. Very Happy

If you have favourite tools you like to use for sculpting, bring them of course. Wink

NightLioness wrote:

And it is fair indeed to give the ones that didn't participate in the Autumn Class a first choice :)

I'm not sure what would suit everyone best? Between 9:00 and 10:00AM so we would start sculpting around 10:00? I don't want to make it too early cause most of participant have to drive few hours so they would have to get up really early then?
Is the time between 9:00 and 10:00 doable for you? (question to everyone actually)

Florian wrote:

Yes, as I mentioned at the beginning the cost of material is the only cost of the workshop. But it's not obligatory to buy it from me, another option is bringing own polymer clay (also Fimo is good, similar quality to Super Sculpey) , no problem Smile
The cost of one package Super Sculpey is 12Euro and it's 0,5kg of this clay. If you don't use this amount for one animal (actually I think it's enough for 3-4 animals in schleich horse size) you take the rest of the material home and can use it for future sculptures.
Another option is to buy only half of the package (then the cost is 6,50), it's good especially if you don't plan to make many more animals in near future.

Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 2:31 pm

Thank you for answering the questions! Very Happy
Between 9:00/10:00 is good for us Wink
And I will buy a whole package I think XD

I know the animal I want to make, although I'm doubting between two.
A Gaur calf (As I get the mother from Noemi and the bull you made for Mojo Very Happy)
Or a Coati (Neusbeer) I shall print photos of them both XD

Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 3:22 pm

Veel plezier iedereen! laat ons meegenieten dmv foto's ?!
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 9:31 pm

Ana wrote:
I just got package with materials for workshop! Including 5 packages of Medium Blend Super Sculpey. It's really great and it's new for me. In the past I used top mix firm and normal and now this one is just perfect. I also got a bunch of tools for you to try and use during the workshop, I think they are quite nice also Very Happy

Please, think already what species in what size and pose would you like to sculpt. You can print some photos and take them with you. I recommend to find a photo of the animal you like to sculpt in a similar pose to what you imagine and print it in the desired scale - this will be very helpful for building skeleton and later for matching proportion of your sculpture. If you have any trouble with preparing such photos you can try drawing or send the photo to me, write the scale and I will print it for you here. Very Happy

If you have favourite tools you like to use for sculpting, bring them of course. Wink

NightLioness wrote:

I'm not sure what would suit everyone best? Between 9:00 and 10:00AM so we would start sculpting around 10:00? I don't want to make it too early cause most of participant have to drive few hours so they would have to get up really early then?
Is the time between 9:00 and 10:00 doable for you? (question to everyone actually)

Florian wrote:

Yes, as I mentioned at the beginning the cost of material is the only cost of the workshop. But it's not obligatory to buy it from me, another option is bringing own polymer clay (also Fimo is good, similar quality to Super Sculpey) , no problem Smile
The cost of one package Super Sculpey is 12Euro and it's 0,5kg of this clay. If you don't use this amount for one animal (actually I think it's enough for 3-4 animals in schleich horse size) you take the rest of the material home and can use it for future sculptures.
Another option is to buy only half of the package (then the cost is 6,50), it's good especially if you don't plan to make many more animals in near future.

Anna, I think it will be good for the package of 12.50 Eur :)

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 6:13 pm

Between 09:00 and 10:00 will be good for me as well! cheers Oh I'm so excited about this Very Happy And I'll take a whole package of Super Sculpey as well Wink Do you want it cash or can we transfer it through PayPal/iDeal?

Now I have to think about an animal.. Hmm difficult, difficult.. scratch There are so many species I like xD

Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 Manatee_icon1Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 Tiny_heart_emoticon_by_gasara-d79d7v1Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi friends, there is less than one week since today and our workshop will take place. I will write more detailed plan tonight and post it here. Please check this topic for updates in the next few days. Smile I can't wait for the Saturday! Wink

Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:26 pm

Ana wrote:
Hi friends, there is less than one week since today and our workshop will take place. I will write more detailed plan tonight and post it here. Please check this topic for updates in the next few days. Smile I can't wait for the Saturday! Wink  

Me too :)

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 5:50 pm

Ana wrote:

I will try to be with at 10:00, I can't before Wink
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 6:22 pm

So exciting! Very Happy

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 4:27 pm

I'm really looking forward to Saturday, everyone Smile

So we are welcome between 09:00 and 10:00 a.m. and we'll start around 10:00. Than I still have some questions:
- Anna, how do you want to be paid for the Super Sculpey? In cash, or by iDeal/Paypal?
- Did we agreed on bringing our own lunch?
- Until what time (not exactly, but just an estimation) will we be sculpting?
- I remember something about pizza/salad? Was that for lunch or as dinner? xD

That's it for now Razz

Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 4:36 pm

Tarunyada wrote:

So we are welcome between 09:00 and 10:00 a.m. and we'll start around 10:00. Than I still have some questions:
- Anna, how do you want to be paid for the Super Sculpey? In cash, or by iDeal/Paypal?

