Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland

Go down 
+6
NightLioness
SUSANNE
Froggie
Oryx7557
Kikimalou
widukind
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland Empty
PostSubject: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 5:16 pm

I recently bought these animals, the seller said they were Bullylands. I was pretty sure they weren't, since I never heard of these and know Bullyland items rather well, but the size and style of the antelopes could be deLuxe, so I thought they maybe test models?
Well the material is harder than the usually rather soft and light bullyland rubber. Something between rubber and plastic.
They are without any brand or even made in china or number, but nicely detailled. I love the antelopes, but would like to know a bit more about them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Froggie on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 6:01 pm

I miss that antelopes auction but they are great! Congratulations that you are the winner :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 6:03 pm

Interesting scratch Sorry, I can't help you, but they are very nice figurines! I hope you'll find something about them Wink

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 6:56 pm

Oh they are beautiful!!! affraid cyclops cheers drunken drunken bounce
I hope someone can answer your question Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 7:17 pm

Kudu??? I guess they would be a great bongo pair Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 7:57 pm

WOW ! What fabulous finds cheers

They surely could be prototypes, - and the style is like the best of Bullyland Very Happy

I agree with Christophe. They must be bongo antelopes with those horns and the hair ridge down the back .
What a darned shame if they were given up...are they old ? Do you know ?

The panda is nice too, - he looks like he is ready to give somebody a punch on the nose Laughing

Oryx7557

Oryx7557

Country/State : new zealand

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 1:19 am

affraid affraid thay are awesome i would say they look more like bongo just without the white lines they are wonderful Congratulations Very Happy cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 8:56 am

of course you are right - these are bongos, stupid me!

I don't know anything else about these (also not the age), the seller was not very cooperative.
He had two of these antelope pairs, both with missing final painting. He also had two of the pandas.

but he had a picture with the actual pandas, and it fits, especially the painting:

So they might be prototypes. too bad they haven't made it into production yet
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 9:09 am

Perhaps we will se those bongos next year ? bounce bounce bounce Very Happy Very Happy

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 9:14 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Perhaps we will se those bongos next year ? bounce bounce bounce Very Happy Very Happy

I have a feeling we will Susanne. Don't know why or which company, but we will see Bongos.
bounce drunken cheers

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 9:46 am

The fact that they are bongos makes me love them even more drunken I really hope we'll see them next year! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 9:35 pm

We were waiting for this topic! Very Happy
They look Bullyland to me, in terms of design and texturing. Of course it is not conclusive in any way. It is good to remember that Bullyland changed owners recently and that their focus with animal figures vanished. As projects have to start much before being released, it won't be strange to find some Bullyland projects not approved by the new administration. Mainly a non main stream animal and with a complex painting.
Not long ago the German brand released a fallow deer, a wisent among other ungulates and they stood a long time without releasing an antelope, I guess. It could be a little naive to ask Bullyland directly but I believe there's nothing to loose. Idea Very Happy
Thanks Beatrice for sharing and congratulations for getting them, I love misterious figures and bongos are really rare.

Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 10:13 pm

Froggie wrote:
I recently bought these animals, the seller said they were Bullylands. I was pretty sure they weren't, since I never heard of these and know Bullyland items rather well, but the size and style of the antelopes could be deLuxe, so I thought they maybe test models?
Well the material is harder than the usually rather soft and light bullyland rubber. Something between rubber and plastic.
They are without any brand or even made in china or number, but nicely detailled. I love the antelopes, but would like to know a bit more about them.

Hi there great find.

Is it possible to post a photo of these antelopes next to existing Schleich or other brand antelope models or any model. It will help determine the size.

thank you Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 12:09 am

Without stripes or spots, I look at it as a bushbuck minus the spots

Numa

PostSubject: Bongo Mother and Calf - Discussion Restart: Any new Information about this?   bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland EmptyFri Dec 02, 2022 3:19 pm

A long time back someone posted on here about buying a set of Bongo models in Germany which everyone thought could have been a bullyland prototype. I cannot find that listing anymore but I did save one of the photos and upload it here again for all to see and to restart that debate/discussion as it is the one topic on here which I often think about from time to time. One of this subjects raised which I can never get out of my mind.

does anyone have thelink to that original posting and further more, anything new information to add about this intriguing set of models?

Could it possibly simply be a homemade model sculpt? I dont know but I enjoy the discussion on this one!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland EmptyFri Dec 02, 2022 3:50 pm

I think you are right. Long time ago i missed a very similar figure (Bullyland bongo) on ebay.de. Yes, i believe too a Bullyland prototype.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland EmptyFri Dec 02, 2022 6:04 pm

Is it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you mean?
I can merge them if you wish but I don't have informations about this pair.

Numa

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 7:45 pm

Roger wrote:
Is it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you mean?
I can merge them if you wish but I don't have informations about this pair.

ah yes please merge them...

i am hoping it inspires people and brings the topic back into our minds! I want to know more :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   bullyland - unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland Empty

Back to top Go down

unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland
Page 1 of 1