Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc

Go down 
+5
widukind
sbell
Roger
Tiermann
weaselfan93
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc Empty
PostSubject: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 10:47 pm

On Sunday I waited to the last few seconds and placed a bid that won this incredible lot of treasures from 1998 K&M. all the animals are in excellent condition except the bighorn which is missing back hooves. fortunately this was the only piece that I already own and in perfect shape. perhaps the ones I am most thrilled about are the elusive but beautiful sun bear, a large and realistic Javan rhinoceros and a sweet clouded leopard. the red fox, elk, grizzly and proboscis are very nice as well and will be placed on my museum display very soon. I am not sure how I was the only bidder but I won the set for a very low price. the only missing K&M bulk animal that I really want now is the martial eagle. here they are! cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 10:59 pm

Congratulations, great additions for you!

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 11:28 pm

I am very happy for you, these K&M bulk are as good as Play Visions if not better sometimes! Very Happy
It seems you've found some missing on TAI! Laughing bounce

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 1:06 am

weaselfan93 wrote:
On Sunday I waited to the last few seconds and placed a bid that won this incredible lot of treasures from 1998 K&M. all the animals are in excellent condition except the bighorn which is missing back hooves. fortunately this was the only piece that I already own and in perfect shape. perhaps the ones I am most thrilled about are the elusive but beautiful sun bear, a large and realistic Javan rhinoceros and a sweet clouded leopard. the red fox, elk, grizzly and proboscis are very nice as well and will be placed on my museum display very soon. I am not sure how I was the only bidder but I won the set for a very low price. the only missing K&M bulk animal that I really want now is the martial eagle. here they are! cheers

You mean this one:

Wink

I always like the K&M bulk sets--the Asian Rainforest, African Predators, Endangered Reptiles, Exotic sharks and African Animals were some of the best.

Way better than the current tube sets.
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 1:12 am

sbell wrote:
I always like the K&M bulk sets--the Asian Rainforest, African Predators, Endangered Reptiles, Exotic sharks and African Animals were some of the best.

Sean, lots of good things you're telling. Very Happy
What do you know more about K&M bulks that is missing here? bounce
We just don't have catalogue pictures so we group these figures only based in year and number marked. All the rest is conjectural. study Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 2:13 am

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:

We just don't have catalogue pictures so we group these figures only based in year and number marked. All the rest is conjectural. study Very Happy

Looking at it quickly, I can tell you that the Endangered Reptiles is completely wrong!

The other ones look right (of the ones I have/had); I have photos of many, although I am missing some from obviously a very long time ago (I have had the database since 2006 or so, and some, like the Asian Bulk Orangutan and African Predators Wild Dog aren't even photographed)
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

PostSubject: K&m animals   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 2:55 am

Sean, I was looking through your k&m photo gallery on your collection site and noticed an interesting set of European wildlife that I and the rest of the forum didn't know existed. I could see a Eurasian wildcat, sable or weasel, fallow deer, some type of badger, a rabbit and a roe deer? Could you please tell us all about those? Was that a bulk set as well? Also it was really nice to see photos of the Canadian wildlife tube as well. Is the beaver part of that set?

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 3:05 am

weaselfan93 wrote:
Sean, I was looking through your k&m photo gallery on your collection site and noticed an interesting set of European wildlife that I and the rest of the forum didn't know existed. I could see a Eurasian wildcat, sable or weasel, fallow deer, some type of badger, a rabbit and a roe deer? Could you please tell us all about those? Was that a bulk set as well? Also it was really nice to see photos of the Canadian wildlife tube as well. Is the beaver part of that set?

I believe it is--there are a couple of beavers from K&M. Wouldn't be a Canadian set without one!

As for the others, those are the European tube from about 1999-2001 (I remember picking it up on the way home from my first trip to Mexico at the airport...)

I can expand on it a bit later. I'm pretty sure that I still have most, if not all, of it.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 5:23 am

Rare newcomers Lance, big congratulations :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 5:24 am

weaselfan93 wrote:

Where where where, i want to look tooooooooo:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 5:37 am

widukind wrote:
weaselfan93 wrote:

It must be somewhere on my picasa site.

If so, it would be here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Assuming that it works. And it's probably not that up to date. I don't really use it much anymore.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 9:07 am

Congratulations, Lance, what a fantastic find, - and to get them at a reasonable price is almost a miracle cheers
Som of them I have never seen before, - ohhh, that sunbear I love you

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 10:08 am

Congratulations, Lance, wonderful additions! cheers

sbell wrote:
If so, it would be here:

Assuming that it works. And it's probably not that up to date. I don't really use it much anymore.

