Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo ginger tabby cat

Go down 
+4
NightLioness
SUSANNE
widukind
cre8tivesoul
8 posters
AuthorMessage
cre8tivesoul

cre8tivesoul

Country/State : Australia

Mojo ginger tabby cat Empty
PostSubject: Mojo ginger tabby cat   Mojo ginger tabby cat EmptyWed 31 May 2017, 09:07

Another repaint... This time, I didn't add nor subtracted anything to this little model. It was the perfect shape for my next subject; our beloved Angel (a.k.a. Ratty / Monkey / The Punk) All I did was repaint it with Ratty's gorgeous calico patches. We got Angel a few weeks after we adopted Mia (they only have a few weeks difference in age.) They aren't from the same litter, so it's a bit of a love/hate relationship between these two. They have mellowed out quite a bit as they've aged. Angel suffers from separation anxiety (she calls out to us while walking around the house with her favourite stuffed toy in her mouth.) I think she's like that because she was traumatized by being left behind at the shelter (someone came and adopted her littermate sister but not her.) Lucky for her, we dropped in at the shelter the next day, fell in love with her, and as they say... The rest is history. I've had the pleasure of being owned and knowing many cats in my lifetime... Angel IS, by far, the most gentlest cat I've ever know... Unless you're a gecko, a skink, or a cockroach! If you are, then you're fair game to her.  Smile

The sweetest little face. She's such a dainty lady.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

She's a big flirt, too!

And a sun worshiper.

She's mostly white, but her calico patterns are very special.

Her nose is three toned; pink, orange with a little black mark down the middle. Cute!  Very Happy

The Mojo model really looks like her... Lithe and graceful.

And just like Mia, she has adorable multicoloured pads.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo ginger tabby cat   Mojo ginger tabby cat EmptyWed 31 May 2017, 19:00

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo ginger tabby cat   Mojo ginger tabby cat EmptyWed 31 May 2017, 21:34

Glorious ...again cheers

Angel-Ratty-Monkey-Punk is SO unusually pretty , - and those eyes  drunken

And your repaint is right on the ..hmmm...spot !!!!  cheers  Applause

cre8tivesoul

cre8tivesoul

PostSubject: Re: Mojo ginger tabby cat   Mojo ginger tabby cat EmptyThu 01 Jun 2017, 00:12

Thank you Andreas and Suzanne! Smile The R.S.P.C.A. gave her the name "Angel," little did we know she was going to live up to her name! She's suuuuuuuch a sweet kitty!  I love you I made videos of Mia and Angel when they were young kittens... Looking back now, it's interesting to see their personality showing through at such a young age. Mia is a curious ratbag, always wanting to be in the thick of things, whereas Angel is born hunter, cautious yet incredibly affectionate and playful.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo ginger tabby cat   Mojo ginger tabby cat EmptyThu 01 Jun 2017, 09:48

Such beautyful, loving videos of your lovely kitties I love you

Amazing how the music fits to each of them Very Happy

cre8tivesoul

cre8tivesoul

PostSubject: Re: Mojo ginger tabby cat   Mojo ginger tabby cat EmptyThu 01 Jun 2017, 20:59

Glad you liked the vids, Suzanne.  Smile I chose these songs because I thought it fitted them to a tee (the music and words.)

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo ginger tabby cat   Mojo ginger tabby cat EmptyThu 01 Jun 2017, 21:07

Even that little black spot on her pink nose you painted on the Mojo Fun cat. Great job!!!

cre8tivesoul

PostSubject: Re: Mojo ginger tabby cat   Mojo ginger tabby cat EmptyFri 02 Jun 2017, 05:50

Thanks Karin! Very Happy I just adore her little tri-coloured nose! I love you

Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Mojo ginger tabby cat   Mojo ginger tabby cat EmptyFri 02 Jun 2017, 11:02

Congrats, I love this! I rarely see domestic cat figurines that I like, I know too much about cats - it's a problem! Very Happy But this one is great, good job!!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo ginger tabby cat   Mojo ginger tabby cat EmptySat 03 Jun 2017, 01:19

