Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Coral Reef Diver set 42328 with wobbegong :-D

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Schleich Coral Reef Diver set 42328 with wobbegong :-D Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Coral Reef Diver set 42328 with wobbegong :-D   Schleich Coral Reef Diver set 42328 with wobbegong :-D EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 2:52 pm

After hesitating for some time, my curiosity got the better of me, and I got the Coral Reef set with the wobbegong Embarassed

I already have the spotted wobbegong, - and the plants, corals and diver, so it was a bit expensive for just the little shell and starfish, - but IS the wobbegong the same as the old 14559 from 2006 - 2009 ? bounce

It is a very nice set Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

consisting of hthese parts :

I adore the shark  cheers

The diver is ok, - but if they can make such nice paintwork in Bayala models, why couldn't they make something better on the diver ?  Suspect

The mould invites some much better paintwork, doesn't it ?  silent

My vacuum cleaner began drooling when I took this tiny shell and starfish out  pale  
So  after they had their picture taken, I put them in a small zipper-bag, and then into a larger bag and back in the box  Laughing

But Schleich ! Why, oh why couldn't you have made the shark clearly different from the older one ?

Here they are together, - the old one with tag  ( Both Made in China).
The new on is a little lighter, and the material is a little more shiny on the upper side....

but fnny enough the new one is more matte on the underside  Very Happy
And of course the new one has a lot more text + the little "clock" showing the production side on his "flipper" .

So it is possible to distinguish them from each other. However I don't like it when the old, expensive collector's items are just being made again !
It is  not sporty  No

PS In case you are interested, you can see the other sets here :

Moray eel : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Coral fish : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Purple octupus : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by SUSANNE on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Reef Diver set 42328 with wobbegong :-D   Schleich Coral Reef Diver set 42328 with wobbegong :-D EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 1:15 pm

Susanne, thanks for this great walk around! Very Happy
I agree that it is not fair to bring old models back reducing their collectability value. It may only be interesting to those who never had the chance of getting it and that cannot afford the requested prices for the old figure, however, in a set, it won't result cheap either. They should include a different nurse shark, remastering a figure seems to be a good option in this case and with minor changes and a different painting, they could easily represent another animal. Is it the bottom part of the sea star?
I like these sets from Schleich. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Reef Diver set 42328 with wobbegong :-D   Schleich Coral Reef Diver set 42328 with wobbegong :-D EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 2:54 pm

Thank you for these pics Susanne :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Reef Diver set 42328 with wobbegong :-D   Schleich Coral Reef Diver set 42328 with wobbegong :-D EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Thankyou, guys Very Happy

Roger wrote:
..... Is it the bottom part of the sea star?

No. Here is the bottom of them :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]upload gifs

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Reef Diver set 42328 with wobbegong :-D   Schleich Coral Reef Diver set 42328 with wobbegong :-D EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 5:45 pm

I like it !! Nice Susanne the small pieces are cool

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Reef Diver set 42328 with wobbegong :-D   Schleich Coral Reef Diver set 42328 with wobbegong :-D EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 5:49 pm

Thank you for showing the new and old wobbagong shark to us Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Reef Diver set 42328 with wobbegong :-D   Schleich Coral Reef Diver set 42328 with wobbegong :-D EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 1:58 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou, guys Very Happy

Roger wrote:
..... Is it the bottom part of the sea star?

No. Here is the bottom of them :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]upload gifs

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Thanks Susanne, now it is clear for me. Like a Star @ heaven

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Reef Diver set 42328 with wobbegong :-D   Schleich Coral Reef Diver set 42328 with wobbegong :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Coral Reef Diver set 42328 with wobbegong :-D
Page 1 of 1