Oooh these are wonderful!!! Shocked affraid

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

PostSubject: K&M    Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 4:33 pm

thank you all my friends! cheers

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 6:35 pm

sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
weaselfan93 wrote:

If so, it would be here:

Thank you :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 6:43 pm

sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
weaselfan93 wrote:

If so, it would be here:

The european animals are great, what specie is the bat?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 12:39 am

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:

Looking at it quickly, I can tell you that the Endangered Reptiles is completely wrong!

The other ones look right (of the ones I have/had); I have photos of many, although I am missing some from obviously a very long time ago (I have had the database since 2006 or so, and some, like the Asian Bulk Orangutan and African Predators Wild Dog aren't even photographed)

lol! Sean, it seems you're in troubles. We love these small sized figures and there is always a huge excitment when we know about something that we didn't know it existed before. Very Happy
If you have any info, in your pc or so about the reptiles bulk let us know. Very Happy
The European Tube is another big news, have you the names marked on figures in your pc or is it possible to you to check them? I suspect with such a big collection it won't be easy for you to find these figures. affraid
I see a fallow deer, an European badger, a "prehistoric" roedeer Wink , a rabbit/hare, an European wild cat, red squirrel, an European polecat? and a bat. As Lance pointed there is also an wild boar and he suspects that there is a fox too. I really hope he is right. Very Happy
Isn't the beaver from this tube instead of the Canadian? A Castor fiber instead of canadensis? Wink That's really exciting! bounce bounce

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 6:32 am

I think I misunderstood before--no, the beaver is part of the North American tube. The European tube contains the following:

FOX, RED

BAT, LONG-EARED

CHAMOIS

BADGER, EUROPEAN

RABBIT, EUROPEAN

CAT, EUROPEAN WILD

DEER, FALLOW

SQUIRREL, EUROPEAN

OTTER, EUROPEAN

PIG, WILD

I really hope that the photos work. I'm also kind of surprised that I think I still have all of these!

And every sculpt here is unique--the fox is similar to the one in the North American blister card set, but is smaller.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 7:40 am

Congratulation Lance for your additions Applause And thank you Sean for opening the doors of your incredible collection Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 7:55 am

Thank you Sean, the bat will now fly to my wishlist :) and the wild cat too :)

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 10:00 am

They are wonderful Shocked Thanks for sharing, Sean! Applause

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 1:36 pm

Thanks Sean, that's what we really wanted! Very Happy There's one more fox to hunt, I have the North American Nature Tube version that really looks identical, I thought it was the same. Very Happy
So the "prehistoric" roedeer is chamois what makes sense considering it is horned and have a visible tail. ... and that's an otter, of course not a polecat. geek They're funny, surely not the best among K&M tube sized but really interesting. Can we use your pictures on TAI as long as we don't have others to use? Very Happy
Thanks! Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 2:49 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks Sean, that's what we really wanted! Very Happy There's one more fox to hunt, I have the North American Nature Tube version that really looks identical, I thought it was the same. Very Happy
So the "prehistoric" roedeer is chamois what makes sense considering it is horned and have a visible tail. ... and that's an otter, of course not a polecat. geek They're funny, surely not the best among K&M tube sized but really interesting. Can we use your pictures on TAI as long as we don't have others to use? Very Happy
Thanks! Very Happy

Sure, go ahead. And yes, they are not as good as some earlier K&M tubes (but better than the very earliest ones), almost a little more cartoonish. They came out right in that transition time just before K&M started pushing as Wild Republic.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 6:30 pm

sbell wrote:

Sure, go ahead. And yes, they are not as good as some earlier K&M tubes (but better than the very earliest ones), almost a little more cartoonish. They came out right in that transition time just before K&M started pushing as Wild Republic.

Thanks, so I created the page to this tube here using your pictures! Very Happy Unknown yesterday, complete today as long as they are ten. Very Happy
When you say that the red fox is different from the one from North American blister card which one you mean?
Please check the red foxes page at Wiki. You'll find yours easily, the previous to yours, that seems almost identical, belongs to the North American Nature Tube, the further one, belongs to a bulk that we haven't identified yet. Two more questions, sorry, are you sure the European tube fox is different from the North American tube fox? ... and do you know anything about the other red fox and its bulk? Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 6:40 pm

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:

Thanks, so I created the page to this tube here using your pictures! Very Happy Unknown yesterday, complete today as long as they are ten. Very Happy
When you say that the red fox is different from the one from North American blister card which one you mean?
Please check the red foxes page at Wiki. You'll find yours easily, the previous to yours, that seems almost identical, belongs to the North American Nature Tube, the further one, belongs to a bulk that we haven't identified yet. Two more questions, sorry, are you sure the European tube fox is different from the North American tube fox? ... and do you know anything about the other red fox and its bulk? Very Happy

I'll need to find both of mine and confirm, but I'm pretty sure that the European one is smaller than the blister card, which should be the same as the (newer) tube one. I never saw the bulk one, so I can't speak for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc   Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc Empty

Back to top Go down

Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next