Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!! <33

Go down 
+4
LeeAnn
Bloodrayne
SUSANNE
TheLastStardust
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheLastStardust

TheLastStardust

Country/State : Netherlands

Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 Empty
PostSubject: Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!! <33   Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 10:55 am

Hello All! Very Happy

Some of you might remember that I bought a Breyer Totilas horse a few months ago. LeeAnn Said to me that the base was not a safe one, and that I should buy a resin base for him. I tried, but the shipping costs of that one where too high to ship to holland, so I just tought if I was extra carefull with him, everything would turn out ok Very Happy

But a few days back, The thing where LeeAnn warned me for, happened! Sad

Someone walked in my room, and opened the door too wide, the door makes a swing and hits my collection case! affraid  and yes, Totilas fell out, and hit the floor! His base broke, leaving the little pin stuck in his foot!! Exacly Where LeeAnn Warned me for !! </3

He now lies in my Bookcase like this, but with no further harm (oh thank god.. Laughing  )

Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 22025157601_e570089eb4_cTotilas by Nardien Brons, on Flickr

I ofcourse want to fix him. but I don't know how! Is there anyone who knows how to sculp a base from super sculpey (or something like that) to help him stand up again..?
or any other idea's...? I can't drill the little pin out of his hoof! I am even willing to pay if someone out of europe (Who has Totilas also)  can make me a base??

Thank you very much for reading and understanding,

-Stardust sunny

http://stardust-at-dawn.deviantart.com/gallery/60947663/FigurePhotography

Last edited by TheLastStardust on Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!! <33   Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 1:35 pm

I have no solution to you, but I just wanted to share my compassion! bounce I really hope you get it solved, and I'm sure LeeAnn knows things about how to deal with a Totilas Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!! <33   Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 1:38 pm

Arrhhhw ! That is just so horrible affraid

Immediately I thougt of this material https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t11323-support-lifting-a-model-giving-more-space-holder-or-what-to-call-it?highlight=holder .

I can send you a couple of handfulls if you want Shocked

TheLastStardust

TheLastStardust

PostSubject: Re: Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!! <33   Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 2:09 pm

Carola wrote:
I have no solution to you, but I just wanted to share my compassion! bounce I really hope you get it solved, and I'm sure LeeAnn knows things about how to deal with a Totilas Very Happy

Thank you for your compassion, Carola cheers I'm sure i'll get it solved somehow Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!! <33   Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 2:09 pm

Is it not possible to glue the hoof with the pin onto the plastic holder ?

TheLastStardust

PostSubject: Re: Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!! <33   Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 2:10 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Arrhhhw ! That is just so horrible affraid

Immediately I thougt of this material https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t11323-support-lifting-a-model-giving-more-space-holder-or-what-to-call-it?highlight=holder .

I can send you a couple of handfulls if you want Shocked

Ohh my, It looks perfect! cheers  Thank you Susanne, I'll send you a PM !! bounce

Back to top Go down
TheLastStardust

TheLastStardust

PostSubject: Re: Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!! <33   Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 2:11 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
Is it not possible to glue the hoof with the pin onto the plastic holder ?

I don't know Shocked I can always try if nothing works... Thanks!

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!! <33   Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 3:14 pm

I've heard some people had success with heating up a needle with a candle, inserting it into the peg and pulling it out. Others that hasn't quite worked.

Your best bet is to drill it out. I've done it before, it's not hard Very Happy I actually have my own Totilas body sitting here I need to eventually drill out the peg. Just use a small bit and slowly go at it. It's okay if you go into the plastic of his hoof a little bit. Don't be afraid Wink

I have an extra plastic disc I can send you if you want, so you can put him back on the new one after you drill it out Very Happy Let me know if you want it and I can send it to you.

TheLastStardust

PostSubject: Re: Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!! <33   Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 5:24 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
I've heard some people had success with heating up a needle with a candle, inserting it into the peg and pulling it out. Others that hasn't quite worked.

Your best bet is to drill it out. I've done it before, it's not hard Very Happy I actually have my own Totilas body sitting here I need to eventually drill out the peg. Just use a small bit and slowly go at it. It's okay if you go into the plastic of his hoof a little bit. Don't be afraid Wink

I have an extra plastic disc I can send you if you want, so you can put him back on the new one after you drill it out Very Happy Let me know if you want it and I can send it to you.

I really appreciate your offer cheers But There's no need for that anymore!! Still, Thank you LeeAnn for your compassion! <33 I love you

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello All cheers I have such a good news! Wink

My dear dear Totilas stands again!! I love you All thanks to the dear Susanne , Who sent me Polymorph , here you can see what it is: https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t11323-support-lifting-a-model-giving-more-space-holder-or-what-to-call-it?highlight=holder

and well, Let the photo speak for itself:

Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 21950424968_a9839d7ac7_cDSC_0008 by Nardien Brons, on Flickr

If some people want to know how I did this....? Well, my sister helped me (She's AkaiHawke on the forum Very Happy ) we just made the stuff soft and bedible with warm water.
Then we built it around his hoof. one base did still not help him stand, so we made two of them- One for his foreleg and the other for his back leg. we dropped the little bases in cold water, and they became hard.

Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 21951367649_b7d6755947_cDSC_0009 by Nardien Brons, on Flickr

(..oohh  Shocked Ignore the dust xD )
Now, he stands much better than with his plastic base  Very Happy you even hear a loud ''Click'' if you put his hoof in it. Now he is still in my bookcase, but I want to buy a doorstopper, so my collection is safe and then he can stand in his old spot again  Very Happy

Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 21515443084_5356af9ef2_cDSC_0010 by Nardien Brons, on Flickr

But yeah, a BIG THANK YOU for all of you who came with possible solutions and tried to help me! cheers without all of you he was still lying in the bookcase! and ofcourse a BIG HURRAY For Susanne!! cheers cheers  

(I can reccomend this to anyone who has a totilas, it works much better than the original base! What a Face  )

Thank you and greetings,

-Stardust sunny

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!! <33   Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 5:46 pm

Congrats on your success!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!! <33   Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 6:05 pm

How great cheers And beautyfully made Applause
Now he is trotting trough sand, it looks very real .
Perhaps it can be painted, - I wanted to try, but never got round to do it Sleep Laughing

I am so very happy that you could use it, - perhaps I should try it on some of my CollectA models Rolling Eyes

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!! <33   Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 6:30 pm

Susanne to the rescue Very Happy

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!! <33   Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 7:27 pm

Whoehoe! Congrats! Very Happy Glad he stands again Very Happy

Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!! <33   Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:16 pm

^^
Me too!
Joepie! cheers

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!! <33   Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 4:51 pm

oh crap it must have felt terrible when you saw totilas fell to the ground pale but glad you could fix his base! Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. I love you
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!! <33   Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 6:31 am

Wonderful that the issue got solved and Totilas can be proud again Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!! <33   Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!!  <33 Empty

Back to top Go down

Totilas Broken Base - How can I Fix It..? :( *EDIT* He stands again!! <33
Page 1 of 1