Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Britains finds 2015

Go down 
+4
Wilorvise
SUSANNE
Roger
widukind
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Britains finds 2015   My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 12:41 am

Also from the Coventry Toy Fair I obtained these plastic models:

My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 23112517801_c1397dec87_c

Left to right - the first five are from Britains Sable antelope introduced in 1960 and replaced in 1979; duck introduced in 1959 deleted in 1981 (from Britains lead mould); lamb introduced in 1957 replaced in 1971 (originally Herald); chicken introduced in 1959 deleted in 1966 (from Britains lead mould); chicken introduced in 1957 and deleted in 1975 (originally Herald).
Next three Hilco/Cherilea panther made in England 1950’s; and two made in Hong Kong models kangaroo inspired by Britains and Corgi Toys foal

For more information regarding the Hilco/Cherilea story please see Dave Scriven’s post:

https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t11309-john-hill-co-and-cherilea-zoo

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My Britains finds 2015   My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 2:28 am

Congratulations Chris and it is always very nice from you that you provide information about your figures.
These HK copies seems to be the same molds as the numerous premium gift figures from 1960 and 1970 . Isn't it the same as Prior or the Azur presented below? I am not sure but the Prior figures had written made in Macau in their bags, it was a Portuguese territory at this time and Azur gifts were very popular in Portugal too. study

My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 Kangazur

Last edited by Roger on Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My Britains finds 2015   My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:04 am

More beautyful rarities, and great information Applause
How interesting to see the "copies". The panther is wonderful, and I like the simpleness of the cangaroo Very Happy

Uhh, I missed the mini set before ...it is a true gem !!! cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Britains finds 2015   My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 10:42 am

Nice new stuff!! Congrats :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: My Britains finds 2015   My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 3:22 pm

Congrats on the lovely models. :)

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: My Britains finds 2015   My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:06 pm

Roger wrote:
Congratulations Chris and it is always very nice from you that you provide information about your figures.
These HK copies seems to be the same molds as the numerous premium gift figures from 1960 and 1970 . Isn't it the same as Prior or the Azur presented below? I am not sure but the Prior figures had written made in Macau in their bags, it was a Portuguese territory at this time and Azur gifts were very popular in Portugal too. study

My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 Kangazur

Roger, always like to provide information about Britains and it is wonderful to share. Regarding the kangaroo copy I have just checked and it was made in Hong Kong and this is stated on the inside of it’s left foot. Didn’t know anything about Prior or Azur before I came here so always interesting to obtain new knowledge. I have a few Matchbox toy cars that were made in Macau from the mid 1980’s so this territory was a popular one for manufacturing.  Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:
More beautyful rarities, and great information Applause
How interesting to see the "copies". The panther is wonderful, and I like the simpleness of the cangaroo Very Happy

Uhh, I missed the mini set before ...it is a true gem !!! cheers

I love that panther pose too Susanne. Glad you like the Mini-Set.  Very Happy

widukind wrote:
Nice new stuff!! Congrats :)

Thank you Andreas  Very Happy

Wilorvise wrote:
Congrats on the lovely models. :)

Thanks Laura Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Britains finds 2015   My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 10:16 pm

Chris Sweetman wrote:
Roger wrote:

Roger, always like to provide information about Britains and it is wonderful to share. Regarding the kangaroo copy I have just checked and it was made in Hong Kong and this is stated on the inside of it’s left foot. Didn’t know anything about Prior or Azur before I came here so always interesting to obtain new knowledge. I have a few Matchbox toy cars that were made in Macau from the mid 1980’s so this territory was a popular one for manufacturing.  Very Happy

Someone suggested to show Britains HK copies it sometime ago but I had no idea how abrangent it was. I thought it was a single collection with the same figures but now I know that there is a huge variation of sizes, shapes and materials. McDonalds animal figures are also made in Macau what confirms this region as having some tradition in toy manufacturing. This HK marked kangoo is probably larger than Azur version. scratch

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: My Britains finds 2015   My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 1:27 am

Roger wrote:
Chris Sweetman wrote:
Roger wrote:

Someone suggested to show Britains HK copies it sometime ago but I had no idea how abrangent it was.  I thought it was a single collection with the same figures but now I know that there is a  huge variation of sizes, shapes and materials. McDonalds animal figures are also made in Macau what confirms this region as having some tradition in toy manufacturing. This HK marked kangoo is probably larger than Azur version. scratch

Roger, I am also surprised of the variety of copies of Britains figures and animals. But not just by Hong Kong companies although these are the ones that usually turn up. I have a number of Britains animal copies instead of being 1:32nd scale are closer to 1:43rd scale and even in 1:76ish scale.

