Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges!

Go down 
+4
SUSANNE
zirkoon
widukind
Roger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges! Empty
PostSubject: Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges!   Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 10:26 pm

That is my first purchase of 2017 and it will not enter my collection.
Among my divagations, I couldn't resist to take a look at the Science4You stand.
I got surprised! scratch Yes, the cooperation between Science4you and Maia & Borges continues and some old figures known from Schleich are being revived.
This time, the Indian rhinoceros, a figure that was never available in this century.
I don't have the old Schleich anymore to compare, it was sold recently, but the painting is different and less glossy.
It is marked S4Y/M&B, Made in Portugal.
Product number is 48386
There was also a elephant calf but I only could get this one at the moment.
I won't have the chance to investigate more soon but I'll share news as soon as possible.
I am not a special enthusiast of this mold, Safari and Papo have much better representatives. The M&B muskox is more interesting as a relaunch once the species is still misrepresented.
Though, I suspect I know someone who will love it. cat cat Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges!   Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 10:32 pm

Congratulation for that new oldie :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
zirkoon

zirkoon

PostSubject: Re: Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges!   Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 10:56 pm

I'm a fan of Indian rhinoceros and this one looks great.
But thats right the papo and the Safari look much better.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges!   Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 10:59 pm

WOW !!!! What a gorgeous, beautyful model bounce cheers
I always loved it.
Actually it is amazing that Schleich had an Indian rhino as the first one in the series already in 1989 Very Happy

Imagine finding a brand-new one of the most famous toy-rhinos ever, - and it looks like the paintwork is even nicer than the one M&B made for Schleich Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges!   Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges! EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 7:05 pm

Guess what ? Roger sent me one bounce bounce cheers

He is SO beautyful Very Happy

And he has a friend from M&B, - the musk ox !
They are so happy to speak Spanish Portugese together  Laughing

An interesting thing , in my opinion .
Here is the marking of the Musk ox, - very informative  study

But I am sure that many newer collectors will wonder what the marking on the rhino means Laughing

Another comparison .
I love both, but I sort of prefer the paintwork of M&B  Wink

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges!   Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges! EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 8:01 pm

Fantastic Susanne, it is the exact same figure poorly pictured in the first post. It has now some great pictures that give justice to it.
Oh, I am sure they're not speaking Spanish but Portuguese instead. They're made in Portugal and sold by a Portuguese company of scientific toys.
I think it is somewhat curious to figure out which molds will Maia & Borges use in their next releases. There's an elephant calf too but I have to find which other figures they are re-releasing. elephant Considering that Science4you is using mainly Mojö figures in their range, the muskox and Indian rhino are excellent complements to it once both species are not represented in Mojö range yet.
I am so glad that I am still able of finding something interesting for your collection! Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges!   Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges! EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 8:43 pm

Congrats Susanne :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges!   Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges! EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 1:37 am

cheers
Great gift from Roger :)
I also like more the colors on M+B model :)
Congratulations Susanne and Applause for Roger :)

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges!   Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges! EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 8:55 am

Schleich is selling their old molds? scratch

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges!   Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges! EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 9:00 am

MartinH wrote:

It seems Schleich old molds were M+B molds Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges!   Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges! EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 9:52 am

Kikimalou wrote:
MartinH wrote:

It seems Schleich old molds were M+B molds Wink

Yes. All the "Made in Portugal"-models were manufactured by M&B.

M&B has actually made Schleich with M&B-logo for ages, - the tropical fishes and other sea creatures Very Happy

I imagine that the moulds belong to Schleich, but M&B were allowed to use them Very Happy

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges!   Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges! EmptySun May 06, 2018 12:35 pm

I always liked the M&B Schleich models very well. Some of them are the best "Schleich" models I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges!   Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges! Empty

Back to top Go down

Indian rhinoceros by Maia & Borges!
Page 1 of 1