That's it for now Razz

Yes and I asked if we still eat a pizza after the workshop but I don't know what's the reply of other people, so I need to bring more money?

NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:07 pm

Pizza is fine by me :)

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:41 pm

Hi hi! I will answer you questions and add some more info now Smile

Tarunyada wrote:

That's it for now Razz

• for the Super Sculpey I prefer cash payment if possible please.

• yes, I think it's fine if you bring your own lunch. I will also make a salad for lunch but it's safer option if you also have sandwich additionally, at least I think so? study  

• I think we can sculpt until around 5pm (17:00) because later is really dark and working long with artificial lighting may cause eyes pain. But it's also no problem if we like to work about an hour longer IF you are not tired then

• I was thinking we can order pizza and eat it after the workshop, so about 5pm or 6pm. Another option would be going together to the pizzeria or restaurant. What would you prefer? In the neighbourhood there is a handful of restaurants and also pizzeria, anything within 10 minutes by bike or 3 minutes by car. What is your preference?

OK, now the plan. How I imagine we will work:

1. You come here between 9:00 and 10:00 AM and when everybody is here I will explain few details about how to start. About 10:00am we start working on skeletons making and the inner layer of sculpture. This may take a while, so my estimate is about 11:30-12:00 we have this part ready and can bake it. I usually bake that so it will be easier and more comfortable to work on next parts. This would be good moment for lunch so:

2. 12:00 - 12:45 lunch time and baking the models at the same time. We would have to wait for them during baking anyway so it's good moment for lunch break.

3. 12:50/13:00 - 17:00 (possibly with another short break about 15:00 if you like) sculpting, the main work. I think this is anyway not enough time to have these models finished that day, but we can try to make some parts ready - for example head, neck, shoulders and belly (depends on species and also the size of animal).

When we see we have not much time left we can bake the models again, that way they will survive the journey easier. The Super Sculpey clay can be baked several times. I will also explain how to avoid problems with baking if you do it at home later.

4. 17:00/18:00 - we can go eat something or order pizza here Smile

I'm open for suggestions too  Smile

Last edited by Ana on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:47 pm

Ohh Anna, will you explain us how to make legs ? it's the most difficult I think.

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:56 pm

Florian wrote:

Yes and I asked if we still eat a pizza after the workshop but I don't know what's the reply of other people, so I need to bring more money?

Yes, if we order pizza or go to the restaurant, I would prefer if every person pays for his/her own meal or each of us would pay the equal parts of final amount. I think we will find the best solution. Smile

Florian wrote:
Ohh Anna, will you explain us how to make legs ? it's the most difficult I think.

Yes, it's up to you if you start sculpting from head and belly or from legs and hindquarters. I will try to explain and help. If you find this part most problematic perhaps it's good idea to work on it during the workshop and the easier parts you can make when you are home. Smile

Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Cool :)

Anna, I have a more embarassing question, do you think my parents can eat with us at the pizzeria after the workshop ? They will go to Utrecht for shopping and discover the city, my mother has already looked for things to do and there is an amazing colourful church to picture. My parents have thinked about a restaurant in Utrecht but I don't know how long it would be and I don't wanna take all the time with you if they don't come before a certain hour. It was also to discover my parents, they are really nice and my father speak well Deutsch. If you prefer a pizza only between us, they can go without problems in the city but it's just for a question of time :)

Wink But I will discuss with my parents to know what will be their plan for the day, it's not a problem:) It's a proposition in fonction of how will go the day :)

Last edited by Florian on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 10:17 pm

Florian wrote:
Cool :)

Anna, I have a more embarassing question, do you think my parents can eat with us at the pizzeria after the workshop ? They will go to Utrecht for shopping and discover the city, my mother has already looked for things to do and there is an amazing colourful church to picture. My parents have thinked about a restaurant in Utrecht but I don't know how long it would be and I don't wanna take all the time with you if they don't come before a certain hour. It was also to discover my parents, they are really nice and my father speak well Deutsch. If you prefer a pizza only between us, they can go without problems in the city but it's just for a question of time :)

I think they can eat with us, I don't see a problem Very Happy . Especially if they don't mind if we will talk mostly about animals, toys and sculpting Razz About language, I think it will be best if we all speak English, it's nice if all of us understand each other better in our little international meeting.

I don't speak Deutsch by the way ("German" in German, right?) unless you mean Dutch Wink

About going to restaurant in Utrecht I think it's not the best idea. Utrecht is about 10km from my place, parking in Utrecht is expensive and I think also restaurants there are more expensive than in my neighbourhood. Saturday evening in centre of this city may also be quite overcrowded. So I would vote for something closer to my home, but if you all say otherwise then of course I will go for that too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next