Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dinosaur Tree is re-written

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

Dinosaur Tree is re-written  Empty
PostSubject: Dinosaur Tree is re-written    Dinosaur Tree is re-written  EmptyThu 23 Mar 2017 - 15:37

This is big news for all Dinosaur buffs, becasue everything we thoght we knew about dinosaurs has been renderd obsolte, so any book on the subject written in the past 130 years has become inaccurate

For years, Dinosaurs have been placed into to groups

Saurischians

And ornithischians

The Sariscians dinosaurs contain Theropods and Sauropods, while Ornithiscians contained Ornithopods, Thyreophorans (Armourd and plated), and Marginocephalians(Ceratospsinas, and Bone heads) as well as small Bipedal plant eaters.

However, a ground breaking new study has suggested that this way of grouping dinosaurs was wrong.It turns out, Theropods dinosaurs are more related to the Ornithipods, Thyreophorans and Marginocephalians, then they were to sauropods. and thus ornithischia is scrapped, in favoru of a (actully not so new name) Orniscelidia.

here is my favorite article on the issue

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/tetrapod-zoology/ornithoscelida-rises-a-new-family-tree-for-dinosaurs/

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Tree is re-written    Dinosaur Tree is re-written  EmptyThu 23 Mar 2017 - 17:32

We ain't seen nothing yet cheers

Thankyou very much for telling sunny

It is double-Chinese for me, but surely enormously interesting Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Tree is re-written    Dinosaur Tree is re-written  EmptyThu 23 Mar 2017 - 18:33

Very interesting, it sounds like an earthquake for me! thank you for the news Takama Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Tree is re-written    Dinosaur Tree is re-written  EmptyWed 21 Jun 2017 - 21:21

It does not surprise me that much. After all, with DNA, we discovered that crocodiles were more closely related to birds than to any other reptile branch, and that hippopotamuses were more closely related to whales than to pigs. So...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Tree is re-written    Dinosaur Tree is re-written  Empty

Back to top Go down

Dinosaur Tree is re-written
Page 1 of 1