Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source!

Go down 
+6
widukind
sbell
barracudacat
Saarlooswolfhound
landrover
SUSANNE
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Full set of Arizona fish!   Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 4:12 am

Okay, I'll admit...I caved. I had to get the Razorback.

But why get one when I can get...TWO!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Seriously...I have two now! I'll probably re-home one.

So here is the full set now!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source!   Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 4:29 am

Where did you find it? I have 4/6, I'm missing the razorback and the loach minnow (I think).

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source!   Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 4:37 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Where did you find it? I have 4/6, I'm missing the razorback and the loach minnow (I think).

I gave in and found a source in China... pale

I do have the spare razorback though. I considered getting the others if I could, but it was a new way to purchase for me, and I didn't know how it would go, so I didn't want to invest too much Wink

So razorbacks and loaches only!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source!   Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 4:50 am

I see, so it's a copy of the mold? It's beautiful nonetheless, and it's great to see the whole line together. You sir, are a great detective, finding out this mystery at long last let alone tracking them all down!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source!   Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 5:09 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I see, so it's a copy of the mold? It's beautiful nonetheless, and it's great to see the whole line together. You sir, are a great detective, finding out this mystery at long last let alone tracking them all down!

It's hard to say--it has all of the markings, etc, like the others. Most likely it was produced in the same place that the Marsh ones were, but wasn't sent for sale--so like a factory second or something? Although one is seemingly perfect, and one just has a couple of little paint blemishes. So who knows their exact story.

But at least I have a whole set now!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source!   Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 5:14 am

sbell wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

It's hard to say--it has all of the markings, etc, like the others. Most likely it was produced in the same place that the Marsh ones were, but wasn't sent for sale--so like a factory second or something? Although one is seemingly perfect, and one just has a couple of little paint blemishes. So who knows their exact story.

Well, whether its a Chinese copy or a left behind original, I really can't stop looking at your photos of them all together. In the past year I gained a whole new respect and interest in the fish of the world, which is great for my personal knowledge but unfortunate for my wallet!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source!   Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 5:40 am

Congrats :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source!   Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 2:45 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
sbell wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Well, whether its a Chinese copy or a left behind original, I really can't stop looking at your photos of them all together. In the past year I gained a whole new respect and interest in the fish of the world, which is great for my personal knowledge but unfortunate for my wallet!

I totally understand--my (mostly freshwater) fish collection has expanded quite a bit, but at the expense of other parts--a lot of my modern mammals and dinosaurs have been re-homed or are in the process of being re-homed. I try to keep my collection so that nothing is stored (except spares) but the shelves are just getting too crowded!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source!   Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 12:20 am

It is always exciting when a series is complete! Of course you couldn't resist Sean. Laughing
Well, whilst we don't know it is an original or not, I decided to add it on TAI. It is much more informative with the complete series and that was the first representative of the species at the wiki. If we ever find it is a knock-off, what I really doubt, it can always be removed and replaced if needed. If I ever want one of them, which one do you suggest to me? study

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source!   Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Roger wrote:
It is always exciting when a series is complete! Of course you couldn't resist Sean. Laughing
Well, whilst we don't know it is an original or not, I decided to add it on TAI. It is much more informative with the complete series and that was the first representative of the species at the wiki. If we ever find it is a knock-off, what I really doubt, it can always be removed and replaced if needed. If I ever want one of them, which one do you suggest to me? study

I don't think it's a knockoff, the quality is too high--all of the markings are clearly visible. My guess is that there was a second run, or overstock, that was sold off. So real models, just no tags!

As for which one to get, if you get only one...it's hard to say. The Loach minnow is the most striking in terms of colour and shape...but the razorback sucker is just so
weird. And then, of course, the pupfish is a pretty cute figure as well...and the others are great too...I'm not really helping much!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source!   Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 1:26 am

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:

I don't think it's a knockoff, the quality is too high--all of the markings are clearly visible. My guess is that there was a second run, or overstock, that was sold off. So real models, just no tags!

As for which one to get, if you get only one...it's hard to say. The Loach minnow is the most striking in terms of colour and shape...but the razorback sucker is just so
weird. And then, of course, the pupfish is a pretty cute figure as well...and the others are great too...I'm not really helping much!

lol! Thanks anyway. Wink

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source!   Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2022 7:31 pm

I assume these are the real deal:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source!   Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2022 7:47 pm

Birdsage wrote:
I assume these are the real deal:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's the same source. So most likely seconds, or unofficial runs.

They don't come with tags, for example.

Marsh Education currently has five of the six available, and they're the actual source.
But the Loach Minnow will require more flexible means (just like when I had no other way to get the Razorbacks)
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source!   Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 8:48 pm

I want those fishies! Anyone has a double for me?
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source!   Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 8:48 pm

sbell wrote:
Okay, I'll admit...I caved. I had to get the Razorback.

But why get one when I can get...TWO!

Seriously...I have two now! I'll probably re-home one.

So here is the full set now!

I'M INTERESTED!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source!   Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd endangered Arizona fish models--source!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2