Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

my Deborah McDermott's horses

Go down 
+13
Anne from Norway
Dum_my
SUSANNE
costicuba
Tarunyada
Wilorvise
75senta75
Night Elf
LeeAnn
JamesPanda
donny ong
widukind
Roger
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses Empty
PostSubject: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 11:29 pm

Hello dear CollectA fans, this is thread with my first horses by Deborah.
When they released first horses made by her, I was positively surprised, but didn't start to collect them, as I wanted to be loyal to Schleich. But as Schleich isn't loayl to collectors Very Happy and focused mostly on kids, I decided to get some CollectA horses. Actually, they are vanishing from czech stores, and they don't sell 2015 horses.

My first horse is 2013 Dartmoor pony stallion, black (maybe I would appreciate the bay one more, but there was only the black):
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses Photog10
Very nice model, detailed, I like the waving tail and mane. For me he is a way too narrow, mostly the neck. But he doesn't have extreme pearshape. Here compared to my old Schleich riding pony "Merlin":
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses Ponies10

He is my first, but definitely not last, I'm allready waiting for two horses from MPV Wink

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 11:38 pm

It was a great decision! I dont have anything against Schleich and actually, not many brands attracted collectors to the world of horses as much as Schleich did, mostly with the older releases. Though, I see the horse hobby a kind of serious thing. What's the interest of collecting horses representing different breeds, colors, gaits, when the focus are braids, flowers, hearts and girlish things like that? scratch
Despite not being consensual, I find Deborah horses very serious works, as serious as horses and collectors deserve. Congrats! Very Happy

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 12:10 am

Roger wrote:
It was a great decision! I dont have anything against Schleich and actually, not many brands attracted collectors to the world of horses as much as Schleich did, mostly with the older releases. Though, I see the horse hobby a kind of serious thing. What's the interest of collecting horses representing different breeds, colors, gaits, when the focus are braids, flowers, hearts and girlish things like that?  scratch
Despite not being consensual, I find Deborah horses very serious works, as serious as horses and collectors deserve. Congrats! Very Happy
Thank you, Roger fot those wise words. I also don't have anything against Schleich, they produced many amazing models, which will always stay among my favourites. They've started my interest in equine breeds and history of breeding. I just disagree with their contemporary philosophy, so it's time to move further. And hiring professional sculptors like Deborah McdDermott is the philosophy I like and it's the best way to reach the serious level of model horses. Wink

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 12:13 am

Congratulations

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 3:08 am

Congrats!

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 9:16 am

Thank you, guys.

Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 11:09 am

Its a fantastic sculpt , the pics of most collectA figures never do justice , as the figures are even better when you hold them cheers . I have few horses but most are CollectA Wink

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 1:45 pm

He's one of my favorite CollectA molds I love you Congratulations! Very Happy

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 3:30 pm

Congratz on the dartmoor. :)
I like him to my self.
You can buy them in you country very cheap
Bought like 5 horses there one day at my vacation
spend half of what they would have cost in the Netherlands!

Night Elf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 7:01 am

Congrats! I love my Dartmoor and all my CollectAs. I love you Although my Schleichs still outnumber all other brands though due to availability. Smile

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 9:36 am

Thank you James, LeeAnn, Dummy and Jessica.
His mold is beautiful, I love him, and I'm going to show him on my first live show this weekend.
You're right, Dummy, they are cheap here. Compare to Schleich, this pony from yellow category costs less than Schleich red category. And CollectA foals are only a bit more than HALF price of Schleich foals. But unfortunately, they are just selling what they have in CollectA shelves and not getting new. So in most stores, you just find only few horses/farm animals/wildlife. And they don't have 2015 horses in czech stores neither in czech eshops :-\

Last edited by onatello on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 10:45 am

onatello wrote:
But unfortunately, they are just selling what they have in CollectA shelves and not getting new. So in most stores, you just find only few horses/farm animals/wildlife. And they don't have 2015 horses in czech stores neither in czech eshops :-\

Yes its the same problem in India, CollectA has only few stock on shelves and on the online shops, but the cost is 25% less than the european shelf rates of CollectA figures! I do not collect many horses, but CollectA has changed that for me sunny the sculpts are uniquely brilliant cheers

