Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:10 pm

I`m impressed how you perfectly catched the anatomy of every muscle and the proportions of the body :)

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:30 pm

What was your inspiration Karolina or have you used several sources? It is looking really fantastic! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MY collection of FOXES! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Foxes I'm searching! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:39 pm

Really, really amazing ! WOW !!!! affraid cheers Applause bounce Applause

Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:24 pm

Wow

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:00 am

Oh my gosh Shocked it is amazing Shocked

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:26 pm

Amazing works Karolina!!! Can't wait to see the head also Very Happy And yes, I think it will be great model and deserve mould and copies, excellent models like that should be available for more collectors Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:39 pm

Thank you all for your pleasant words!  cheers bounce drunken drunken drunken

I was searching and searching and I´ve found many manuals how to make copies. But I had to find some e-shop that is selling materials for it. An I´ve found it too  Twisted Evil One czech e-shop with materials necessray fot molds and copies  Surprised But I have some questions:

- In one one manual was written this, silicone rubber is mixed, then vacuumed in a vacuum chamber to remove air bubbles
      How can I vacuumed it? What is vacuum chamber? This manual was talking about silicone rubber called Mold Max® 30, so must I do it with every silicon rubbers?

- And another question, how many times can I bake the Super sculpey? I have the original one.

- Last question: If the copie  will have some defect, can I remove it? And how?

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
ulinuk

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Roger wrote:
What was your inspiration Karolina or have you used several sources? It is looking really fantastic! Very Happy
Thank you Roger  tongue cheers  
At first I was using images from google, not so quality, like skeletons and paintings from books, and lions and tigers from Papo  Neutral But I´ve found beautiful page called Jun´s anatomy, and there was lot of anatomical models, like lion, elephant or horse - and there was smilodon too  bom

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:51 pm

Looks awesome! The hair detail is very well done cheers
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:02 am

ulinuk wrote:
Roger wrote:
Thank you Roger  tongue cheers  
At first I was using images from google, not so quality, like skeletons and paintings from books, and lions and tigers from Papo  Neutral But I´ve found beautiful page called Jun´s anatomy, and there was lot of anatomical models, like lion, elephant or horse - and there was smilodon too  bom

You did very well, it is always good to find good references. I made a quick visit to the page and it looks great! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MY collection of FOXES! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Foxes I'm searching! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:54 pm

This looks wonderful, a very powerful body and most obviously made by an artist with a love of big cats. Keep posting... I am so keen to see the head!
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
ulinuk

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:11 pm

Hi again, I hove some news for you  Very Happy
I baked the body and now I am working on her head  cat She still need a lot of work

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by ulinuk on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:35 pm

KM 2015  A serial number bounce
So will you make a mould when you will finish this beautiful head ?

I would love to have half of such talent drunken

ulinuk

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:48 pm

Thank you Christophe  Very Happy
It is K.V. 2015 and yes, I am planning to make some copies if my plans will work  cyclops
(don´t tell anyone that I might make smilodon cub for her  Wink)

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:00 pm

cheers I was shure, that the head..also like the body will be great.
Everything look`s perfect so far :)
Bravo Karolina Applause
For me will be an honor to be a painter of one of your copies bounce

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:25 pm

I'm no expert when it comes to any mammal, bird, reptile or fish,
but as an animal figure fanatic, I think the smilodon head looks wonderful and in perfect proportions with the body already made.

This is going to be a masterpiece!

Country/State : USA/Texas

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:05 am

This looks really great!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:18 am

I am impressed once more! Shocked Head proportions seem perfect, the pose is great and morphology seems very adjusted. Flat and delicate teeth and you have there a beautiful lady! Very Happy
Baby? I think it is an excellent idea! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:36 am

Still need some hears though Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:00 am

This model is just fabulous cheers

costicuba wrote:
For me will be an honor to be a painter of one of your copies bounce

bounce bounce cheers

Ana

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:46 am

Very beautiful smilodon sculpture! Congratulations Karolina! cheers

Back to top Go down
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:05 pm

How much will a copy be?? :3

TheLastStardust

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:18 pm

NightLioness wrote:
How much will a copy be?? :3

I would love to know also! cheers Is this your first sculpture...? Shocked
I know this was said many times but oh my, what a talent!! bounce
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:02 pm

The head is even more incredible! I love you You are a true sculptor! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:55 pm

I am impressed with this sculpture. I think just perfect. congratulations Karolina !. Shocked Shocked Applause

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
ulinuk

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:44 pm

OH!

LOOK THERE!

Don´t worry... come on kitty.....

ulinuk

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:49 pm

Come here, they want to see you.

I am not prepared! I must get ready, I must paint my nails!
Oh, it is only detail....

But only one photo!
Three!

No, only one.
So two?!

Eh, ok...

Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:51 pm

cheers I love you beautiful

Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:08 pm

I love you I love you I love you

Come on Kitty, get closer cheers bounce

Fantastic Applause

Kiki wants one drunken

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:18 pm

Terrific! cheers

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:27 pm

HURRAAAAY cheers bounce Applause cat Applause

Kitty,Kitty, please we want to see more of you Laughing

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:53 am

Awesome work! I could just smell the clay by looking at your photos. Did you make this with a particular species in mind?
Back to top Go down
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:51 am

cheers
Beautiful done job Karolina Applause
Come on Kitty, Kosta want one too Very Happy

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:12 am

Very nice model!