Would be a good choice for our 'Show us your …..’ series.

Chris

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: My Britains finds 2015   My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 1:32 am

Another find from the Coventry Toy Fair and my most expensive purchase of the day:

My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 23160267445_15fc882e43_c

Britains 9500 Farm Cart with Plastic Horse

The farm cart was first issued under number 40F in 1933 and was drawn by a hollow-cast lead horse. This horse was given the nickname ‘skinny horse’ to differentiate it from other horses Britains used to pull a variety of carts. In the 1950‘s it was packaged in Britains colourful Home Farm Series box. From 1960 the lead ‘skinny horse’ was replaced by a plastic version. The revised issue was still supplied in the Home Farm Series box. From 1962 this farm cart were renumbered 9500 and in 1964 it was supplied in a new box with a card display base. This cart drawn by the plastic ‘skinny horse’ was finally withdrawn in 1969.

The plastic horse was either brown, as illustrated, or white. Both colours had painted details which included collar, middle strap and eyes in black and a bronze effect chain along each flank. On the left underside it is marked ‘ENGLAND’

Over the years the cart was produced in a variety of colours. It comprised of four parts die-cast in zinc alloy. The cart was riveted to the base and the two wheels rotate on a steel axle with the ends crimped. On the base of the cart is cast in relief ‘MADE IN ENGLAND BRITAINS LTD’

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Britains finds 2015   My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 2:16 am

That's a fantastic set. Love the farm cart and horse and it looks in perfect condition! cheers
About Britains copies I think it is a good idea and maybe we can start a topic about it. Idea

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My Britains finds 2015   My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 8:50 am

It is always impressive to find old carts that have survived the hard times of being a toy, - and this one is absolutely wonderful cheers

Thankyou for all the information again, and congratulations with such a unique find Applause

About Britains copies, I also have some. Most come from Bugaria, guess who gave them to me Wink Very Happy

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: My Britains finds 2015   My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 2:08 am

Roger wrote:
That's a fantastic set. Love the farm cart and horse and it looks in perfect condition! cheers
About Britains copies I think it is a good idea and maybe we can start a topic about it. Idea

SUSANNE wrote:
It is always impressive to find old carts that have survived the hard times of being a toy, - and this one is absolutely wonderful cheers

Thankyou for all the information again, and congratulations with such a unique find Applause

About Britains copies, I also have some. Most come from Bugaria, guess who gave them to me Wink Very Happy

Many thanks Roger and Susanne - always feel slightly sad that an old toy is in mint condition because it means that a child has never been able to play with it.

OK so Britains copies for a ‘Show us your …. ‘ feature in 2016.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My Britains finds 2015   My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 5:47 am

What a nice find Chris Applause It's not so bad that a child has never play with it, some childs dreamed of it and now they are trying badly to find the one they missed when they were young Wink
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Britains finds 2015   My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 1:11 pm

Nice catch again :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My Britains finds 2015   My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
...... some childs dreamed of it and now they are trying badly to find the one they missed when they were young Wink

What ? Who ??? Shocked lol!

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: My Britains finds 2015   My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 2:25 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
...... some childs dreamed of it and now they are trying badly to find the one they missed when they were young Wink

What ? Who ??? Shocked lol!

Me, Christophe and all the other children from the 1960’s who longed for these toys then and now we are older, much older lol! , we can afford them! Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Britains finds 2015   My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 10:09 pm

Chris Sweetman wrote:

Or a topic in Britains section... why not? cheers

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: My Britains finds 2015   My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 11:21 pm

Roger wrote:
Chris Sweetman wrote:

Or a topic in Britains section... why not? cheers

Now that is a good idea too Roger. Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Britains finds 2015   My Britains finds 2015 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Britains finds 2015
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2