Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

my Deborah McDermott's horses

Go down 
+13
Anne from Norway
Dum_my
SUSANNE
costicuba
Tarunyada
Wilorvise
75senta75
Night Elf
LeeAnn
JamesPanda
donny ong
widukind
Roger
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Night Elf

Night Elf

Country/State : United States

horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 7:35 pm

onatello wrote:

She has no facial markings! A factory flaw, and a possible rarity? (Maybe I could call her Rarity  Very Happy) I wonder if it is usual with this model, or do I really have a unique horse? scratch what about your Thorougbred mares, do they have stars and snips? Wink

I think you may have a rarity, at least on this side of the Pond. The pictures of her on eBay in the US show her with a star and a snip, both promo and in-hand pictures. Congrats! I think she is lovely. What a Face

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 2:37 am

Haha Laughing great video too cheers
Ponies are so charming and funny lol!

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 3:31 pm

Night Elf wrote:
onatello wrote:

She has no facial markings! A factory flaw, and a possible rarity? (Maybe I could call her Rarity  Very Happy) I wonder if it is usual with this model, or do I really have a unique horse? scratch what about your Thorougbred mares, do they have stars and snips? Wink

I think you may have a rarity, at least on this side of the Pond. The pictures of her on eBay in the US show her with a star and a snip, both promo and in-hand pictures. Congrats! I think she is lovely. What a Face

Thank you, nice to hear from you cheers

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 3:32 pm

costicuba wrote:
...Ponies are so charming and funny lol!
Absolutely!

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 1:48 pm

Hello, after quite a long while, I got (unexpected) addition to my CollectA herd, lovely Thoroughbred filly:
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 Coll_t12

She was on my wishlist, but as they stock CollectA models rather rarely here, it was quite a surprise when I spotted her in a store.

Her head is really cute:
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 Coll_f11

With vital curious expression:
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 Coll_f12

She is very well sculpted, way better than my Hanoverian filly from 2015. The Hanoverian doesn't have the lovely head of a foal, her head is somehow rough with not that vital expression.
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 Coll_f10

The Thoroughbred filly (from 2014) has also more details, for example intimate parts, so no doubt, she's a filly Wink
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 Coll_t10

There is also another variant of that chestnut Thoroughbred foal - a standing colt, but I wanted more the filly -
she fits better to the mare with her pose, thanks to it she could trot by her mother's side.horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 Coll_t11

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 9:57 pm

affraid  cheers

That must be the most lovely model of a sports-breed foal I have ever seen  I love you  drunken

Your pictures are wonderful too, and I agree that Filly fits perfectly to the mare  Applause  Applause  Very Happy

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 12:41 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

affraid  cheers

That must be the most lovely model of a sports-breed foal I have ever seen  I love you  drunken

Your pictures are wonderful too, and I agree that Filly fits perfectly to the mare  Applause  Applause  Very Happy

Hi Susanne, you're right, this is probably the most beautiful sporthorse foal, at least in my collection and at least from "Little Bits".
And thank you, happy you like my photos Wink

Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 11:13 am

She is lovely!

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 2:50 pm

Wow, this is really a beautiful model of a filly!
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 5:21 pm

Thank you @Dum_my and @Anne from Norway!

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 12:57 pm

Hi there,
as you may know, I love dressage, it is my favourite equine sport - I love the idea of development of natural motoring of a horse (sometimes on pastures you can really see foals showing some of dressage moves) and the harmony and communication between horse and a rider needed for good performance, also dressage horses have to be smart to understand what they're supposed to do.
In model horse world, there are some horses in dressage positions, and so is the CollectA Hanoverian mare. And sometimes the dressage position looks somehow silly itself, but is something really different with dressage equipment:
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 Dressa12

I think the mare's concentration during performing piaffe makes now more sense.
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 Dressa13

It is handmade by Czech collector and model horse artist to fit exactly the mare and a rider (I've sent them to her to make it really fitting).
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 Dressa16

It is precisely made, with double reins:
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 Dressa11

The rider is Bullyland dressage rider "Viola" and I bought it for Bullyland special edition El Santo NRW to make dressage pas de deux with Schleich Hanoverian mare. But the rider is quite big, so El Santo looks like a pony under her. But I realized she fit to CollectA horses with her size.
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 Dressa14

The Hanoverian mare by Schleich with their dressage set is really smaller, they can be used together only to make a second rider in background:
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 Dressa15

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 7:57 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 8:41 pm

Nice horses and wonderful photography!
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 3:02 pm

Thank you Andreas and Valeria!

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 9:18 pm

Hi there, after many Breyer additions and some Schleichs, I also got a CollectA.
She is a "bonus pony" from Yvette, that came with some Schleichs and Brumbies in January.
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 Arab_m10
Lovely Arab lady, in elegant white grey, with high tail carriage, captured in gallop (?). I call her Energica to fit to my herd of Arabian mares, their names begin with E.
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 E_arab10
The CollectA one is off scale though, she is bigger than the trio. But I don't mind.
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 Energi11
She is pretty, with vital, and kinda nervous expression. But that's maybe Arabian are full of energy and temperament?
horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 Energi10
Her face is really dished, of an Egyptian Arabian type, it is maybe bit unhealthy on a real horse, but definitely beautiful on a model horse.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 1:16 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 10:04 pm

These pictures are very beautiful as alway! I find that Arbian from CollectA a beautiful rendition of an Arabian and I like that it is in a pose that breaks with the classic poses. I also enjoy reading your comments about the figure. Very Happy

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 8:52 pm

Thank you very much Andreas and Roger, I'm happy you like my photos as it is quite difficult to take photos of white greys.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 8:29 pm

Ohhh, dear ! It is more than a year since you showed us your beautyful pictures Sad

Please, I hope you have not given up collecting Collecta horses ? affraid bounce

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 6:20 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Ohhh, dear ! It is more than a year since you showed us your beautyful pictures Sad

Please, I hope you have not given up collecting Collecta horses ? affraid bounce

Because of onatello and his wonderful photos, now I have most of the models from this topic.
I also hope he will come back bounce

Country/State : UUSA TX

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2022 4:15 pm

Anyone know what happened to Deborah’s collection? Etsy isn’t active and her web page is old
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2022 4:38 pm

Have you tried looking for her on Facebook or Instagram? I know a lot of hobby artists share their work and sales through social media rather than running regularly updated personal websites/shops now. But they don't always show up through Google, I've just searched her name and not found any active social media accounts, but worth a look if you're able to access the search on the sites yourself?

sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 2:27 am

these 2 links still work in their signature bar (on the posts above)- is this what you are looking for ?

***Ars Animalium on facebook***
***I am Ars Animalium on Insta***
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 2:39 pm

I think the poster's looking for Deborah McDermott, the sculptor for the CollectA horses featured, rather than for the collector sharing them in this topic.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   horses - my Deborah McDermott's horses - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

my Deborah McDermott's horses
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3