Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The very varied Durolin models :-D

Go down 
+4
WhiteLightning Wolf
Roger
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The very varied Durolin models :-D Empty
PostSubject: The very varied Durolin models :-D   The very varied Durolin models :-D EmptyThu May 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Time flies !!!  Shocked
Suddenly almost 2 weeks have gone since I won this wonderful flock of models from Durolin :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I promised to show some pictures, but as there are app 50 models,and since I have only seen one before, I wanted to do some research first, - ARE THEY actually from Durolin ????  scratch

After spending many wonderful hours taking pictures and studying each model, I contacted Torsten Berg ( Expert in DDR-models), and he sent me a link to Figuren-journal :In Figuren-Journal http://www.figuren-journal.com/iWVbsW6JtfB7qWRP2YPlGfOPmnKK7m/Index.cgi?action=articles&articles=detail&id=52

Here Ulrich Raue writes :

"The company Durolin was originally a subsidiary of the company Pfeiffer in Vienna, and untill the end of World War III they finished animal models for Elastolin. Probably also used several Lineol-forms in the manufacturing.
In the 80's figures were prepared in the remaining forms again, but with a different mass.
The figures shrank partly beyond recognition, were nevertheless painted and sold.
The productions are so wayward that these figures are the absolutely lowest price Scala.
Some figures are marked with Durolin, others the lettering of the former company was scraped or repainted thick."

Well, as you can see, Durolin has had an adventurous life !
...look also here http://figurenmuseum.de/masse-tierkatalog/verschiedene-hersteller/durolin/
There are many different styles, materials and qualities, and they have worked together with sevral of the well know composition-brands Very Happy
Ulrich Raue shows some examples of Durolin models , and I was delighted to recognize some of my new babies there!
Below I have inserted pictures of mine beside the ones from Figuren-Journal :

Bigger photos :
Now TWO owls live here . Yvette has already secures one for me, - the one to the left .

I wanted to use my new models to get a bit of an overview, and if possible illustrate a little about it, but it is not that easy !!!
So I am taking it little by little Wink

The first thing I could see, was that this big, hollow anteater is NOT from Durolin !
With help from Ulrich Raue I found out that it is a model from Lisanto !

But what is VERY typical for many later  Durolin models is the round head and extremely pointed noses :chock:

And here we see some very good examples of the mentioned "shrinking" in the later models :

Look at these two foxes !!! They both have round skulls, but the most red one is a good example of the models from the 80's :

At long last I found out where my most weird hyena came from  Laughing

The wonderful Chamoix ! Here the pointed nose looks almost elegant Very Happy

That is all for now, - more ( sooner or)  later cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The very varied Durolin models :-D   The very varied Durolin models :-D EmptyThu May 12, 2016 4:57 pm

The most impressive collection of Cyrano de Bergerac I ever seen Laughing

The real gem is this incredible Lisanto anteater, never saw, never heard of and alas never touch one Shocked Congratulation Susanne. Very Happy

This anteater deserve a walkaround Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The very varied Durolin models :-D   The very varied Durolin models :-D EmptyThu May 12, 2016 5:20 pm

I am sure Sue and Lesley could be of great help here. Very Happy
You're building an impressive collection of composition figures, each brand has its own features and you soon or later will learn how to identify most of them. We're happy that you share your collectin/researching with us so we all can learn a little about these pieces of history. The anteater is a unique design, I also don't remember seeing it before. Very Happy

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The very varied Durolin models :-D   The very varied Durolin models :-D EmptyThu May 12, 2016 6:06 pm

Those foxes! I love you

Such wonderful additions, Suzanne, and wonderful information! I have so much trouble properly identifying those composition figures. So happy you were able to find all this info, it is VERY helpful! Thank you!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The very varied Durolin models :-D   The very varied Durolin models :-D EmptyFri May 13, 2016 4:20 am

A very interesting topic :) Thank you for sharing Susanne :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The very varied Durolin models :-D   The very varied Durolin models :-D EmptyFri May 13, 2016 5:04 am

Incredible additions Susanne! Thank you for the photos Very Happy I agree with Christophe, the crazy anteater deserves a walk around Very Happy
The "green-beaked" pelican and the chubby hare are adorable and the chamois looks indeed like an elegant lady here Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The very varied Durolin models :-D   The very varied Durolin models :-D EmptyFri May 13, 2016 5:26 pm

Ana wrote:
Incredible additions Susanne! Thank you for the photos Very Happy I agree with Christophe, the crazy anteater deserves a walk around Very Happy
The "green-beaked" pelican and the chubby hare are adorable and the chamois looks indeed like an elegant lady here Very Happy

Here is the anteater https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t16975-lisanto-giant-anteater Very Happy

jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: The very varied Durolin models :-D   The very varied Durolin models :-D EmptySat May 14, 2016 9:13 am

Congrats, Susanne, nice to see so many old Czechoslovak "Masse" figurines at once! Most of these I remember from my childhood...
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The very varied Durolin models :-D   The very varied Durolin models :-D EmptySat May 14, 2016 11:44 am

jarda wrote:
Congrats, Susanne, nice to see so many old Czechoslovak "Masse" figurines at once! Most of these I remember from my childhood...

That is wonderful cheers

Perhaps you can find some on flea markets ? bounce
If you know more, I would me very, very interested cheers

75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The very varied Durolin models :-D   The very varied Durolin models :-D EmptySun May 15, 2016 11:54 am

This is a very interesting and informative topic with a lot of informations, you can almost see the differences between the two manufacturers. Thanks a lot Susanne. sunny I love you

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The very varied Durolin models :-D   The very varied Durolin models :-D EmptySun May 15, 2016 1:40 pm

Thankyou, Yvette! flower

I hope to show more soon Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The very varied Durolin models :-D   The very varied Durolin models :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

The very varied Durolin models :-D
Page 1 of 1