Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to?

Go down 
+4
Tove
SUSANNE
NightLioness
Anne from Norway
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to? Empty
PostSubject: Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to?   Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 11:59 am

I just got this one, isn't it supposed to have two green birds on the back? Mine doesn't. It doesn't really matter, maybe it's even better, I was just wondering!
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to?   Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 12:08 pm

Does it also have the grass in mouth? I have no idea where the birds are, maybe on a giraffe now? XD

(Note to self: Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT search on Google Safari Cape Buffalo... There are to many hunting sites to that search Sad)

Anne from Norway

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to?   Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Yes it does have the grass. Maybe they were migrating birds and didn't feel like coming to Norway this time of year.
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to?   Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 12:39 pm

Strange scratch
lol! Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to?   Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 1:31 pm

That must be quite irritationg for you Shocked

I love those little birdies scratch

Tove

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to?   Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 6:07 pm

The birds flew away in 2015. In the 2014 catalog they are sitting on the bull's  back. In the 2015 catalog they are gone. I have not noticed that before. My bull has the birds. Where did you buy yours? The bull is pictured WITH the birds in both the German Webshops I use to buy from. I need to get the one without the birds. Very Happy
Congrats with your new bull!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to?   Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 7:23 pm

Tove wrote:
The birds flew away in 2015. In the 2014 catalog they are sitting on the bull's  back. In the 2015 catalog they are gone. I!

Hurrayyy for the Norwegian detective cheers
We will have to show that in TAI.
Btw, have you see that the re-launched Safari toucan has lost the fruit he used to be eating Very Happy

Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to?   Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 9:48 pm

I ordered mine from spielzeug-gunstig, now in January...
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to?   Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 10:04 pm

Ahhhhgh !!! I am SO tempted now Laughing

Thankyou, Anne Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to?   Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 10:15 pm

Doesn't surprise me since Safari ltd. seems to be fond of slight alterations lately. In this case I think its warranted since there are so many different opinions of if the model is better or worse with the little birds (personally I like them too).

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Tove

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to?   Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 10:37 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Tove wrote:
The birds flew away in 2015. In the 2014 catalog they are sitting on the bull's  back. In the 2015 catalog they are gone.

.....We will have to show that in TAI
Btw, have you see that the re-launched Safari toucan has lost the fruit he used to be eating Very Happy

Yes I have noticed Very Happy I'm waiting for it. I will buy it when it is available. Very Happy
Yes, the work you and others do with the TAI site are great.

Anne from Norway wrote:
I ordered mine from spielzeug-gunstig, now in January...

Thank you Anne.
I bought mine from the same shop in november 2014. He was one of the first animals I ordered online. I love the bull and the birds, but I want to get the new one also.
I'm so glad you noticed the difference. sunny
Back to top Go down
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to?   Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 10:51 pm

Yes, I like it without the birds, too, but then they should update their picture on the website I think. Anyway, the bull is great, I love him!

By the way, Tove, I found a place in Oslo where you can get both Papo and CollectA! For Norwegian prices off course...but quite good selection!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to?   Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 11:49 pm

The fish was eaten by the pelican, the fruit by toucan and ticks were eaten by these two oxpeckers. As the cape buffalo is free of ticks now, they flew away. I've found one of them here. :)
The other bird is in a job interview. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to?   Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 10:14 pm

Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
bjarki12

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to?   Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to? EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 7:03 pm

That's quite sad. I thought those birds really set Safari's buffalo apart from the others. Really added personality. But I'm glad some prefer it this way - now we have more options.
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to?   Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to? EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 8:03 pm

I saw the Buffalo in the store Michaels and no birdies anymore on his back. The Terra one has the bird now.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to?   Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to? Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Cape Buffalo - where did the birds fly off to?
Page 1 of 1