Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blaine's Bug of the Day

Go down 
+26
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Steve170
Tiermann
Caracal
Pardofelis
zirkoon
halichoeres
Megaptera
bmathison1972
SUSANNE
barracudacat
widukind
Nick
Anne from Norway
75senta75
ulinuk
kessan
Bowhead Whale
lucky luke
Wilorvise
Ana
TheLastStardust
landrover
Kikimalou
Roger
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 8:22 am

Nice catch :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 3:34 pm

Congratulations.cheers cheers

The replicas of microscopic organisms should be explored by famous brands.

Thanks for sharing.

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 1:02 am

Another new species for me, the 'Tully Monster', Tullymonstrum gregarium Richardson, 1966 by Paleo-Creatures. This enigmatic prehistoric invertebrate is known only from the Mason Creek formation in Illinois. Figures of this species have only been made by specialty companies and personal artists, but my guess is it will not be long before Safari or CollectA makes one :).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 8:26 am

Wow, I didn't knew this species! Looks like a cross between an Opabinia and a lamprey, haha

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 8:33 am

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 10:17 am

Wow, that giant amoeba cheers
And the way you discovered him Laughing

And then this incredible ( truely! ) Tully monster !!!
I never heard of it before, but found this nice, little VIDEO about it study

Thanks for sharing these amazing models cheers

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 7:27 pm

A species for me, the black hornet Vespula flaviceps (Smith, 1870). This was an 'accessory' figure (for lack of a better term) for the hornets collection by Break Co. LTD.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 7:54 am

Phantastic

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptySat Mar 09, 2019 10:41 pm

The red-banded snapping shrimp, Alpheus randalli Banner et Banner, 1980. Red-banded snapping shrimp have a symbiotic relationship with various gobies. The two species share a burrow together. The shrimp maintains the burrow and in turn gets to feed on food scraps from the fish. The shrimp is nearly blind and is very sensitive to movements of the fish, often keeping an antennae in constant contact with the fish. If the fish retreated into the burrow to avoid danger, this shrimp follows!

Left: with the orange-striped shrimp goby, Stogonobiops yasha Yoshino et Shimada, 2010, by For Corporation.
Right: with the yellownose prawn goby, Stonogobiops xanthorhinica Randall, 1982, by Colorata

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 9:21 am

Thank you for the information. I have both too but only knows Colorata

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 9:54 pm

Revisiting the emperor scorpion, Pandinus imperator (Koch, 1842), with the 2019 model by Kaiyodo - Revogeo!

I have many figures of this species (and several are packed away for the moment), but here it is with similarly-sized and familiar Safari LTD Smithsonian Insects figure:

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 2:13 am

Revisiting the Mexican red-kneed tarantula, Brachypelma smithi (P-Cambridge, 1897) by Mojo Fun, new for 2019.

This also means five of the six major western (non-Japanese) manufacturers have made Brachypelma smithi. This species has been made by Safari LTD (at least 4 times), Bullyland (at least twice), CollectA, Schleich, and now Mojo Fun. A few examples, with at least one from each company:

1. Safari LTD (Smithsonian Insects)
2. Safari LTD (Hidden Kingdom Insects)
3. CollectA
4. Mojo Fun
5. Schleich
6. Bullyland

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 4:12 pm

what a fantastic arthropods collection you have ! it's amazing!.. I specialy love coleopters, they are so beautiful!.. cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 7:08 pm

Clearly having red knees makes you popular. I think it's interesting that so many companies have done this one species

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 8:40 pm

It's the most popular species of tarantula in terrarium hobby, so it's logic that it also becomes the most popular one in toy form :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 11:23 pm

Tiermann wrote:
Clearly having red knees makes you popular.

If one reads this a certain way, this is really really funny in a naughty way ;-)
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 2:19 am

;D

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 7:05 am

What do you think which brand created the best Red-knee Tarantula?
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 1:01 pm

Megaptera wrote:
What do you think which brand created the best Red-knee Tarantula?

That is hard to say. For my Synoptic Display collection I am showing the Kaiyodo Capsule Q figure (but I have a bias towards Kaiyodo). Of the ones above, the Safari Smithsonian, Bullyland, or Mojo.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 1:42 pm

Ok, thanks. Unfortunately, it is hard to find Kaiyodos in Germany. Otherwise, my collection would be much larger Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 4:41 pm

Interesting spider

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 8:35 pm

I'm not an expert in Arthropods, but I think that the one from Schleich is also a good one.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 8:54 pm

Megaptera wrote:
I'm not an expert in Arthropods, but I think that the one from Schleich is also a good one.

The form is good but the eye arrangement is not correct for a member of the family Theraphosidae.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptySat May 11, 2019 9:34 pm

A new species for me, the Tasmanian giant freshwater crayfish, Astacopsis gouldi Clark, 1936, by Yowie USA, Wild Water Series, new for 2019!!! This is the first arthropod by Yowie USA. Not surprising, since they have focused on endangered species, and most arthropods do not get the IUCN treatment.

The species marks the fifth species of crayfish (Decapoda: Astacidae, Parastacidae, Cambaridae) in toy figure form, at least that I am aware of (there is a potential sixth species, if you have decided to put a species name on the Safari LTD Cave Dwellers TOOB figure).

Representative crayfish figures:
1. red swamp crayfish, Procambrus clarkii (both red and green forms here by Yujin)*
2. Japanese crayfish, Cambaroides japonicus (both brown and blue forms here by Kaiyodo)*
3. Mexican dwarf crayfish, Cambarellus patzcuarensis (Banjihan ACE)
4. yabby, Cherax destructor (Cadbury - Yowies)
5. Tasmanian giant freshwater crayfish, Astacopsis gouldi (Yowie USA)

*there are multiple color forms of these species by different companies.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 EmptySat May 11, 2019 11:20 pm

unbelieveble collection!! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blaine's Bug of the Day
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: