Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Very Happy Make your suggestion for the SUY of November : CLICK HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:43 pm

As most of you already know, Reeves, the company that owns Breyer, has purchased the CollectA brand and will be carrying CollectA models in the Breyer line as of 2017. The new name will be "Corral Pals."

As we expected, Reeves will not be carrying the wildlife line. The 2017 line will only include the horse and farm lines, however, we can still hold out hope that the wildlife, sealife, and prehistoric lines will be either continued by CollectA or sold to another company. I only know about the molds Reeves purchased and those are the horse and farm lines.

Now, here's what is staying and going. Reeves will be discontinuing the Deluxe scale models, as these compete directly with their Classics line. Only the smaller scale models will be produced. In addition, of the smaller models, only the ones sculpted by Deborah McDermott will be in Breyer's product range. So if you want any of the Deluxe models or the older ones not done by Deb, I would suggest getting them now before they're gone Wink What's available now is all there's ever going to be - dealers cannot order more and when their stock is gone, that's all they have to sell.

The stable playset is also going away, which I think is a good choice, those were older models in that package and I can't imagine the barn was a good seller anyway.

Breyer is also doing away with several foal molds, including the 88517 Trotting Haflinger Foal, 88545 Bay Roan Mustang Foal, and 88587 Quarter Horse Foal - Sorrel.

Adult horses also being discontinued:
88623 Perlino Akhal-Teke
88634 Buckskin Akhal-Teke
88023 Dartmoor Pony - Black
88024 Dartmoor Pony - Bay
88605 Shetland Pony - Sorrel
88623 Fjord Stallion - Grulla
88475 Arabian Mare - Golden Chestnut
88502 Lusitano Stallion - Grey
88646 Morgan Stallion - Bay

If you want any of those above mentioned models, get them now before they're gone!

As far as price changes go, I don't know if prices will be staying the same with Breyer or not, we'll just have to wait and see. I'm curious to see if Breyer will be keeping the plastic and paintwork the same too, or using something different.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! Here's hoping the wildlife line does come back, even if not through Reeves.

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:56 pm

o.0 Oh no....

So if I understand this correctly, CollectA will be gone, completely?
The horses and farm will be continued by Reeves, but will CollectA continue with the rest of their lines, or?

I hope Reeves makes it possible to buy in Europe as well, trough MPV for example.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:58 pm

Shocked Mad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:06 pm

Wow, these aren't that good news, I'm really sorry for the horse collectors. It's a pitty that CollectA won't produce anymore domestic animals, they also had a great range of rare domestic animals. I really just hope that we soon will know more about what will happen to the wildlife and the prehistoric lines, it would be very bad news not seeing the new presented figurines on the market. Shocked
Thank you so much for sharing these informations with us!

Edit: Just looked at their website and they definitley will be on the toy fair in Nuernberg, I can't belive that will be the completely end of CollectA scratch

Last edited by arafan on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:14 pm

Oh my god...very bad news Sad No Saiga, Bongo, Secretary Bird...if this nightmare comes true, than I´m very frustrated...
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:21 pm

Oh no! This is sad news if it really does lead to the loss of such a great company... Crying or Very sad

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:57 pm

I won't believe that CollectA will discontinue the wildlife figures and prehistoric life.
These figures are among the best plastic figures out there.
Why would CollectA stop producing them?
Maybe Breyer made an offer they couldn't refuse for the horses and cattle,
but I won't believe this will be the end of CollectA's wildlife.

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I won't believe that CollectA will discontinue the wildlife figures and prehistoric life.
These figures are among the best plastic figures out there.
Why would CollectA stop producing them?
Maybe Breyer made an offer they couldn't refuse for the horses and cattle,
but I won't believe this will be the end of CollectA's wildlife.

I hope it too, because why they should present new models.

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:26 pm

First Collecta was Procon and now becomes Corral, I hope  that it changes only the name.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:01 pm

As far at the other lines go, I don't have any information unfortunately. I too hope they continue the wildife line but I don't know if CollectA themselves will stay in business or if Reeves bought out the entire company. We can only hope they produce the wildlife line on their own and Breyer continues with the horses. Smile

barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:31 pm

It seems like Breyer is trying to incorporate CollectA into their own brand rather than just distribute it.  I see this as bad news, especially for horse fans.  I think CollectA was a big enough name to sell figures on its own and didn't need to be changed, plus they're retiring a lot of the best horses.  I hope they don't plan on doing the same with their dog and cat lines.

I actually see it as good news that they are leaving the prehistoric and wildlife lines alone for now since they could theoretically still be produced by what remains of the original company.  It also sounds like they can be distributed through Reeves (although I don't know how easy this would be) so these figures could be much easier to find for people in the US in the future.
Back to top Go down
terrorchicken

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:15 am

Im so sad about this news. I stared collecting Collecta dinosaurs and then also got into their wildlife, mostly their hoofed animals. I havent gotten any of the horses yet other than the przewalski, I kinda want to start getting some now.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:30 am

OHHHH! NO !!! affraid

I don't know what to say ! this is so terribly, terribly sad Sad Sad Sad

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:57 am

the prehistoric line is special and I cant believe they would put that line at risk or even stop production , it seems the horse and farm life has a fate sealed Neutral , the wildlife production should continue hopefully scratch and independently ... but they may have a brand name change on the figures Suspect .. ( and a price change?? Rolling Eyes ) overall takeovers are never good news though ...

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:22 pm

In short, they will not continue with the line of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Collecta? This is bad news.

And Collecta's prehistoric animals of 2017 Will they be marketed? Or is it going to stop production? I am interested in all your figures
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:06 pm

In short, they will not continue with the line of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Collecta? This is bad news.

And Collecta's prehistoric animals of 2017 Will they be marketed? Or is it going to stop production? I am interested in all your figures

Breyer will not continue the other lines but if CollectA will still carry these lines on their own, that I don't know. Maybe [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has more info?

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:31 pm

Ohh, yes !! Numaan may know more ? bounce bounce

JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:40 pm

Im confident COllectA wildlife , Sealife , Prehistoric Line, will carry on !! sunny ..Im still not happy they have been taken over by Reeves ... But business sometimes has strange ways and partners .. Fingers crossed because I hate that another company would influence what collectA produces over the next years !! .. thank god for SouthLands Replicas !! and Mojo still is surviving !! Hope for good news from Numaan .. the worst is already in the news bounce

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:14 pm

I got this pm by CollectA:

"CollectA can only be stronger in 2017! The management remains unchanged with the passion of producing high quality animals replicas for collectors!"

Last edited by widukind on Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:46 pm

I got this pm by CollectA

CollectA can only be stronger in 2017! The management remains unchanged with the passion of producing high quality animals replicas for collectors!

cheers cheers Wink

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:18 pm

"CollectA can only be stronger in 2017! The management remains unchanged with the passion of producing high quality animals replicas for collectors!"

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers That's so nice! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:09 pm

cheers bounce cheers bounce  cheers bounce cheers bounce  cheers bounce cheers bounce  cheers bounce cheers bounce  cheers bounce cheers bounce  cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce  cheers bounce cheers bounce  cheers bounce cheers bounce

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:18 pm

That's great news! cheers

Breyer just updated their website with info on the new "Corral Pals"/CollectA models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:22 pm

Great news
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:32 pm

Yes CollectA!! cheers
This is what we wanted to hear! sunny

Manuel Alejandro Gómez

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:02 pm

Yes CollectA!! cheers
This is what we wanted to hear! sunny

That is a very great news was alarmed and fortunately has been a false alarm. Long live Collecta!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:04 pm

Excellent news Very Happy Thank you CollectA and Andreas cheers

terrorchicken

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:23 am

cautiously optimistic now :)
Back to top Go down
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:34 am

I'm kinda sad about this. Collecta was just starting to take over the whole horse world with Deb's amazing horses but now this like what..?! I always liked my horses solid and I don't know what I am going to do if they change the paint job or even make them hollow?! Suspect Lets just hope this doesn't mean anything but the brand mark changed but I'm skeptic :S

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:02 am

I'm kinda sad about this. Collecta was just starting to take over the whole horse world with Deb's amazing horses but now this like what..?! I always liked my horses solid and I don't know what I am going to do if they change the paint job or even make them hollow?! Suspect Lets just hope this doesn't mean anything but the brand mark changed but I'm skeptic :S

brand takeovers are never good news , but CollectA is the best brand out there and Im sure they will not let their collectors down .. I dont collect horses but Deborah's horses changed that sunny they have lot of grace and character !! CollectA's statement is clear they are only getting strong in 2017 .. so hope the price and quality of horses do not change ... Its Just Coral Pals !! and collectors in American can now purchase the the horse figures easily sunny .. Being Optimistic only because its CollectA !! they are the best cheers

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:03 pm

cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers Very great news, Collecta is still going strong I love you  cheers bounce I love you cheers bounce I love you cheers
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:17 pm

the 2017 Catalogue is on the website and it has most of the horses and foals in production !! cheers I love you

Country/State : USA / Indiana

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:44 pm

I doubt Breyer will change much about how they are produced (as in, different material or hollow) because the molds are what they are. They likely can't do anything too different with already existing molds
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:50 pm

The only difference I'm expecting is the mold mark.

donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:49 am

the 2017 Catalogue is on the website and it has most of the horses and foals in production !! cheers I love you

Thanks James.

Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Breyer Corral Pals!   Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:16 am

Have you heard the news?  Breyer acquired the rights to the CollectA horses, farm animals and the cats and dogs collections.  CollectA will no longer be making any of those animals!  I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad about the news.  The horses, farm animals, dogs, and cats will be called "Corral Pals".
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:58 am

Well... there is ONE positive.. the ones they keep on should be slightly easier to acquire State-side

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:27 am

In the follow pm i ask if i can hope for wildlife animals and dinosaurs again. The answer:

"Sure! We guarantee."

