Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo large elephant :-)

Go down 
+3
Roger
Tarunyada
SUSANNE
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

papo - Papo large elephant :-) Empty
PostSubject: Papo large elephant :-)   papo - Papo large elephant :-) EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 2:09 pm

I am happy to present the new, African elephant in size large for you Very Happy

He weight 1085 grams, so he is a solid guy .
However, he is not as large as  the big Safari-ones , - here you see him taking a walk with Safari Wildlife wonder and Vanishing Wild African elephants Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The mould is almost exactly the same as the new one for this year, - just larger Very Happy

Here he is in different light...he likes the sunshine best, but agreed to try  Laughing

A couple of details  elephant

That's all , folks Very Happy
He is a very friendly elephant, but African male elephants aren't famous for their patience Laughing

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Papo large elephant :-)   papo - Papo large elephant :-) EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 2:20 pm

He's huge, but it's funny he can't beat the Safari Ltd ones Razz Thanks for sharing, Susanne, and congratulations on getting him Smile

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo large elephant :-)   papo - Papo large elephant :-) EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 3:51 pm

This was a very wanted walk around and I am not sure you're completely recovered from your shoulder and you're already providing us wonderful pictures of this piece! Your dedication to STS is priceless! flower
You start with what would be much probably the most requested comparison picture. I was also very curious to see it together with the Safari giants. elephant The fact of Papo figure being smaller is not a good news to collectors that want to find a big elephant in good scale with the majority of standard sized figures from major brands. Though, it will display much better than the standard elephant. Considering the weight you mentioned, it uses a similar material density than the standard figures what turns it quite heavy. Safari is more modern in that regard since they changed the solide built of VW figure to a robuste hollow cast without seams. Despite the advantages of the latter, I think collectors still appreciate more to feel the weight of a figure.
The elephant is very decent, in good line with the good job Papo performed with their standard figures that are generally better sculpts than other standard sized elephants. Though, they probably haven't reached the quality of Safari giants.
We have some elephant experts on forum that can give a more adjusted opinion in this regard and I would love to read what everyone think about it. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Papo large elephant :-)   papo - Papo large elephant :-) EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 7:54 pm

Thankyou, dear Julie flower

Thankyou for the great comments, Roger sunny
Yes, it is a nice feeling that the Papo elephant is so heavy...it sor of feels like good quality compared to the Wildlife Wonders one Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo large elephant :-)   papo - Papo large elephant :-) EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 8:02 pm

Beautieful but huge elephant :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Papo large elephant :-)   papo - Papo large elephant :-) EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 9:10 pm

Thank you for the pictures Susanne.
I'm quite surprised to see how "small" the big Papo Elephant is compared to Safari ltd.'s.
In my head I figured they would be of simular size, I don't know why. scratch
It's still a nice Elephant.
But a missed chance from Papo to give a larger figure better details, I think.
It's a little bland IMO. The skin could easily have gotten more shades of grey for better texture
and it wouldn't be hard to give an Elephant this size the pretty brown eyes it deserves.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Papo large elephant :-)   papo - Papo large elephant :-) EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 9:55 pm

Simone, you are right ! It would make a lot of difference if they had painted wonderful amber eyes on him Very Happy

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Papo large elephant :-)   papo - Papo large elephant :-) EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 11:08 am

I thought I commented on this topic, how did I miss it? It's a lovely elephant and in a nice scale! Thank you for the walk around Susanne! cheers elephant

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Papo large elephant :-)   papo - Papo large elephant :-) EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 11:30 am

Ana wrote:
I thought I commented on this topic, how did I miss it? It's a lovely elephant and in a nice scale! Thank you for the walk around Susanne! cheers elephant

Thankyou, dear Anna Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo large elephant :-)   papo - Papo large elephant :-) EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 1:27 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
Thank you for the pictures Susanne.
I'm quite surprised to see how "small" the big Papo Elephant is compared to Safari ltd.'s.
In my head I figured they would be of simular size, I don't know why.  scratch
It's still a nice Elephant.
But a missed chance from Papo to give a larger figure better details, I think.
It's a little bland IMO. The skin could easily have gotten more shades of grey for better texture
and it wouldn't be hard to give an Elephant this size the pretty brown eyes it deserves.

Indeed, except the wolf maybe, all Papo big size are less painted than smaller ones.

Thank you for the walkaround and comparison pics Susanne Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo large elephant :-)   papo - Papo large elephant :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo large elephant :-)
Page 1 of 1