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:31 pm

Awesome work! Pokud se Ti podaří udělat kopie tak si chci zamluvit jednu. Je úžasný! Applause
Back to top Go down
Ana

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:39 pm

Beautiful amazing sculpture! What a wonderful depiction of Smilodon! It looks alive! cheers cheers Especially on the night photo, what a great scenery cheers It must be the best model of smilodon I have ever seen Applause Applause Applause

Back to top Go down
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:00 pm

Ana wrote:
It must be the best model of smilodon  I have ever seen Applause Applause Applause

I also think like that :) And I`m amazed from Karolina`s work on this model Applause
And I realy hope, that becouse me and other people like Kiki and Karin, we want to have a coppy of this model... Karolina doesn`t take that as
pushing her. :) Please Karolina don`t take it in this way sunny

Country/State : USA/Texas

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:54 pm

Your smilodon is really fantastic, Karolina! It reminds me of some of the paintings by Charles R. Knight. Are the Papo big cats you show next to yours also 1:15? I'm sorry I don't know.

Thanks so much for posting pictures here! It's great to see your work!
Back to top Go down
ulinuk

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:15 pm

Many many thaks!!!  Embarassed cheers Embarassed cheers Embarassed

I really appreciate you like it  Wink If you are asking about copies - of course I want to do them  Surprised but that material for it is little expensive so I think it will be my christmas gift from my mum. But I´ve got one idea, I want to tell her if she want to give me that gift a few weeks before christmas and i will have time to make coppies and send them as christmas gifts  santa Although I am very scared from molds, I don´t know exactly how to do it and how it works. And If it the mold will work, I will make only a few copies. I don´t know how many I can do from 860 g. I think abot 3-5 coppies.  Neutral But if it all will work (as I hope) one coppy will be about 15 or 20 euro + shipping.

ulinuk

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:21 pm

Please, can you tell me what material (name) do you use for molds and coppies? I have lot of possibilities. Rolling Eyes   Thank you  drunken drunken drunken

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:47 pm

costicuba wrote:
Ana wrote:
It must be the best model of smilodon  I have ever seen Applause Applause Applause

I also think like that :) And I`m amazed from Karolina`s work on this model Applause
And I realy hope, that becouse me and other people like Kiki and Karin, we want to have a coppy of this model... Karolina doesn`t take that as
pushing her. :) Please Karolina don`t take it in this way sunny

Kosta is right, don't see it pushing, we wouldn't dare! affraid bounce Smile
It is a big, big compliment if people want the model if it is still in the beginning stage Very Happy

Those photos drunken I can hear her calling her young already Wink Very Happy drunken cheers
Very smooth color, I love her pose and face!

Melekh

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:06 pm

Absolutely beautiful Smilodon. Applause

Please please make some copies.
Would love to have one :)

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:32 pm

Bravo Karolina, it looks fabulous! cheers cheers cyclops Big congrats, sculpting and painting
are very good! Applause Veľmi sa ti to podarilo, si šikulka, len tak ďalej! Wink sunny

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:30 am

I`m shure, that some people can give you a good advice about the material for casting.
I`m sorry I can`t help, becouse I don`t have any experience with this material.
But I will be very happy if you have a success with the copies and you count me for one of them bounce Embarassed sunny

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:37 am

Woow I would be tempted by one copy. I wish to have the same felling for sculpting like you :)
This slilodon is just amazing sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:08 am

Bravo! This is the work of a master.

I hope you are able to figure out the casting procedure; not just for this model at this time, but you may be able to do quite well for yourself in the future selling figures of this quality! Are you interested in casting in PVC or in resin? I've seen casting kits in a few US art suppliers that I think use resin; I can give an address or 2 of artists in the US also who may be willing to help talk you through the procedure. I know one of them helped the second get her business started.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:26 am

pipsxlch wrote:

I hope you are able to figure out the casting procedure; not just for this model at this time, but you may be able to do quite well for yourself in the future selling figures of this quality! Are you interested in casting in PVC or in resin? I've seen casting kits in a few US art suppliers that I think use resin; I can give an address or 2 of artists in the US also who may be willing to help talk you through the procedure. I know one of them helped the second get her business started.

Bravo! Thank you cheers

ulinuk

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:21 pm

pipsxlch wrote:

Oh, Thank you  cheers Of course I want their adress if you cann give it to me  drunken bounce I don´t know but I think i will use resin

ulinuk

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:22 pm

bjarki12 wrote:
Your smilodon is really fantastic, Karolina!  It reminds me of some of the paintings by Charles R. Knight.  Are the Papo big cats you show next to yours also 1:15?  I'm sorry I don't know.

Thanks so much for posting pictures here!  It's great to see your work!
Thank you  cyclops  The papo tiger is smaller, I think 1:20.

Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:04 pm

The Papo tiger is 1:15 too Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   

Back to top Go down

My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next