Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015

Go down 
+18
Caracal
landrover
Kikimalou
Bowhead Whale
Viking Spawn
Bloodrayne
Wilorvise
Tarunyada
TheLastStardust
elephas_maximus
sbell
pipsxlch
halichoeres
Saien
SUSANNE
Roger
widukind
costicuba
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 6:49 pm

Hello everybody.
So, my suggestion for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] win :) And it is my honor to start this new topic.
I don`t have many of these models, but I`ll start with some of them for a beginning
and I`ll be very happy to see the models from all of you :)

Let`s start with my Smilodon by Kinto Favorite, present from Maria (Teardrop):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next one is present from Susanne - Old 1988 Safari Ltd. Smilodon :

I`ll show my other models, when I make a good photos of them Wink
Now I can`t wait to see your models :)

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 7:30 pm

Great

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 8:47 pm

Great topic, and great kitties cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 2:02 am

I am sorry for using old pictures. But here my Mojö Fun and Bullyland figures. The Smilodon is a production sample and has no markings at all, no brand name, year, etc.
It was a gift from James Connolly, manager of the company.
Hyaenodon and Daeodon were gifts from Susanne, she insisted I needed to have these tow and she was right as ever.
It was also Susanne who enriched my collection with the Bullyland prheistoric mammals, except the gompotherium that was a gift from Christophe. cheers

Mojö Fun Smilodon (sample)

Mojö Fun Hyaenodon

[[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mojö Fun Daeodon

[[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Bullyland Megaloceros and Anchitherium

Bullyland Chalicotherium

Bullyland Gomphotherium
I have some more and I'll show when possible. Very Happy

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 3:27 am

cheers Great to see these models Roger.
When you have a model, gift from the manager of the company..and it is even not marked..it makes this model much more special :)
Thank you for sharing these models with us.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 12:41 pm

costicuba wrote:
cheers Great to see these models Roger.
When you have a model, gift from the manager of the company..and it is even not marked..it makes this model much more special :)
Thank you for sharing these models with us.

Thank you too, Kosta! Very Happy
Yes, it turns this smilodon more interesting as a collectible and as a bonus, it is a figure that I like very much. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 1:11 pm

YESSSS !!! cheers

I think the Prehistoric mammal are some of the very best models that Bullyland has made Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 6:27 pm

I am delighted to be able to prsent the series "Prehistoric Life" from Safari Ltd. Very Happy

Theyare all marked 2004 or 2005, but unfortunately ar now retired except the adult mammuth and the smilodon.
As the range was narrowed, they became part of the Wild Safari Prehistoric World together with the inos etc.

Here you see them all, together with the Mammoth from the Carnegie Collection to compare size.

Some pictures of the flock Wink

The arsinotherium and the ambelodon:

The andrewsarchus :

The cutest doedicurus  drunken

Mr Smilodon and son  cat  cat

The woolly Mammoths  elephant Very Happy
The aduly is perhaps a bit out of proportion, but I find them etremely charming  drunken

-----

This last guy is a bit out of place  Rolling Eyes
He is not from the "Wild Safari Dinos" series, and he is not a real mammoth  Laughing
But he is one if my most cherished prehistoric models from Safari , and the Inostrancevia is from the family Gorgonopsidae, sometimes described as "Mammal-like reptiles"  study

Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 6:44 pm

Great models Kosta and Roger cheers and amazing collection Susanne, WOW !! Shocked Applause

Here is my collection Wink :
The top shelf from the left : Megacerops (Collecta), Woolly rhino (Papo), Arsinoitherium (Collecta), 3 smilodons (Papo, Mojo, Safari ltd.), Thylacyne - extinct in the 20th century (Mojo), and Deinotherium (Collecta).
Bottom shelf from the left : Smilodon (Collecta), Hyaeodon Gigas and Entelodont Daeodon (Mojo Fun), Smilodon, Cave Bear, Macrauchenia 2x, Sloth, Mammoth with baby – all Schleich, and extinct Quagga (Mojo Fun).

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 6:56 pm

Many beautys here :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 7:03 pm

A wonderful flock, Andrea ! So varied in species, and so many different brands cheers

WOW , - you have two of the Schleich Macrauchenia Shocked
I love Schleich's prehistoric mammals Very Happy

Saien

Saien

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 7:56 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
A wonderful flock, Andrea ! So varied in species, and so many different brands  cheers

WOW , - you have two of the Schleich  Macrauchenia Shocked
I love Schleich's prehistoric mammals Very Happy

Thanks Susanne! I love Schleich's prehistoric mammals too, especially Macrauchenias Very Happy

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:40 pm

It is so great to see your collection Susanne..and you start with realy nice Safari models :)
And great collection from Andrea, I realy like the Schleich Macrauchenia, so nice model ..maybe the best one for this animal, from all brands :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:54 pm

Ohh, yes !   Macrauchenias are very special Very Happy

This inspires me to show my three beloved mini-ones together :

They are from left Lido, Safari Toob and a Made in Hong-Kong .
The grey ones are especially special to me, because they were gifts  cheers
Tim gave me the Lido one and Roger gave me th H-K one  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 10:39 pm

cheers Great Macrauchenia models Susanne :)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 1:48 am

Susanne, great presentation of your Safaris! cheers It makes me think where to put mammal ancestors? scratch Here or maybe in a future thread? They're so nice and that inostrancevia is a very good candidat for one more exception in my collection. Very Happy Is there any collector with more different macrauchenias then you? Actually, I got this HK figure with Yvette's help, in an EBAY lot, just because of a rubbery fox. Laughing
I am also impressed with Andrea's collection and I see that everyone shares with me a special admiration for Schleich macrauchenia. My favorite from that series. I have to show mine too! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 11:43 am

Thankyou, Kosta and Roger Wink

Roger wrote:
...... It makes me think where to put mammal ancestors? scratch Here or maybe in a future thread? They're so nice and that inostrancevia is a very good candidat for one more exception in my collection. Very Happy ...