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:17 pm

In the follow pm i ask if i can hope for wildlife animals and dinosaurs again.  The answer:

"Sure! We guarantee."

Great news! Thanks Andreas.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:49 pm

Just as I expected, thanks Andreas for sharing these answers and LeeAnn for link. Breyer is just using some CollectA figures in their range as Animal Planet is doing with Mojö Fun or several brands did with AAA before. For example, Farm Animals being sold as Breyer are just a selection of those more marketable in USA and it represents just a part of rich CollectA's Farm series. They were sensate enough to not add the donkey foal with wrong hooves in their range. Though, it is surprising to see that old funny sheep being sold as a Breyer. About the real achievement of the finantial process I am not yet aware but the important is that regular CollectA series will keep expanding. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VASILIS

Country/State : GREECE

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:39 pm

In the follow pm i ask if i can hope for wildlife animals and dinosaurs again.  The answer:

"Sure! We guarantee."

At last!!! Good news!!!        Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

This could only mean that Collecta will produce more wild animal figures and dinosaurs once the company will not produce any more horses and farm animals?
I think this is the most probable senario.
I guess that 2018 will include many surprises from Collecta.
Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:33 am

Mixed feelings- I only discovered CollectA when I joined this forum, and have been impressed by what I've seen. Only one I own (actually got as a gift for my mom) is the chestnut Arab mare- and is she gorgeous! (thanks Karin!) My toy scorning mother was just saying day before yesterday how much she loves that model, even more than her Breyers and Stones- she says it is less static.

So sad to see that model discontinued- it's too good to stop! But at least if CollectA continues to produce archaic/wildlife models we can still find their lovely models- and as I have never seen or heard of a retailer anywhere near me (even in this country?) for them, maybe I can find them one day too. If part of the deal is shared marketing, there are Breyer dealers in my town.
Back to top Go down
MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:36 am

Good news all!
We spoke with our CollectA supplier today after getting many questions about this topic. He told us that Reeves have not bought out the entire company and are purely just a distributor of CollectA figurines within the USA.

As we ship all over the world, this doesn't affect MiniZoo in any way. All CollectA wildlife, sea life, dinosaurs, horses, farm animals and all the rest will remain the exact same under the CollectA brand. To continue the good news, CollectA 2017 releases are due at the end of January/start of February at MiniZoo Very Happy
(see our blog about the new figurines [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].) We can't wait!

CollectA remains the same brand we all know and love cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:41 pm

That's great news! cheers

Sassyscribbler

Country/State : United States/Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:59 pm

Thanks for the info, LeeAnn & MiniZoo! (& thank you for the look at the new releases!)
I used to work for Breyer, and suspected they were getting U.S. distribution rights for the horses. Not sure if this means they will have any involvement in commissioning new sculptures from Deb McDermott or if CollectA will still control that, but I do hope that relationship is nurtured! I love her work! And I am VERY glad to hear the rest of the CollectA lines will remain unaffected!

Check out my work on...

Facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Instagram: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:11 am

Thanks Jason for sharing also the information you obtained from CollectA. It is similar to what I conjectured but it is always better to know directly from the real source. As long as CollectA keeps with the same phylosophy of last years, we will be surely happy collectors. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:53 am

I also emailed Reeves, curious to see what their distribution plans were, and if they planned on adding any more lines etc. and got this as a response:

"Dear Paige,

Thank you for your interest in CollectA.

Reeves International is the new exclusive distributor for CollectA in North America. Our focus in January, 2017 is to start with the launch of the Horse, Farm, and Pet product lines under the name “Corral Pals”. These assortments will be co-branded “Breyer by CollectA”. We currently have over 100 SKU’s of these products in stock and ready to ship.

We will be considering the addition of other product lines such as Dinosaurs, Sea Life, Wildlife, and Jungle in the Fall of 2017 and in 2018.

We appreciate your patience if we are unable to satisfy your needs in the short term and look forward to supplying you with a broader assortment of CollectA in the future.

Please feel free to periodically check our website, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as we add to the CollectA product lines.

Regards,
Anna Jakaba-Regan

Customer Service Manager"

So not only do they plan on possibly adding more of CollectA's models, as mentioned above hopefully it will mean that they will be much easier to find in the US (since that is one brand I've been frustratingly unable to get many models from for a good price). So I guess we don't need to despair yet, its a partnership not a hostile takeover. Laughing

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
terrorchicken

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:04 am

well thats good for domestics collectors, but I dont like we have to wait for the non-domestic lines, that is if they even decide they will distribute them...and they are the exclusive USA Collecta distributors, which means they wont let Collecta get a distributor for the other lines, kinda unfair if you ask me. Sad I guess we'll have to keep requesting the non-domestic lines so they know we want them here in the US.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:40 pm

Well done, Paige! I think things are clear enough now! :)

Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Universe 11

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:46 am

When i understand right, collecta will no longer make horses, but the wild animals and prehistoric stay in production?

PostSubject: Re: Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship   

Back to top Go down

Info on CollectA/Breyer Relationship
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next