Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Club Earth on TAi

Go down 
+2
widukind
Tarunyada
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

Club Earth on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Club Earth on TAi   Club Earth on TAi EmptySun 13 Sep 2015, 15:59

Club Earth on TAi TAi1 Club Earth on TAi Club Earth on TAi TAi1

Whilst Roger, Beatrice and co. are still working very hard on the Play Visions and K&M pages on ToyAnimal.info, I started working on the Club Earth page. There are already several series and sets which we added, which can be found further in this post. But now we need all the information we can get about Club Earth. If you haven't noticed yet, Club Earth has now its own subforum in the STS Modern companies section, where you can show and share all your Club Earth related figurines. Before I start firing all kinds of questions at you, I want to tell a little bit about this brand first.

CLUB EARTH is a nature-themed toy and novelty line created in 1998 by the US company Easy Aces, Inc., stablished in Cumberland (RI), USA. The line featured stationery items, like pens, pencils, note pads, notebooks and also molded plastic toy figurines featuring animal configurations. In 2007 CLUB EARTH was bought by Play Visions.

Unfortunately that's all we've got on this brand at the moment, but it's important to know that it was first an independent line of animal toys, but is now part of Play Visions. You can find the Club Earth section on the Play Visions site here.

Now back to TAi. You can find the Club Earth section on TAi here. We're already aware of the next sets and series:

• Arctic Animals Set
  • Extinct Animals Set
  • Footprints Stamp Series
  • To Go Series

• Birds to Go
    • Frogs to Go
    • Horses to Go
    • Lizards to Go
    • Snakes to Go

There are still a lot of uncertainties about both the brand and its sets. With this topic I hope to gather as much information as possible with your help! Here is a list of information I still need:

1. Any information about Club Earth in general
  2. Information about other sets and series, not mentioned above
  3. Information about the individual series: what are the series/sets called, how were they sold (in suitcase, cardboard, ..)
  4. Information about individual figurines: what species are they marked and are they marked with a number

If you have any information about any of the above matters or any others concerning Club Earth, please comment on this topic or send me a PM. I would be very grateful for any information. Of course photos of missing figurines and any catalogue pages are very welcome as well!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Tarunyada on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 14:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Club Earth on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Earth on TAi   Club Earth on TAi EmptySun 13 Sep 2015, 16:57

Very interesting stuff!!!!

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Club Earth on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Earth on TAi   Club Earth on TAi EmptySun 13 Sep 2015, 17:29

widukind wrote:
Very interesting stuff!!!!

Indeed, indeed!

Thanks to Sean (sbell) I know now there's also a Club Earth series of rays (and a sawfish), which can be seen by clicking on 'spoiler' below:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Club Earth on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Earth on TAi   Club Earth on TAi EmptySun 13 Sep 2015, 18:26

Oh, great. I think i will add some in my wishlist.

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Club Earth on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Earth on TAi   Club Earth on TAi EmptySun 13 Sep 2015, 20:47

Julie, I hope you can get a lot of info, you're a fantastic researcher, a passioned person and also a very dedicated one. Very Happy
That's another Club Earth very interesting line, it is good that we have things as clear as possible once it helps collectors finding their figures, to know what exists and obviously, also identifying them. :)
Sawfish is a kind of ray what shows that the company has explored a certain diversity inside a taxonomic group.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Club Earth on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Earth on TAi   Club Earth on TAi EmptySun 13 Sep 2015, 21:07

This is awesome cheers

You are doing a fantastic job !!!!! Applause Applause

sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

Club Earth on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Earth on TAi   Club Earth on TAi EmptySun 13 Sep 2015, 21:37

Roger wrote:
Julie, I hope you can get a lot of info, you're a fantastic researcher, a passioned person and also a very dedicated one. Very Happy
That's another Club Earth very interesting line, it is good that we have things as clear as possible once it helps collectors finding their figures, to know what exists and obviously, also identifying them. :)
Sawfish is a kind of ray what shows that the company has explored a certain diversity inside a taxonomic group.

