Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review

Go down 
+5
LeeAnn
Tarunyada
SUSANNE
Ana
Carola
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   Empty
PostSubject: CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 1:31 am

And yet another CollectA Deluxe Horse walkaround cheers

This is the Andalusian Stallion - Dark Dapple Grey colour variant. There is also a bay version. As with the other CollectA horses, he is sculpted by Deborah McDermott.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Silly looking legs from the front. Wonder if this is done for stability. But if the extreme pearshape was avoided I think this split leg thingy would not be necessary.

He has some serious conformation problems. His back seems way too short, and his head is perhaps a bit too big. From his neck and up he is the powerful stallion, but the rest of the body just lacks volume and power.

He does have a very handsome face, and the paintwork is fairly decent, in my opinion. There are no obvious airbrush lines and the dapples are subtle, although not the best dapples, but I've seen worse on Breyers.

Cute and thoughtful expression.

The plastic quality is solid and hard. Very nice!

And the pearshape scandal continues.

Compared to the small scale Friesian, who is a really great mold, and is in many ways much better than the large Andalusian.

And he arrived boxed. Well protected. The model is also sold loose with a tag around the leg.

Out of the Deluxe line the Andalusian Stallion Dapple Grey version is the one with the more interesting paintwork, compared to his counterpart - The Grey Lusitano Mare. But she is a better mold regarding anatomy. However he is overall a weak mold, in my opinion.

And a scale info chart Very Happy

With the Andalusian Stallion in mind, I think CollectA and Deborah could do a lot better for their deluxe line. What do you think? Smile

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 4:50 am

Thank you Carola for interesting walk around! I agree with everything you said about him.
I think also it would be nice to see him in custom painted version, probably colours would show a good side of this sculpture better than factory paint work does. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 6:24 am

Lovely model, - he is so lovely I choose to not see the flaws  Laughing

LeeAnn is right - it could be great to see a fine handpainted version  cheers

Arrrrh ! What a gorgeous flock  cheers
Carola wrote:

PS, - where do you find boxed version ? Do they have boxed deluxe dinos too perhaps ? bounce

Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 8:09 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Lovely model, - he is so lovely I choose to not see the flaws  Laughing

LeeAnn is right - it could be great to see a fine handpainted version  cheers

Arrrrh ! What a gorgeous flock  cheers

PS, - where do you find boxed version ? Do they have boxed deluxe dinos too perhaps ? bounce

You mean Anna is right Wink cheers There are some repaints out there, but I think no matter how nice the paintwork it will never cover up the anatomy issues Neutral

And thank you Very Happy I'm happy you like him. I ordered mine from MPV, but the Mustang that I also got from MPV recently was a loose version. It seems they have a bit of both. Maybe ask them and request if you want boxed versions Very Happy

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 9:25 pm

Such a handsome guy drunken Thanks for sharing, Carola! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 11:20 pm

He's a great concept but just not executed well unfortunately. He's cute though! Congrats Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 12:29 am

I did not think his form was all that bad, but when I saw him upside down it was very obvious and you are right - he is pearshaped. Shocked
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 12:32 am

Congrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 11:49 pm

Thank you for the comments once again Very Happy

This guy does have potential, but it stays with that. and yes, a cute face I love you

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 5:25 am

It is interesting to see a less exciting figure in this Deluxe line. I think Deborah puts the exact same effort in Deluxe and regular lines. I don't see anything bad in it as long as she give her best in both. I think it is also very decent that sculpts from both lines are completely different and not resized or slightly redesigned. The figure is interesting though nothing special. I believe there is always some readjustments made by someone on factories and it explains why legs are like that. Hard to believe the original Deborah's mold was like this. Thanks again for another fantastic presentation. Very Happy

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:38 am

Carola wrote:

You mean Anna is right Wink cheers There are some repaints out there, but I think no matter how nice the paintwork it will never cover up the anatomy issues Neutral

Yes ever since saw the photo of his "back " which can't even be called a back, I've wanted to cut him half and longer it with clay and wire lol!
Too bad he got so many problem areas he's a really nice model (if those aren't taken noticed Laughing

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 6:44 pm

Thank you Roger and Jonas for your comments cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review    CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review   Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2013 Andalusian Stallion Deluxe - Walkaround&Review
Page 1 of 1