Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collecta Guidraco walkaround

Go down 
+3
SUSANNE
Roger
Rhamphorhynchus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhamphorhynchus

Rhamphorhynchus

Country/State : United States

Collecta Guidraco walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Collecta Guidraco walkaround   Collecta Guidraco walkaround EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 8:14 pm

Guidraco (name meaning malicious ghost dragon) was a medium-sized pterosaur that lived 120 million years ago in what is now China.  Its long forward facing teeth indicate that it probably ate fish.

Here's the walkaround for the 2015 Collecta Guidraco
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8204 by E H, on Flickr
This is an absolutely beautiful figure, definitely one of the best, if not the best, pterosaur figures made.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8205 by E H, on Flickr
The jaw is articulated
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8206 by E H, on Flickr
Nice plantigrade feet.  Many figures incorrectly depict pterosaurs as digitigrades.
 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8208 by E H, on Flickr
Other side
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8207 by E H, on Flickr
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8209 by E H, on Flickr
This is quite a big figure.  It is 1/4 scale.  Guidraco had a 14 foot wingspan, so bigger than any living bird.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8212 by E H, on Flickr
The last thing a fish in the early Cretaceous would see.

So far, this is my favorite addition to my pterosaur collection.  This is probably the best pterosaur figure I've seen and in my collection Collecta's best figure.  It's very well sculpted and the sculptors clearly did their research on pterosaur anatomy.  The color choice is reminiscent of a seabird, which is fitting since Guidraco is thought to have been a fish eater.  The only faults I found was that the wing finger is oriented in the wrong direction (should be alongside the body, not going out away from it) and it is missing the pteriod bone.

Overall, 9 out of 10.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Guidraco walkaround   Collecta Guidraco walkaround EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 8:28 pm

I loved reading your walk around. Very educative and very well presented! cheers
Not being knowledgeable about these creatures, I enjoy to learn something more about them. Very Happy Loved particularly the imput regarding the plantigrade stance and also about the wing finger orientation.
I tend to like a less "caroon" like representations but I know this is abstract and actually a wrong vision from me. Just a question of personal taste that surely will change during next years. Laughing
Without knowing anything about the acuracy of the CollectA deinocheirus, it makes me feel like watching a real creature, could you please, when possible, share your imput about the deinocheirus, of course if you have it? cheers

Rhamphorhynchus

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Guidraco walkaround   Collecta Guidraco walkaround EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 8:47 pm

Roger wrote:
I loved reading your walk around. Very educative and very well presented! cheers
Not being knowledgeable about these creatures, I enjoy to learn something more about them. Very Happy Loved particularly the imput regarding the plantigrade stance and also about the wing finger orientation.
I tend to like a less "caroon" like representations but I know this is abstract and actually a wrong vision from me. Just a question of personal taste that surely will change during next years. Laughing
Without knowing anything about the acuracy of the CollectA deinocheirus, it makes me feel like watching a real creature, could you please, when possible, share your imput about the deinocheirus, of course if you have it? cheers

Thanks! I'm glad you liked my walkaround. This is actually the first one I've done.

I don't know a whole lot about dinosaurs. Pterosaurs are more of my specialty. However the Collecta Deinocheirus does look pretty good. The only thing I noticed is that the primary feathers should attach on the second finger, not just on the arm. The Berlin Archeopteryx specimen shows this.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Guidraco walkaround   Collecta Guidraco walkaround EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 8:49 pm

What magnificent pictures of a magnificent model of a magnificent creature bounce cheers

And I love the facts you tell us about the Guidraco, most of which I din not know at all Very Happy

I see I still have a lot to learn about dinosaurs and such. It is sometimes quite difficult, as they are so different from present day reptiles.
For instance, now I have googeled "pteriod bone", and I am still not sure what way it turns, if it should provide aerodynamics and not break  scratch

Thankyou VERY much for this informative and interesting walkaround !!!!! Applause

Rhamphorhynchus

Rhamphorhynchus

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Guidraco walkaround   Collecta Guidraco walkaround EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 8:54 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
What magnificent pictures of a magnificent model of a magnificent creature bounce cheers

And I love the facts you tell us about the Guidraco, most of which I din not know at all Very Happy

I see I still have a lot to learn about dinosaurs and such. It is sometimes quite difficult, as they are so different from present day reptiles.
For instance, now I have googeled "pteriod bone", and I am still not sure what way it turns, if it should provide aerodynamics and not break  scratch

Thankyou VERY much for this informative and interesting walkaround !!!!! Applause

Thanks! This is my first walkaround I've done. I plan on doing more like this.

