Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)

Go down 
+7
LeeAnn
Ana
bojan
trovalsa
Roger
widukind
SUSANNE
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) Empty
PostSubject: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 10:27

Look, what I got from Roger  cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

They are the same moulds as some retired Schleich.
But the marking and tags are different :

The lovely rearing mustang Morgan with beautyful paintwork :

One of my favorite models, - the Holstein horse . It is called "Lipizzan", - not very typical for the breed  Laughing

Another beautyful, old Schleich model, the Hanoverian .  Very Happy
Sooty chestnut, - now called Arabian  Shocked

And black. In the shop they called him "Andalusian"  geek
But he is lovely. Please note that the mane and tail are not just black, they are painted with a more shiny surface !!!

The Schleich Holstein here is called "Buckskin horse". Roger kept this one, and hopes to get it changed to one without scratches  Laughing

We have already see the musk ox, but now I took the pictures, and he is so lovely that a few more photos won't harm  Very Happy
Even more important : He was a gift from Roger  drunken

Compared to the Schleich Holstein horses ( no 13262 and the lighter bay one, which was half of the team pulling the prarie wagon :

The beautyful, old Hanoverian together with his new siblings :

My Schleich Rearing Mustangs are packed down. I will try to make a comparison picture later  Rolling Eyes

Thankyou, thankyou, Roger, for getting these delightful and rare models 4me sunny cheers flower

Y'all may already know this, but in case somebody doesn't,  M&B made several other models from old Schleich moulds. You can see the 6 tropical fishes and the sealife models HERE
They also made some poultry, but they are unmarked :

Last edited by SUSANNE on Tue 17 May 2016 - 9:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 11:01

Big congratulations for you Susanne and a big hurray for our crocodile :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 12:14

widukind wrote:
Big congratulations for you Susanne and a big hurray for our crocodile :)

Crocodile cheers bounce cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 14:25

Susanne, it is so nice to see your presentation of these horses and muskox. Very Happy
They are like Schleich special editions although they are only repainted versions from a long date partner company.
I need yet to confirm but I think they call the black horse an Andalusian instead of Friesian or Arab.
I agree the painting work is very nice but I think they should choose better their breeds. Schleich breeds are much better adjusted to the sculpt than those from M&B. Hard to see an Arabian in that mold, I haven't removed it from the plastic bag so I couldn't see it as perfectly as in your pictures
The color of that Lipi is convincent but the mold is also not adjusted at all. I think they're doing a great work but they definitively should be more careful naming their figures. I have to recall that they call the muskox a buffalo. I am very curious to see which figures will they bring back later, I've heard that they introduced the grey whale calf in their range too. I have to check it once it isn't yet in their website. Very Happy study

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 15:28

Roger wrote:
.......I think they're doing a great work but they definitively should be more careful naming their figures. I have to recall that they call the muskox a buffalo. I am very curious to see which figures will they bring back later,.......Very Happy study

lol! lol!

trovalsa

trovalsa

Country/State : from Portugal to England

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 18:19

Oh, my, they are lovely!! It seems I will have to be on the lookout next time I visit Lisbon, I have wanted to get these older molds for quite a long time. Who knows, perhaps they even have my favourite, the old Thoroughbred... I love you

Congratulations on your lovely new additions! The Hanoverians in particular have such a sweet face. Very Happy

But, Susanne, the rearing horse is not in the mustang mold, but the morgan. Razz Painted quite a lighter colour!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .: Tomás :.
Back to top Go down
http://blue-skystudios.blogspot.pt
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 19:02

trovalsa wrote:
But, Susanne, the rearing horse is not in the mustang mold, but the morgan. Razz Painted quite a lighter colour!

Ohh, goodness me !!! You are right !!!  Shocked
I had completely forgotten the lovely, little Morgan  Embarassed

Here they are , - Mustangs to the left, and the Morgans to the right !!!

The Schelich Morgan was made 1997 - 2006, - the Mustangs replaced them in 2007 study Very Happy

Thankyou very much, Pip Applause flower

bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 21:23

Wow, Susanne, those are amazing! Musk Ox wow! I need that one too.
And that old goose and ducks are magnificent!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 1:33

Susanne, I was again on Science4you shop and I confirmed that they call the black horse an Andalusian. Not a perfect breed choice for that Hanoverian but surely better than calling it a Friesian, I guess. Wink
I already fixed it on TAI so you can edit your post if you want.
I added also the rearing horse as a Morgan but can Morgan be grey? If not, I add it as a mixed and non breed horse once M&B is not assigning any breed to it.
It is great to see again this topic with the rearing horse comparisons, actually, and although I like best the Mustangs, I am glad it is a Morgan once it means a painting quite different from the Schleich version.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 9:38

Thankyou, Roger Very Happy

Yes, I am sure Morgans can be grey study

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 9:41

Wow for the musk ox, it is amazing! cheers Horses are lovely also, very nice looking in these new colours. I agree the breeds don't fit these moulds, but the models are very very nice, no matter the name. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 15:01

I so totally agree, dear Anna Very Happy

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 16:53

They are beautiful cheers Love the buckskin color on that Holstein! Shocked

Congrats my friend Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 23:51

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou, Roger Very Happy

Yes, I am sure Morgans can be grey study

Great, thanks! Very Happy

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 21:42

Congratz on them
Would buy if could (A)

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyFri 10 Nov 2017 - 3:29

Where i can buy the M+B Muskox?

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyFri 10 Nov 2017 - 11:54

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:

I think you won't find it online. I don't know if it is still available here in local shops but, if you wish, I can check it for you. I only don't know how much is the shipping to the Airport. Wink Laughing

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyFri 10 Nov 2017 - 17:50

Roger wrote:
Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:

I think you won't find it online. I don't know if it is still available here in local shops but, if you wish, I can check it for you. I only don't know how much is the shipping to the Airport. Wink Laughing

The Airport is in Germany. ^^
Yes, please search for that muskox. Thank you. You can give me a PM, when you find it.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyFri 10 Nov 2017 - 21:40

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
Roger wrote:
Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:

The Airport is in Germany. ^^
Yes, please search for that muskox. Thank you. You can give me a PM, when you find it.

Laughing I already started hunting it like an Arctic wolf. It seems it is almost extinct but I have some faith. I will pm you then. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyFri 10 Nov 2017 - 21:51

Roger wrote:
Laughing I already started hunting it like an Arctic wolf. ......

The howling crocodile Crocodile cheers lol!

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptySat 11 Nov 2017 - 18:15

Love the poultry! Smile Smile Smile

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyThu 14 Dec 2017 - 22:30

I've found another wildlife figure on Maia&Borges/Science4you range that we know from Schleich.
It is the Schleich 14322 that was available from 2004 to 2011.
Another strange element in this experimental series. The painting is updated and shows a different color from the version I know. The figure is cute but not up to date, so I hope Mojö Fun is not thinking in introducing this figure in their range. Also, they released in 2016 an elephant calf.
I am not totally against the reintroduction of known figures but it should be made with moderation and with very specific figures.

Maia & Borges African elephant calf

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptyFri 15 Dec 2017 - 9:16

Nice elephant calf :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
TeddyLam

Country/State : Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptySat 3 Feb 2018 - 1:01

It is so difficult to find. I can't find

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) EmptySat 3 Feb 2018 - 8:21

An elephant calf ! Shocked

You are right. It is a lovely model, but why re-introduce it ? scratch

Thankyou for the info Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   horses - Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)
Page 1 of 1