I am in love with Angel now!! cat
About your work I want first give some words to Mojö. Naturally you haven't changed anything besides the color in that figure. I love all cat figures but it is quite normal that I see a cat figure and always, there is something that looks wrong for a cat in any figure I see. ... and I mean in all companies in all these years. Some cats were really good but there was always that little thing that we don't know exactly what it is but that makes us feel that it is not 100% cat like. The Mojö figure is the first that I watched and got me completely excited of it once it just looks like a cat... simple like that. All cats are different but we all generate an image of what a cat looks like, my image is represented in that Mojö figure.
Your repaint make it look really like Angel and, despite the different coloring, it keeps just looking like a cat as it shoud be. cheers I also love the song choices you've made for your wonderful videos and obviously they fit nicely the names of your cats.
I just picked one of the pictures and what you see in it? ..... acat! Just a cat! ... but not any random cat, it looks like an Angel! cat cat cat

cre8tivesoul

PostSubject: Re: Mojo ginger tabby cat   Mojo ginger tabby cat EmptySat 03 Jun 2017, 05:36

Thank you so much, Anne and Roger! I'm glad you like my mini-Angel and the videos of my fur-kids. I agree with you both... The Mojo ginger tabby cat is by far, THE best looking cat figurine in production. It captures the sleek graceful look of a domestic short-hair cats, and the eyes are its best feature... They are wide, just like those of real domestic cats! Smile

WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Mojo ginger tabby cat   Mojo ginger tabby cat EmptyMon 05 Jun 2017, 00:49

Splendid repaint! I am in love with how you painted the eyes of this cat. This was also one of the best models to choose for the repaint. I will have to agree with Roger that this is without a doubt, the best cat figure on the market.

Angel is absolutely adorable and how cute that she runs around calling you with her favorite toy! She really does sound like a very sweet and amazing cat!

Awesome job on the repaint! I absolutely love it!

cre8tivesoul

PostSubject: Re: Mojo ginger tabby cat   Mojo ginger tabby cat EmptyMon 05 Jun 2017, 03:51

Thank you so much, mate!  Very Happy I just saw your little Bengal cat repaint on your DeviantArt page. It looks amazing! Looks like you used the Mojo tabby cat for that repaint too. Great choice for a Bengal! It truly is a lovely model to work with, isn't it.

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Mojo ginger tabby cat   Mojo ginger tabby cat EmptyThu 08 Jun 2017, 01:10

Wow, Angel is a real Angel ..with this so beautiful white color.
But she is also very good actor ....she knows how to flirt with the camera Very Happy
And she has a beautiful Charisma !

Your repaint of the Mojo cat is wonderful, with great details.
I really like especially the eyes, but not only.
Everything is great.

Can I give a small advice ... ? :)
Watching the photos of Angel , I think, that will be nice if you try to make the dots for the whiskers,
with very light color ...or even without them. Because Angel is with white muzzle and she doesn`t have dark dots .  
I don`t have this model, but I`m almost sure, that it has small dots from the sculpture , so even without color , we can see them :) Or if I`m wrong, then if you make them with very light color, it will be more the beautiful and soft muzzle of Angel :)

Sorry if I disturb you with my advices ... sunny

cre8tivesoul

PostSubject: Re: Mojo ginger tabby cat   Mojo ginger tabby cat EmptyThu 08 Jun 2017, 02:17

Thank you so much, Kosta! Smile Please... I welcome your advice. You're 100% right. The dark whisker dots are too garish. I might tone them down a bit. Is it okay to repaint over sealer, though? I already sealed the model with some satin varnish.

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Mojo ginger tabby cat   Mojo ginger tabby cat EmptyThu 08 Jun 2017, 02:33

Embarassed Very Happy
You can repaint over varnish, it is not a problem.
But then, when you spray again the varnish, maybe it is good idea to put something, to cover the eyes... like Cling Film ...or something else ... because after the varnish, the eyes will be not so glossy :) ...or you can make them glossy again.

cre8tivesoul

PostSubject: Re: Mojo ginger tabby cat   Mojo ginger tabby cat EmptyThu 08 Jun 2017, 08:42

Whew! Glad it is fixable! Thank you so much for you help and advice, Kosta. I truly appreciate it. Very Happy

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Mojo ginger tabby cat   Mojo ginger tabby cat EmptyThu 08 Jun 2017, 17:49

cre8tivesoul wrote:
Whew! Glad it is fixable! Thank you so much for you help and advice, Kosta. I truly appreciate it. Very Happy

Thank you that you are open for advices sunny

PostSubject: Re: Mojo ginger tabby cat   Mojo ginger tabby cat Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo ginger tabby cat
Page 1 of 1