Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)

Go down 
+24
Viking Spawn
Rakel
Shanti
Saien
widukind
under-water
MARTINLATIN
Sergey
Numa
arafan
NightLioness
Tarunyada
SUSANNE
Bloodrayne
FluffySlipers
lucky luke
Gwaine
bojan
Roger
donny ong
costicuba
xacaxa
Saarlooswolfhound
LeeAnn
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) Empty
PostSubject: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 11:30 pm

So Papo were happy to welcome me to their stand another year on and let me take lots of photos.  
I love the new animals this year with the Impala and Marabou Stork being my favourites.  The improvement is impressive but I wonder what has made them create more unusual animals and antelopes eh? :-)
The large Tiger was indeed on display and I took some comparison shots.  This is part of a new larger scale range following in the footsteps of Safari and their Wildlife Wonders and Vanishing Wild Range.  The Papo large scale models are dense and heavy and so more like the Vanishing Wild models.
So the Tigress is part of 7 models being released this year in the large scale.  Papo will see how will these do before expanding this particular line.  The other large models coming this year are: White Lion, Lion, African Elephant, Wolf,White Tigress and Appaloosa Horse.  With just one horse you can tell they are testing the waters here and so no doubt farm and further horse models will follow.

Papo are obviously buying their sea life moulds from Maia & Borges now as evident by the new Sperm Whale – why couldn’t they just sculpt their own?

Puma is really great and I love the arctic fox too.

I think the Impala has been styled on a Black Faces Impala - look at the paint marks and big black face stripe?  This is most certainly a a Black-faced Impala which is even more unusual :-)

I love the deer but I really dislike the front lifted leg - it makes the pose look awkward - they should have left the leg standing straight downwards.

Link back to main Toy Fair photo listing here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyway enjoy the photos:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Numaan on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 11:41 pm

Thanks for the photos! Very Happy Did they have the large horse there?

Numa

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 11:44 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Thanks for the photos! Very Happy Did they have the large horse there?

Hi, no only the Tiger was on display, the other models were not yet ready and available for display
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 11:47 pm

Ah, okay thank you! Curious what scale it will be.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 11:56 pm

Wow, great photos and thank you so much for sharing! They help show the actual proportions etc. better than the catalogue photos.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
xacaxa

xacaxa

Country/State : CÁDIZ

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 11:58 pm

Thank you, Numaan. What do you think about the new African Elephant? Does it improve the previous very good ones by Papo?
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 12:18 am

xacaxa wrote:
Thank you, Numaan. What do you think about the new African Elephant? Does it improve the previous very good ones by Papo?

African elephant is MUCH better than the existing papo ones which I think are cartoonish. However, it is rather small. Papo seems to have varying scales to their animal models which is a bit frustrating - at least Schleich keeps things more consistent.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 1:33 am

Numaan, thank you very much for these so much and nice photos.
I realy enjoyed them :)
Also thank you for the photos from the other brands.
It is great to see the new models on real, before to see them in your hands..on very real Very Happy
Thank you for doing this for us :)

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 1:50 am

Thanks a lot for the photos Numaan. They do help.
Is the Deer larger than the Impala? Is the Mouse larger than Schleich's White Mouse?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 2:10 am

Thanks Numman for these reports about London fair. We are lucky having you to share all these pictures with us. Very Happy
I think Papo achieved a stage of maturity in their range, they now have almost all common animals filled what allows the company to be a little more inventive. Their cooperation with Maia & Borges in my opinion is very positive. Is not good at all to collectors to see the same figures again but I think the cooperation is good to both companies. M&B for obvious reasons and Papo Aquatic collection was almost dead some years ago and now it was revived. I have to visit back this topic and all your other reportages. So nice figures to enjoy in 2016! Very Happy

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 9:26 am

Thank you for great photos. A lot of those new models are on my wishlist, but that elephant is sadly way too small Sad

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 9:52 am

I'm really not sure about the deer... It looked really good on the catalog photo,but indeed the leg makes it weird. What do you suggest Numaan? Does my herd get a new member or should I let this one slide of my wish list?

Thank you for all the photos Very Happy And the time for posting them Wink Very Happy

The impala looks really, really good!!!

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 11:16 am

That Impala is going to move in with me sooner or later!

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 5:26 pm

Numaan, thank you very much for these so much and nice photos. Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi everyone thanks for the comments. Remember to follow the link to the original thread and then navigate to the Bullyland and Breyer photos too.

The largest amount of photos taken were from the Schleich stand - of course now a lot of people have bought the new models so those pictures will not be as exciting but I will post them. There are soooo many and it will take me a while to upload so please be patient - I took MANY close up photos of the Gemsbok coming out later this year and I LOVE THAT GEMSBOK! Wait till you see the photos!

The Papo elephant is really small, I sorry they did that BUT I do like the sculpting. There is an African elephant due for release in the large scale range and I think this elephant is coming our way in the big size meaning it might actually be one of the better sculpts available in a large size that will appear more realistic for those of us with displays.

Rogerio is right - whilst we may not want to see the same animals moulded again there is light at the end of the tunnel in that M&B will have business which in turn will enable them to expand their range and 'sell' more inventive ideas to Papo so who knows what the future will hold?

to answer some other questions the deer is larger than Impala and whilst I really like the sculpting I really dislike that bent leg - I will email Papo and ask them to consider straightening that front leg OR could someone on the forum send them a message? I think that leg ruins a great model. I will still get it anyway as you know I love deer and antelope - I'll just hide it in the back behind other models so that I cant see the leg ha! Very Happy Very Happy

With regards to the large scale range, imagine a large scale Kudu, Impala or Gemsbok? I would be in heaven!!!! Whilst these will not be the obvious contenders for upscaling, they could be further down the line if the line is successful............

