Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!

Go down 
+24
Sergey
sbell
Jetty
Kikimalou
Jennypurr
loyalcatahoula
ken yeo
Chris Sweetman
SUSANNE
costicuba
NightLioness
Ana
Tove
JamesPanda
widukind
VASILIS
FluffySlipers
Bowhead Whale
Bloodrayne
ferrugineigula
codru
Viking Spawn
LeeAnn
Roger
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Choose the 2015 best figure of the year
KAIYODO BLUE WHALE
The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Vote_lcap21%The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 31 ]
COLLECTA CARIBOU
The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Vote_lcap29%The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 43 ]
REBOR CERATOSAURUS
The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 13 ]
COLLECTA CHIRU
The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Vote_lcap24%The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 36 ]
PAPO GERMAN SHEPHERD PUPY
The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
COLLECTA JACOB'S SHEEP
The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 17 ]
MOJÖ FUN ORLOV TROTTER
The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 150

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 6:35 am

LeeAnn wrote:
NightLioness wrote:
The Kaiyodo Blue Whale isn't a toy either Wink IMHO.
So maybe next time Breyers are welcome too? Very Happy

Traditional Valegro was actually the third place winner in the horse category this year Wink

I'm on a roll with my whoopsies XD Rolling Eyes Laughing
Never mind then Razz

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 11:23 am

The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Collect_A_88709_Woodland_Caribou

I want to thank everyone that voted and I hope this exciting initiative will continue during next years with your participation!
Some curious data:

Total votes=150
149 in 2014 and 80 in 2013.
Record on forum! cheers

- Papo snow leopard in 2014 keeps the record of votes with 62 votes.
- Mojö Fun Indian Gaur keeps the record of percentage with 49% in 2013.
Though, this year was the most exciting of ever with Caribou and chiru, both from CollectA, fighting for first place. Very Happy
Interesting also that a figure from Woodland category won this time, two previous years it was from wildlife category and the first from North American fauna while 2 previous were from Asian. study
As a last note, 3rd year, 3rd company awarded, after Mojö Fun in 2013 and Papo in 2014, it was time to CollectA win! cheers
It shows that our community is not partial with brands, we just love fantastic figures! rendeer

Now the final top:

1st. CollectA Woodland Caribou
2nd. CollectA Chiru
3rd. Kaiyodo Blue Whale
4th. CollectA Jacob's Sheep
5th. REBOR Ceratosaurus
6th. Mojö Fun Orlov Trotter
7th. Papo German Shepherd Pupy

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 12:39 pm

I kind of figured it would be between the Chiru and Caribou, myself.

The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Hyena-circle

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 12:43 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 12:58 pm

Yay! Glad the caribou won Very Happy

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 8:23 pm

Very Happy CollectA ! rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer I love you Nice Exciting Race to the finish !

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 8:35 pm

What an exiting final cheers
I think the caribou has all it takes : A beautyful animal, well known, and expertly made  Applause
It could be interesting to see a repaint by one of our many excellent artist  ! bounce
Do you remember the difference it made to the so-so reindeer by Papo ?

PS : Poor little puppy, - he came in such a magnificnt compagny  Laughing

Last edited by SUSANNE on Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 8:41 pm

Congratulation to CollectA and to the Woodland caribou nation Applause
Back to top Go down
Jetty

Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 9:26 pm

cheers Yes! this one had my vote, its such a beautifull model! cheers
congrats to Collecta! Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 10:04 pm

Congrats to Caribou, it was my favourite from this group too! cheers cheers
Now I need to buy it to my collection, it already waited too long on my list Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 12:19 am

I'll have to go get it soon. Next week probs xD

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: http://tezzieh.deviantart.com/
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 2:59 am

I recomend to all to revisit some topics about the CollectA caribou, first, Numaan explaining how challenging was the development of that figure:
- Numaan's topic about its release
Then, the great walk around by Susanne:
- Susanne's walk around of CollectA caribou

In my opinion it is a very fair winner considering it represents a big step forward when compared with other reindeer/caribou figures from major brands, it is also relevant that CollectA took it to the subspecies level and the pose and huge antlers give to it a majestic touch. I think it is also the only really fair successor to the superb Lineol caribou rendeer

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 6:10 am

I felt it from the beginning, as I first saw the caribou, that this will be the figure of the year cheers rendeer Congratulations to Collecta and their excellent model! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 6:26 am

Roger wrote:
I recomend to all to revisit some topics about the CollectA caribou, first, Numaan explaining how challenging was the development of that figure:

In my opinion it is a very fair winner considering it represents a big step forward when compared with other reindeer/caribou figures from major brands, it is also relevant that CollectA took it to the subspecies level and the pose and huge antlers give to it a majestic touch. I think it is also the only really fair successor to the superb Lineol caribou rendeer

Having seen what they went through, just to get this figure made...it is a really impressive figure, and they translated that drawing about as expertly as any sculptor could.

If CollectA keeps this up...and improves their distribution (a true killer of many great products, not just animal figures)...they could easily be the industry leader in this niche but, I think, important market. Especially as the seem to be the most willing to try and balance the 'usuals' with more exotic and unfamiliar animals--or at least, start to translate familiar animals into first-class models!

The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Hyena-circle

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
ferrugineigula

Country/State : ITP

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 7:41 am

Cool! Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 1:07 pm

Roger wrote:
Dear friends, here are the 7 finalists for the STS 2015 figure of the year

Only one vote per member is allowed. Wink

Votes will be cast during 7 days and the winner will be known at 8th February.

Please enjoy and thanks for your participation! cheers

KAIYODO BLUE WHALE
The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 P1170338%202_zps84eg4r5p

COLLECTA CARIBOU
The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 PapoKaribou_zpsfzejjxmo

REBOR CERATOSAURUS
The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 ReborSavage

COLLECTA CHIRU
The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 CollectA%2088721%20Chiru-1

PAPO GERMAN SHEPHERD PUPY
The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 600px-Papo54039

COLLECTA JACOB'S SHEEP
The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 88728-JacobSheep_zps96a307e7

MOJÖ FUN ORLOV TROTTER
The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 15811242791_519079cf31_o
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 2:08 pm

Big congratulations COLLECTA

Three animals ,in the top four. Applause Applause Applause

And 2016......I think that is other great competitor.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 1:00 pm

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:

Having seen what they went through, just to get this figure made...it is a really impressive figure, and they translated that drawing about as expertly as any sculptor could.

If CollectA keeps this up...and improves their distribution (a true killer of many great products, not just animal figures)...they could easily be the industry leader in this niche but, I think, important market. Especially as the seem to be the most willing to try and balance the 'usuals' with more exotic and unfamiliar animals--or at least, start to translate familiar animals into first-class models!

I agree completely with you! Very Happy I just hope they keep successful in this niche of market keeping their strategy of presenting us with some unusual animals. :) If they ever expand commercially abruptally and get some important commercial cooperations with huge retailers with extensive chains of stores, they will surely be pressured to release more common and popular animals. That's not exactly a big problem as long as they are first class as you say but I know that the tendency is to disfavor gradually the introduction of less profitable models. :)

Chamira

Country/State : Sri Lanka

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 7:31 am

A beauty, that Caribou.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!   The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The STS 2015 Animal figure of the year: COLLECTA WOODLAND CARIBOU!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3