Great that you like that inostrancevia too cheers

It could be fun and very interesting with such a topic !!! But perhaps difficult for people like me to contribute ...I already have a serious problem with the goats and "not-goats" geek Laughing

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:40 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Roger wrote:
...... It makes me think where to put mammal ancestors? scratch Here or maybe in a future thread? They're so nice and that inostrancevia is a very good candidat for one more exception in my collection. Very Happy ...

It could be fun and very interesting with such a topic !!! But perhaps difficult for people like me to contribute ...I already have a serious problem with the goats and "not-goats" geek Laughing

Becouse we talked about the mammal ancestors with Roger..are they fits good on this topic...
and I think, that you are absolutely right Roger, that they are Prehistoric mammals too :)
I asked Google, and he think`s the same Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 8:56 pm

costicuba wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Roger wrote:

Becouse we talked about the mammal ancestors with Roger..are they fits good on this topic...
and I think, that you are absolutely right Roger, that they are Prehistoric mammals too :)
I asked Google, and he think`s the same Very Happy

I feel some interest in including these animals and I think our forum as also an educational spirit.
We have two options. I can rename this topic and include these proto-mammals or open a new special topic at the middle of the month dedicated to them. Is not hard to determine if an animal belongs to these lineage. If we have doubts, we write the correct name of it at the English Wikipedia, and, in the part where it shows the taxonomic classification, usually under the main article picture, we only have to check if this animal belongs to a clade called synapsida. All mammals and proto-mammals are synapsids. Mammals belong to a class called mammalia, if the animal is a synapsid but doesn't belongs to mammalia class, it is a proto-mammal. I hope not to sound arrogant but who has doubts, one can make a little game, which of these 3 Bullyland releases doesn't represent a proto-mammal?
- dimetrodon, arizonasaurus or edaphosaurus? Wink Very Happy
You can also use this excellent page that our real expert, Christophe, created on Toy Animal Wiki! monkey cheers

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 2:33 pm

I`m absolutely fine if you rename this topic .. :)
Let`s see what the other members think.. but will be nice to have also proto-mammal models in ``Show us..`` :)

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 4:56 pm

Some Mesozoic mammals:

Yujin Henkelotherium. A stem therian (closer to marsupials and placentals than to monotremes).

Yowie Steropodon. A Cretaceous platypus.

Yowie Kollikodon ("Hotcrossbunodon" is its nickname, a simultaneous pun and portmanteau because its teeth looked like hot cross buns, and are bunodont, meaning the crowns end in blunt tubercles rather than sharp crests). A Cretaceous monotreme which may or may not have looked like a giant platypus.

Vivid Alphadon (Walking with Dinosaurs). A Cretaceous North American marsupial.

That's all I have, except for some other early mammal relatives like that wonderful Inostrancevia.

Last edited by halichoeres on Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 5:29 pm

WOW ! cheers Hali, they are fantastic cheers

That Henkelotherium is out of this world drunken
I did not know that there were prehistoric yowies, - and never saw  "prehistoric pltypusses" before  either Very Happy
The Alphadon is such a lovely critter too !

A very warm welcome to you ! flower  sunny
I can see that you are already contributing to TAI also  Applause

It could be fun if you will introduce yourself here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 8:20 pm

At long last I got taken pictures of my prehistoric mammals from Starlux Wink

I will rty to write the names, but please bear with me if I spell them wrong Embarassed

Giant deer and aurochs.

Marchairodus and Panthera Spelasa

Alticamelus and Gigantocamelus.

Andrewsarchus.

Baluchitherium and Moropus

Cave bear and Woolly Rhino

Platybelodon and Dinotherium

Arsinotherium and Brontotherium.

Synthetoceras and Eohippus.

Uintatherium

Paleotherium and Megatherium

Mastodont and two different wolly Mammoths.

Glyptodont and Moeritherium .

Very Happy Very Happy

Saien

Saien

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 9:38 pm

Wow Halichoeres, how many wonderful and unusual species, I´ve never seen them before Applause    Congrats and welcome here!  cheers  sunny

Susanne, your collection is absolutely amazing! cheers   What a diversity of species! Shocked  I have no words... silent  Very Happy

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 9:47 pm

Thank you both for the welcome! I'll go introduce myself on the relevant board...

@Susanne: great variety of Starlux pieces! Enough to inspire envy. Yes, Yowie made three series of "Lost Kingdoms" figures, I believe 110 in total. Now that I think of it, I have many more prehistoric mammals from that series, but I only actually collect Mesozoic things, so they quite slipped my mind. They are mostly Australian animals, so many are species that nobody else has made (like these monotremes!). Perhaps I will add some to the wiki!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 Empty

Back to top Go down

Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next