Rogerio is right again - Papo may now try and be more inventive as they have covered the common animals and they dont seem to follow in the direction of Schleich by recycling the same animal again and again.....I mean , which brand would have picked Marabou stork? I am so impressed but then I wonder if another brand (not mentioning name) has given them a wake up call? Shoebill and Marabou stork in the same year? Aren't we lucky!
Back to top Go down
FluffySlipers

FluffySlipers

Country/State : Wiltshire,

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 6:36 pm

Wonderful photos, thank you for sharing them.

I love the Stork, and the leg isn't toooo bad realy, it gives a bit of a sense of movement pirat
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 6:40 pm

Thank you for your hard work, Numaan.
No sign of the standing on 2 feet tiger?

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 8:24 pm

Thankyou, thankyou tahnkyou VERY much for the wonderful pictures !
They give a great impression of this magnificent brand....ohhhh, so many wonderful news drunken

Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 9:17 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
Thank you for your hard work, Numaan.
No sign of the standing on 2 feet tiger?

Papo never have every new model on display at the london fair. Sometimes they are not ready in factory or the few ssmples are sent to other more important fairs. Sorry
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 9:24 pm

First of all, Numaan, thank you so much for going to this toy fair, AGAIN, and for finding to time to take pictures and upload them for us, AGAIN. I can imagine the work and time it'll cost, but it's much appreciated by everyone!  Applause And I spotted a manatee, which always makes me very happy, even when I'm writing endless English essays (komt dat je bekend voor, Karin? xD) Very Happy

Numaan wrote:
The large Tiger was indeed on display and I took some comparison shots.  This is part of a new larger scale range following in the footsteps of Safari and their Wildlife Wonders and Vanishing Wild Range.  The Papo large scale models are dense and heavy and so more like the Vanishing Wild models.
So the Tigress is part of 7 models being released this year in the large scale.  Papo will see how will these do before expanding this particular line.  The other large models coming this year are: White Lion, Lion, African Elephant, Wolf,White Tigress and Appaloosa Horse.  With just one horse you can tell they are testing the waters here and so no doubt farm and further horse models will follow.

Very interesting. I think it's great one of the European major brands is producing a range like this. Besides these new larger scaled figurines, only the Schleich artists horses and some Bullyland rarities come to mind scratch I'm especially looking forward to see this large scaled wolf  Smile

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Wow, great photos and thank you so much for sharing! They help show the actual proportions etc. better than the catalogue photos.

They sure do. I already adored the Arctic wolf, but now I'm in love with this figurine. Just look at its face: I love you

Numaan wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Roger wrote:
I think Papo achieved a stage of maturity in their range, they now have almost all common animals filled what allows the company to be a little more inventive.

I still remember the time when I left Papo figurines alone and ran straight to the Schleich figurines xD

Roger wrote:
Their cooperation with Maia & Borges in my opinion is very positive. Is not good at all to collectors to see the same figures again but I think the cooperation is good to both companies. M&B for obvious reasons and Papo Aquatic collection was almost dead some years ago and now it was revived.

Maybe this gives Papo a chance to regain skills concerning aquatic animals. Imagine what they will be sculpting theirselves within a few years!

Numaan wrote:
With regards to the large scale range, imagine a large scale Kudu, Impala or Gemsbok?  I would be in heaven!!!!  Whilst these will not be the obvious contenders for upscaling, they could be further down the line if the line is successful............

What about a bongo?  What a Face I love you

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 9:30 pm

XD Essays that make you ramble and such Razz About manatees ans distractions Razz
And how you managed it in one day! o.0

Sorry guys, really off-topic now Razz Embarassed Twisted Evil Laughing

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 9:31 pm

NightLioness wrote:
XD Essays that make you ramble and such Razz About manatees ans distractions Razz

The manatees definitely got me through it Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 9:59 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
NightLioness wrote:

The manatees definitely got me through it Laughing

Laughing No wonder you did it so fast XD
I wish I could see your face when you saw that sanctuary! Laughing

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 11:43 pm

Hi Numaan,
Thank you so much for you work on uploading and sharing these pictures! 02.16.2016 cheers

So there are a lot of cool models this year but most of them I just won't buy because of size, at one part a pitty but on the other good news for my pocket. Others look just weird, just like the puma.

So my hopes now are just that may Schleich releases some more figures and that CollectA makes their figures a little smaler. But anyway, did you see all the Schleich figures for the next year? And did you may have seen some figures that you haven't seen on our list? Because I still have 5 numbers with nothing in my list and I really hope these will be filled. Did you also seen the calendary and the pangolin?

Numa

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 11:50 pm

arafan wrote:
Hi Numaan,
Thank you so much for you work on uploading and sharing these pictures! 02.16.2016 cheers

. Did you also seen the calendary and the pangolin?

Hi Bryan

Yes I saw Pangolin and Oryx and others and took many close up shots. I will try to load them asap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)   tiger - Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala) Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo @ London Toy Fair January 2016 (Including Large Tiger & Black-Faced Impala)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next