They are very well-done figures, although the material does not lend itself to decent photos or to painting. I had hoped that the molds were originally used to produce solid figures (like the extinct animals set), but I've never heard of that with anything else from them. Usually, the figures were the soft jiggly rubber in bright colors like these (I used to see them in impulse buy sections of toy and education stores).

The Extinction set came in three carded sets of three (hence, the odd number of figures in the set--9 is unusual) but I can't remember which came with what.

Club Earth was not associated with Play Visions until long after these sets ceased, and mostly produces soft rubber novelties now. It would be hard to differentiate them from doallar-store novelties at this point.

It is possible that these sets are still around--I still saw the ray set available a few years ago in catalogs. The minimum order numbers were way too high to be reasonable (they were sold as a set of 5 in a carded bag).

EDIT--I actually found the set on the Play Visions site, alongside many of the other Stretch figures:
http://www.playvisions.com/Prod-18-1-98-150/ray-stretch.htm

The colours have changed but the models are the same. And we at least have the item number--#STRY (I'm guessing for STretch RaY).

Club Earth on TAi Hyena-circle

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

Club Earth on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Club Earth on TAi   Club Earth on TAi EmptySun 13 Sep 2015, 22:26

Julie, I have 4 of their birds so I hope I can help with this project. the figures are; brown pelican, turkey vulture, kingfisher and hyacinth macaw. Very Happy

widukind

Club Earth on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Earth on TAi   Club Earth on TAi EmptyMon 14 Sep 2015, 06:08

Thank you for the Information :)

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Club Earth on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Earth on TAi   Club Earth on TAi EmptyMon 14 Sep 2015, 08:23

Thank you so much, Roger and Susanne! cheers

sbell wrote:
The Extinction set came in three carded sets of three (hence, the odd number of figures in the set--9 is unusual) but I can't remember which came with what.

We have a photo from Beatrice here. This shows which figurines came with which.

sbell wrote:
EDIT--I actually found the set on the Play Visions site, alongside many of the other Stretch figures:
http://www.playvisions.com/Prod-18-1-98-150/ray-stretch.htm

The colours have changed but the models are the same. And we at least have the item number--#STRY (I'm guessing for STretch RaY).

Thanks, Sean, this is very helpful!!

I'm also really looking forward to see anything you can find in your catalogues Wink

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Club Earth on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Earth on TAi   Club Earth on TAi EmptyWed 23 Sep 2015, 13:51

UPDATE

Regarding:

• Birds to Go
  • Horses to Go

Thanks to Lance (weaselfan93) we now know that the vulture in the Birds to Go set is actually a turkey vulture. I'm waiting for Lance to photograph this perticular bird and the hyacinth macaw and kingfisher, so these can be added to TAi.

Now to the Horses to Go set. LeeAnn was so helpful to allow me to use her photographs of the Horses to Go set she owned in the past (which can be seen here). Jarda was very helpful as well by sending photographs of all the horse figurines he owns from this set. But there are actually quite some difference between his and LeeAnn's horses, which could lead us to the conclusion that there were several Horses to Go sets available. I made simple collage of the horses together, the ones with the hand-background by Jarda and the ones with the blue background by LeeAnn:

Club Earth on TAi Comparison1_zpsrachki9z
Above: Arab 2x
Middle: Shetland 2x
Below: Exmoor, Coloured Horse and unidentified (shire?)

Club Earth on TAi Comparison2_zpsd7hnqlev
Above: Standardbred 2x
Middle: Welsh (Section B) 2x
Below: Thoroughbred 2x

Club Earth on TAi Comparison3_zpskdfo9c5a
Above: Appaloosa, Fjord
Middle: Lipizzaner 2x
Below: Haflinger 2x

Sadly, LeeAnn sold her set of Horses to Go figurines, so we can't check on their breeds. But the fact that most of them are the same mold (but other colouring), would probably mean that they are the same breeds as Jarda's.

That's the update for now. Please let me know if there's anything you own or discovered that could help the Club Earth page on TAi. I'll probably be working on the Club Earth caterpillars next, so wish me luck..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Club Earth on TAi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Earth on TAi   Club Earth on TAi Empty

Back to top Go down

Club Earth on TAi
Page 1 of 1