The pteriod bone is a bone on the leading edge of pterosaurs wings. It controlled the propatagium (the membrane on the leading edge of the forearm).

Pterosaurs actually were not dinosaurs. They were closely related though.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Guidraco walkaround   Collecta Guidraco walkaround EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 8:55 pm

As Rogério said, it is a very interesting and educative walkaround. Looking through your eyes makes this model far more tempting than I previously thought. The crest colors are still a bit too much for me but it is only a matter of taste. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rhamphorhynchus

Rhamphorhynchus

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Guidraco walkaround   Collecta Guidraco walkaround EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 8:58 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
As Rogério said, it is a very interesting and educative walkaround.  Looking through your eyes makes this model far more tempting than I previously thought. The crest colors are still a bit too much for me but it is only a matter of taste. Very Happy

Thanks!

I like the colorful crest though. It's thought that pterosaurs used their crests to attract mates so they probably were colorful. However, I wish the lines on this model's crest weren't so straight and uniform.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Guidraco walkaround   Collecta Guidraco walkaround EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:01 pm

I agree with you, my problem isn't the colors themselves, it is the straight pattern.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Guidraco walkaround   Collecta Guidraco walkaround EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:20 pm

Rhamphorhynchus wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thanks!  I'm glad you liked my walkaround.  This is actually the first one I've done.

I don't know a whole lot about dinosaurs.  Pterosaurs are more of my specialty.  However the Collecta Deinocheirus does look pretty good.  The only thing I noticed is  that the primary feathers should attach on the second finger, not just on the arm.  The Berlin Archeopteryx specimen shows this.  

Silly me, I didn't mean deinocheirus but Ornithocheirus instead. geek It is a proof that I need more walk arounds from you and what a start! Shocked
Thanks anyway for your considerations about the deinocheirus but if possible, a walk around of the Ornithocheirus could be fantastic! cheers

Rhamphorhynchus

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Guidraco walkaround   Collecta Guidraco walkaround EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:29 pm

Roger wrote:
Rhamphorhynchus wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thanks!  I'm glad you liked my walkaround.  This is actually the first one I've done.

I don't know a whole lot about dinosaurs.  Pterosaurs are more of my specialty.  However the Collecta Deinocheirus does look pretty good.  The only thing I noticed is  that the primary feathers should attach on the second finger, not just on the arm.  The Berlin Archeopteryx specimen shows this.  

Silly me, I didn't mean deinocheirus but Ornithocheirus instead. geek It is a proof that I need more walk arounds from you and what a start! Shocked
Thanks anyway for your considerations about the deinocheirus but if possible, a walk around of the Ornithocheirus  could be fantastic! cheers

I have to Ornithocheirus from Collecta and I'll do a walkaround for it at some point. Up next is the absolutely dreadful Pteranodon from Jurassic World. I figured that since I did a walkaround for the best figure in my collection it would be fitting if I did the worst.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Guidraco walkaround   Collecta Guidraco walkaround EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:37 pm

Rhamphorhynchus wrote:
Roger wrote:
Rhamphorhynchus wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thanks anyway for your considerations about the deinocheirus but if possible, a walk around of the Ornithocheirus  could be fantastic! cheers

I have to Ornithocheirus from Collecta and I'll do a walkaround for it at some point.  Up next is the absolutely dreadful Pteranodon from Jurassic World.  I figured that since I did a walkaround for the best figure in my collection it would be fitting if I did the worst.

lol! bounce
No hurries, just take all the time you need, important is that you enjoy because we'll enjoy for sure. Very Happy

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Guidraco walkaround   Collecta Guidraco walkaround EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 3:55 am

I am not in to Dino's but what a great one!!!
Back to top Go down
Rhamphorhynchus

Rhamphorhynchus

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Guidraco walkaround   Collecta Guidraco walkaround EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 4:19 am

MARTINLATIN wrote:
I am not in to Dino's but what a great one!!!

I love this figure!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Guidraco walkaround   Collecta Guidraco walkaround EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 5:50 am

Nice model and great pics :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rhamphorhynchus

Rhamphorhynchus

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Guidraco walkaround   Collecta Guidraco walkaround EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 6:12 am

widukind wrote:
Nice model and great pics :)

Thanks

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Guidraco walkaround   Collecta Guidraco walkaround EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 12:54 am

What an amazing figure! Congrats and thanks for the photos.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collecta Guidraco walkaround   Collecta Guidraco walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Collecta Guidraco walkaround
Page 1 of 1