Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mgarat

Mgarat

Country/State : Spain

1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis) Empty
PostSubject: 1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis)   1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 6:38 pm

The leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis) is a small wild cat native to South and East Asia.

Leopard cat subspecies differ widely in fur color, tail length and skull shape. There are significant differences between the southern populations and those in Japan and China. The most extended one is the one properly called Asian Leopard Cat (Prionailurus bengalensis bengalensis) which fur color is yellowish brown with clear black markings that may be spotted or rosetted. So, this is the species I have selected to start my new model

However, because of their distinct forms,  colors and size, as you can see in the picture, it is also worthy to make in the future a different models for those called Irimote Cat, in Japan, and Amur leopard Cat in China.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Archeological and morphometric studies have indicated that the first cat species to become a human commensal or domesticate in Neolithic China was the leopard cat, beginning at least 5000 years ago. However, as we already discussed in previous posts, these cats were ultimately replaced by historic times with cats descended from Felis sylvestris lybica of the Middle East.

Any way, since the 1960s the Asian Leopard Cat (Prionailurus bengalensis bengalensis) has been mated with a domestic cat to produce hybrid offspring known as the Bengal cat. This hybrid is usually permitted to be kept as pet without a license, not like pure leopard cat that in most places requires one.

My Topics on STS / Felidae Family Project (FFP)
My shop in Etsy
Back to top Go down
http://divartsity.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis)   1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 6:54 pm

More fabulously beautyful kitties drunken I love you

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis)   1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:41 am

Very interesting intorduction! cat These three look really different, not only in fur pattern actually. Very Happy

Mgarat

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis)   1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis) EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 11:35 pm

So, here is one of them...

My shop in Etsy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis)   1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 5:12 am

Beautieful!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mgarat

Mgarat

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis)   1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis) EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 9:30 pm

Thanks Andreas!!

My shop in Etsy
Back to top Go down
Mgarat

Mgarat

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis)   1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis) EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 9:32 pm

The walkaround:

My shop in Etsy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis)   1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis) EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 12:46 am

Another masterpiece! cheers

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis)   1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis) Empty

Back to top Go down

1:20 Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis)
Page 1 of 1