Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :)

Go down 
+4
widukind
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
xacaxa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
xacaxa

xacaxa

Country/State : CÁDIZ

Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :) Empty
PostSubject: Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :)   Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :) EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 10:58 pm

Hi everyone. I'm Tente from Cádiz (Spain). I'm an amateur sculptor and until now I have sculpted only human beings. But now, I want to begin sculpting animals also and need some good references specially in what matters to textures (skins, furr, etc.) and proportions. I need some good horses, cows, sheeps, dromedaries and elephants because they are the most common ones in Nativity Scenes here in Spain and I use to work this stuff. I also want to buy a giraffe just because I like it. Laughing

I have been reading your forum for a lot of hours and it's been very helpful. I've decided to begin my collection with the next figures:

Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :) Pedido10
Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :) Pedido11
Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :) Pedido12
Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :) Pedido13

What do you think? Is it a good choice to begin with? I know the Schleich African Elephant is not very accurate in proportions but I think is the best in textures and details. Is there any figure you would select instead of any of mine?

Where I live, in Cadiz, I don't know any store selling this stuff. If someone from Spain could tell me some online shops sending to Spain with better prices than the ones in the images, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :)   Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :) EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:33 pm

Do you like these models? Are they something you want? Then yes, these are good choices Very Happy Buy what you like, it's the best way to collect Wink

I can't help with dealers in Spain but MPV ships to Spain. Shipping will probably be a small fortune though. scratch

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :)   Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :) EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 12:26 pm

Hello, Xac , and wellcome here Very Happy

I can't give you advice, but wish you lots of luck, and look very much forward to see the models you make bounce

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :)   Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :) EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 1:53 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Do you like these models? Are they something you want? Then yes, these are good choices Very Happy Buy what you like, it's the best way to collect Wink

I can't help with dealers in Spain but MPV ships to Spain. Shipping will probably be a small fortune though. scratch

I agree, and welcome here :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :)   Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :) EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 5:54 pm

Ola Tente! Very Happy
As you are from Cadiz and you sculpt nativity scene figures, I think the best suggestion I can give you is that you sculpt a caganer of Sheryshev... what do you think? Laughing Kidding, of course although I am sure it could be very successful! Very Happy
I like very much your choices, Papo has best camels, I like CollectA horses, they work better as sculptures and not as toys. Other farm animals are also very good. Elephants are ahrd to choose, Schleich are not good indeed but they look nice anyway. I think Susanne can give you good tips how to get these figures online for cheaper prices. Very Happy

xacaxa

PostSubject: Re: Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :)   Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :) EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 12:10 pm

Thank you all! Rogério, that's a good one, the caganer of Sheryshev! jajajajaja Thanks for your opinion about my choices. I know elephants are hard to choose, I think I'll open a post just asking about elephants because there are people here who know them well (even sculptors).
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :)   Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :) EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 12:21 pm

I dare to suggest you an elephant. The Safari Wildlife Wonders Asian elephant is a very well sculpted figure and it is much larger than Schleich elephants working much better in scale with other figures. It is also more expensive but it worth the investment. Very Happy
Please check below Christophe's picture where you can see it compared with a regular Schleich human figure. Very Happy
Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :) Safari_112389_Asian_Elephant_scale

retoric

Country/State : france

PostSubject: Re: Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :)   Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :) EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 1:27 pm

Welcome to this international community

I started my collection by buying the Schleich African Elephant (14656) in 2013.
I think that this model is the most realistic compared with other brands (textures, details, posture).
I prefer the Schleich Indian Elephant than the Safari one. I like CollectA horses (fjord or shire for example) for their realism and details.
Your collection is however a good choice.

Retoric
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :)   Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :) EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 12:58 am

I'm no expert on models, but from the ones I've seen CollectA is certamente the way to go with horses.
May I make a suggestion? I think the CollectA Arabian mare is one of the most beautiful out there, and if sculpting Nativity figures, Arab/Barb type horses would be authentic to the place/time.
Back to top Go down
xacaxa

xacaxa

PostSubject: Re: Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :)   Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :) EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 4:18 pm

Roger, thanks for the suggestion. But I can't find this figure in the shop where I'm going to buy. I'll keep looking for it somewhere else.

Retoric, thanks a lot. I love Schleich Elephants textures and details but the proportions don't seem accurate to my eye. The CollectA horses, I think they're the most realistic.

Pipsxlch, I've added the Arab Mare to my list. Thank you, I hadn't seen it.
Back to top Go down
tiopesao

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :)   Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :) EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 9:31 am

Hola Sacada,

Si quieres puedo darte algunas referencias de lineol, que para mi tiene algunas de las mejores figuras jamás fabricadas.

Saludos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :)   Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Begginer from Spain. Images of my first choices. Advice, please :)
Page 1 of 1