Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow

Go down 
+2
Rakel
d_golem
6 posters
AuthorMessage
d_golem

Country/State : Indonesia

Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow Empty
PostSubject: Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow   Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi all,

This is my first post with pictures so am a bit nervous. Don't really know if they're any good and also if there's a guideline or rules on photographing one's collection (e.g. background, positions, etc) so if the result is a bit unorthodox I apologise Razz

Here is an almost complete set of Kitan Club Clear Rivers in Japan, minus no. 02 which is pretty much identical to no. 03, just slightly different colouration. Rest assured I'm in the hunt for no. 02 and will definitely complete the set (edit : finally completed the set! Pics added). The set consists of 10 figurines, including 1 secret. No. 02 & 03 with no. 04 & 05 are basically identical pairs of the same sculptures but with slightly different paint job. Kitan Club's way of describing subspecies and also to bulk up the set, I suppose.

To summarise, this is the set that very recently got me into collecting and to be able to have a nearly complete set and have them arranged like this is very satisfying. The figurines' details are of extremely high degree, right down to the branchings of the fin rays and the different paint finishes (matte, glossy, metallic, etc) are just very well-done. I'm definitely going to treasure them and take care of them as best as I can manage,

Apologies if the real fish in the background is too distracting. Just felt right to take the photographs in the vicinity of my koi pond Laughing
From left to right :

01. Ayu/Sweetfish (Plecoglossus altivelis altivelis)
02. Nikkou Iwana/White-spotted Char (Salvelinus leucomaenis pluvius)
03. Yamato Iwana/Japanese Char (Salvelinus leucomaenis japonicus)
04. Yamame/Seema/Cherry (Masu) Trout (Oncorhynchus masou masou)
05. Amago/Red-spotted Masu Trout (Oncorhynchus masou ishikawae)
06. Oikawa/Pale Chub (Zacco platypus)
07. Ugui/Japanese Dace/Big-scaled Redfin (Tribolodon hakonensis)
08. Kajika/Japanese Fluvial Sculpin (Cottus pollux)
09. Tou-yoshinobori/Amur Goby (Rhinogobius sp. OR)
10. -SECRET- Akame/Japanese Lates (Lates japonicus)

Individual walkarounds of each figurine will follow in their own topics.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Completed set pics. Got the last figure a couple of days ago. Was trying to be dramatic and float them on water. You all can guess what happened next Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by d_golem on Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:11 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rakel

Country/State : Denmark

Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow   Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 1:40 pm

Beautiful figures and very impressive kois - in my opinion they only add to the beauty of the figures and are not disturbing.
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow   Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 1:48 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow   Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:06 pm

WOW !!!! Those kois Shocked Look how they are interested in the small fishes cheers

And wonderful pictures of the beautyful Kitan-models !!! I look very much forward to see walkarounds Very Happy

No reason to be nervous.  
We are kind people here, - but in your case even not-so-nice people would love your pictures Applause

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow   Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:35 pm

Great figurines!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow   Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 8:44 pm

This set is really beautiful and I understand you want to show it. Your pics are very nice and they follow STS picture rule "Do your best but first do what you want" Laughing cheers
Back to top Go down
d_golem

Country/State : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow   Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 11:37 am

Thank you all for the kind words. I shall try my best with the individual walkarounds!

PostSubject: Re: Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow   Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow Empty

Back to top Go down

Nature Technicolour - Clear Rivers in Japan set (updated - finally complete!) - individual item walkarounds to follow
Page 1 of 1