Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need help to ID brand & date of manufacture of this solid lead toy elephant

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Surfelvis

Country/State : USA/TX

Need help to ID brand & date of manufacture of this solid lead toy elephant Empty
PostSubject: Need help to ID brand & date of manufacture of this solid lead toy elephant   Need help to ID brand & date of manufacture of this solid lead toy elephant EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 10:00 pm

Can anyone help in id'g the brand & date of manufacture of a solid lead toy elephant?
It is painted red, with it's trunk up and has a gold (altho with age it has darkened to bronze), black and red blanket with flowers on it.  It weighs over 1 lb (453.592 g).  It has no mark or signature anywhere on it.  It is very heavy.  They were purchased as a pair. I think it is an Asian or Indian elephant; I'm not sure if it part of a circus theme or was a transport or hunting elephant. Thanks! Tracy[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Need help to ID brand & date of manufacture of this solid lead toy elephant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help to ID brand & date of manufacture of this solid lead toy elephant   Need help to ID brand & date of manufacture of this solid lead toy elephant EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:19 am

No idea but welcome here :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Need help to ID brand & date of manufacture of this solid lead toy elephant   Need help to ID brand & date of manufacture of this solid lead toy elephant EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:06 pm

Welcome onf forum! Very Happy I believe that this figure is not a toy figure but a kind of vintage decorative piece. It will turn very hard to identify it. These pieces often represent Indian elephants. :)

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Need help to ID brand & date of manufacture of this solid lead toy elephant   Need help to ID brand & date of manufacture of this solid lead toy elephant EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 3:53 pm

What a lovely elephant Very Happy

Is it a coin, she has in her mouth ?
My son has a frog with a coin in the mouth. He got it as a gift, and it should mean good luck . tongue Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help to ID brand & date of manufacture of this solid lead toy elephant   Need help to ID brand & date of manufacture of this solid lead toy elephant Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help to ID brand & date of manufacture of this solid lead toy elephant
Page 1 of 1