Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo Dinosaurs low quality.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PLOB90

Country/State : Poland/Polska

Papo Dinosaurs low quality. Empty
PostSubject: Papo Dinosaurs low quality.   Papo Dinosaurs low quality. EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Hello !
I love Papo Dinosaur, but the company has problems with quality control. It's about painting. Too often they happen badly painted claws, eyes, or teeth, white gums. Did you notice that too?
For example Papo Spinosaurus, jaws close up look very ugly! Jaws are the most visible place.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My Papo Running Green Tyrannosaurus looks even worse.
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Papo Dinosaurs low quality.   Papo Dinosaurs low quality. EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 7:52 pm

I noticed that the painting's quality of Papo older dinosaurs was less good with years than the first series sunny It is very visible with the allosaurus and the stegosaurus.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo Dinosaurs low quality.   Papo Dinosaurs low quality. EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 8:14 pm

I think that if you look that close, you will see the same on all brands, - or worse Wink

I randomly took a dino from a shelf - the wonderful new T-rex from Safari - and made a couple of quick pictures from the side that was nearest me :

I am sure that even if you stand in a shop and can choose among several copies of a model, you won't find one without that kind of flaws among hand-painted models Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Papo Dinosaurs low quality.   Papo Dinosaurs low quality. EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 8:32 pm

Here is a random CollectA :

The Schleich T-Rex. The only Schleich dino I have with open mouth.

Laughing Laughing Perhaps it is toothpaste ? Very Happy

PLOB90

PostSubject: Re: Papo Dinosaurs low quality.   Papo Dinosaurs low quality. EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 9:15 am

Florian wrote:
I noticed that the painting's quality of Papo older dinosaurs was less good with years than the first series sunny It is very visible with the allosaurus and the stegosaurus.

Others think alike?

Ps. Florian, you have an amazing collection of figurines !! Envy.

SUSANNE wrote:
I think that if you look that close, you will see the same on all brands, - or worse Wink

I do not agree, it depends on many factors. Mass produced figures are painted by many employees, there will be differences in accuracy.
It is the painter's lack of diligence. I have a Papo Dilophosaurus and it looks perfect, I think it was painted under a microscope Very Happy Applause !!! And this is a 4 x smaller figure!

I greet everyone .
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Papo Dinosaurs low quality.   Papo Dinosaurs low quality. EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 11:04 am

PLOB90 wrote:

I do not agree, it depends on many factors. Mass produced figures are painted by many employees, there will be differences in accuracy......
I greet everyone .

EXACTLY !!!! It depends on the painter !!
The compagnies can't find only experts, but of course there are really good painters among them.

I know that for instance Royal Copenhagen have only skilled artists, who are educated in botany paint their Flora Danica porcelain. The parts are so expensive that these days they are only made for the Japanese market Laughing

What I mean is, that this is not fair to Papo !!! All the other brands are the same Very Happy

PLOB90

PostSubject: Re: Papo Dinosaurs low quality.   Papo Dinosaurs low quality. EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 9:34 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

EXACTLY !!!! It depends on the painter !!
The compagnies can't find only experts, but of course there are really good painters among them.
What I mean is, that this is not fair to Papo !!!

Papo for me is the best brand of figurines mass produced (in bulk). Only serial figurines can be better, such as Rebor, Sideschow.
Papo is the king of dinosaurs, so more attention to painting them will not hurt.

SUSANNE wrote:

All the other brands are the same Very Happy

Yes, but this is papo and should be better than others Very Happy (!?)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Papo Dinosaurs low quality.   Papo Dinosaurs low quality. EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 9:38 pm

PLOB90 wrote:

Yes, but this is papo and should be better than others Very Happy (!?)

lol! So you don't really mean as a rule that "Papo has low quality" ? It is just that expression I protest against Wink Laughing

Enough now, - I'll try to stop here Embarassed Very Happy

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Papo Dinosaurs low quality.   Papo Dinosaurs low quality. EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 9:42 am

Witaj na forum! Smile

Papo dinosaurs are very well sculpted, but factory painting is always done quite fast and not as detailed as we could wish for. Otherwise, painters would not be able to earn enough (if they worked slower and with more attention).
I think probably the best you can do is to try to paint them yourself. Good custom paintwork would enhance their fantastic look Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo Dinosaurs low quality.   Papo Dinosaurs low quality. EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 7:50 pm

Welcome here :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo Dinosaurs low quality.   Papo Dinosaurs low quality. Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo Dinosaurs low quality.
Page 1 of 1