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun May 15, 2016 4:47 pm

Hi,
as I started collect ColletA, I had to buy of course some of my favourite Hanoverian breed. Here they are:
2010 stallion bay, 2015 mare bright bay
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses Hanove11

Ladies first:
Nice, quite big mare in elegant pose of piaffe, what I really like - the waving tail and concentration ih her face. She is made from harder plastic, so no bending legs and she stands properly.
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses Nobles10
She's another dressage Hanoverian for my collection. Compared to the Don Johnson (LE for MPV) and Schleich 13296 Dressage Hanoverian: Jonny still rules in the beauty and realism.
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses Nobles11

There are few flaws I don't like on her: her ears seem too long to me(twice as long as stallion's ears), her right fore leg is really odd from frontal view and she suffers from extreme pear shape. Compared to the stallion, who has correct body shape and accurate ears:
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses Hann_c10

And now, the nobleman:
I had this model in my hands few times in past, considering buying him, but because of paintwork, I didn't buy him. Now he isn't available in my country, so I bought him on MPV (and the 2015 mare even didn't appear in local stores). And I was pretty surprised with his colours. Maybe they changed it slightely, or maybe I changed my requirement. He is still a bit reddish, but the shading is nice, no visible airbrush lines.
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses His_hi11

The sculpt is very good, detailed with good proportions and anatomy. And there's one thing in which he beated Jonny - his face isn't so narrow as Jonny's.
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses His_hi10

Beauty of this model was confirmed on Prague live show this weekend, when he won first place in other brands warmblood cathegory and third place in all other brands OF horses. So, he is a little champion Very Happy

Last edited by onatello on Sun May 15, 2016 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun May 15, 2016 5:19 pm

Great photos. In my opion, CollectA has for moment the best horse models in this size. I love you

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun May 15, 2016 5:40 pm

Thank you, I'm learning with new camera. I have to agree, CollectA rules in this scale of horses.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun May 15, 2016 6:31 pm

Beautyful wonderful horses !!! sunny

Thankyou for the great pictures and the evaluation !
This kind of topic is very valuable , and I have found that it is not easy at all to make them nearly as well as you did here Applause

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:27 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Beautyful wonderful horses !!! sunny

Thankyou for the great pictures and the evaluation !
This kind of topic is very valuable , and I have found that it is not easy at all to make them nearly as well as you did here Applause

Oh, thank you very much, Susanne. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon May 16, 2016 1:18 am

I am also an enthusiast of Deborah's sculpts and I agree that your considerations and pictures are very baluable and your pictures very pleasant. Very Happy

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:25 am

Congrats! They are very nice.

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon May 16, 2016 11:54 am

Thank you, Roger and Donny Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon May 16, 2016 3:38 pm

Congrats. I enjoyed your pictures and commentary :)

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon May 16, 2016 7:46 pm

Wilorvise wrote:
Congrats. I enjoyed your pictures and commentary :)
Thank you Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun May 22, 2016 9:37 pm

i Agree with you
Congratz :)

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyTue May 24, 2016 9:45 pm

Dum_my wrote:
i Agree with  you
Congratz :)
Thanks Wink

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 7:44 pm

Hello, I have unexpected addition to my Hanoverian family. Last week I visited nearest toy store to buy some gift for my baby nephew, and I checked the CollectA shelves. Surprisly, they had few new foals - 2016 Paso and 2015 Hanoverian. So I bought this filly:
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses Hanove15

Actually, I'm a bit dissapointed, in my opinion it looks better on the promo photo. It lacks a foal's cuteness in its face (it looks quite tough mostly from frontal view), the colour is too orange and its mane should be more black, as it is supposed to be a bay horse. Also the tail is oddly painted to a light brown (it is strange, cause the whole paintwork is done by airbrush and tail is just painted with solid colour). But I like the movement with swishing tail and the sculpt is full of details (she even has tiny udder) with corect body shape (not exetreme pear shape). Together with its mother:
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses Hanove16
It's visible they were released in the same year, they're so much alike! Both caught in dynamic pose full of life, and it seems to me that their heads are similar.
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses Hanove17
But there is also a resemblance with the stallion, in head shape and also in the leg markings, both have white sock on right hind leg. So no doubts - she is his daughter Wink
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses Hanove13
And just one family portrait: horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses Hanove14

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses Empty

Back to top Go down

my Deborah McDermott's horses
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next